AXA Advisors

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.3

AXA PWM Interview

interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2011.

Applied through university career website and interviewed with Vice President at NY Office with other candidates.
    They presented what AXA does and What they expect to us. and then do the interview separately.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult, just explained why I want this position   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I was first contacted by other interns for the job. They set up the interview. Very relaxed interview with the Vice President of the office, which is the title of the branch manager; no surprises and very courteous.

Financial Advisor Interview

The hiring process was a completed in 3 steps. The final step was completing a business plan and going over compensation. It took about a month to go through the process and was pretty straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2014.

Applied online. Received email to set up an interview. Interview was in person with a head of a team. It wasn't really an interview as in "walk me through your resume" but more of a "why do you want to do this?" "what do you like to do outside of work?" type of interview. Essentially making sure I knew what I was getting into and then making sure I would be a good fit. Very casual.

After the initial interview, you fill out information for a background check and then you meet the whole team.

Interview Questions

I decided that the position was not the best fit for me.

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Meet with District Manager who will regale you with the income potential and the joys of running your own practice. VP of branch will brag about the retention percentages of their associates after 4 years being the best in the industry. You should ask what the 1 and 2 years success rates are :)

no negotiations...no salary!

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2014.

I applied online through my career site. This posting for an unpaid position. The interview process was more of a group interview, where all candidates were made to participate in a group. The position and description sounds good but it does not really hold true to its words. Work to be assigned was about searching for high net worth individuals whom the company could sell their insurance or services

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions except for what kind of work would you like to do. Assist a financial advisor with their daily tasks like copying, printing etc. Not a good option for anyone higher than a freshman or someone who would be looking to work for free   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2012.

Brought you in, wanted to see if you can sell.

didn't like the job

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Generally discussed the position responsibilities and the role Axa provides to its clients. Nothing too behavioral or on the spot, a very candid and simple interview. My (future boss) explained I would be able to sit in on weekly trainings and sit in on some client meetings. I was able to learn a lot of how the financial services industry works.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a financial advisor?   View Answer
    I would advise one to intern at Axa if they would like to become a Financial Advisor. There is a ton to be learned in relation to building a client base and being able to sell your service to others.

Entry Level Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2013.

Very informational recruitment process. The interviewer was trying to see if I was a good fit with the company. This led to a lot of explaining of what the job entailed, how it is different from other similar advisory roles, and how to be successful. Interviewer did most the talking in all three interviews. I was asked basic questions like tell me about your self and why I wanted to be an advisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

- Did not ask many questions, just explained the role and requirements. Did not feel like a formal interview
    - Very high turnover rate so interviews are held throughout the year
    - Multiple interviews are held just for show, to build attachment to the job offer and build credibility
    - No formal HR recruiting team, other AXA Advisors will recruit for their own teams

- Very vague description of the job especially pay structure

Interview Questions
    • None, the interview wasn't behavioral or technical at all. They sell you on the job.   Answer Question
    -You will make no money until you've passed all your exams and made sales through cold calling.
    -Exam fees are paid from your own pocket until you've made all the requirements and are then reimbursed.