AXA Advisors

180 candidate interviews

Financial Professional Interview

Financial Professional
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2011.

Interview Details – the interview process is not that intimidating; it is actually comforting that the interviewer was up front about what i would be getting my self into. He told me that it was an opportunity to help people secure their monetary futures though various financial instruments. All in all, it was a good experience

Interview Question – how do you define your self worth?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2011.

Interview Details – Brief interview consisted of why I though I could help the company. Also wanted to know what my long term goals where within the industry. I had a strong employer ref feral so the interview was more of a screening process than anything. Most of their interns are selected this way.

Interview Question – Why do you think you could help the company is the wealth management industry.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Assistant and Financial Professional Interview

Licensed Sales Assistant and Financial Professional
San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had several interviews. The people I interviewed with were very nice and honest.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked hard questions. We just talked naturally about the industry and what i was looking for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2011.

Interview Details – I did 1:1 with the advisor who recruited me and with the vice president in charge of the regional office. After that, I paid the fees associated with sitting the FINRA Series 7 and 66 exams. I didn't pass the Series 7 but was not given a retake opportunity.

Interview Question – How do you expect to build a client base having only been in the market for a short time?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After I missed passing score on Series 7 by 4 points, I was told that my natural market submission was not up to their standard and they had been counting on me to smoke the exam. So they decided not go forward and I agreed.

PreFinancial Advisor Interview

PreFinancial Advisor
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer was running behind 40 minutes, as I was almost leaving he came all sweaty and started asking behavioral questions. One question I remember was if you start a project in a group and you will be hired based on your performance in what place would you like to be ?

Interview Question – Never was asked any technical problem   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2011.

Interview Details – Standard 1:1 Interview, nothing confusing know your reasons for joining the industry.

Interview Question – Describe your previous experience in sales and dealing with clients.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of usual interview questions. Included a lot of talk about your personal network and your capability as a self-starter.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received a better offer.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and contacted by phone about 2 months later. Two interviews and if you're liked, you start. Must be confident and composed. Depends so much on the individual that you interview with because the advisors each seem to run their own small business. After that getting truly started is slow because it is a financial advisory job you must pass your life and health insurance exam, series 7 and series 66 to start making money.

Interview Question – Why would you succeed in a industry like this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is what you make of it. If you are up for the challenge and ready to work this job has its benefits.

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2010.

Interview Details – I went to a group interview and then a 1:1 Interview. At the 1:1 interview, I was offered the opportunity to continue with the process, and was asked to prepare a marketing plan with their materials. During the 1:1, some questions about the salary were brushed over, and it was made clear that I would need to make an up front investment to get licensing, and their offer to "reimburse" the expense did not cover more than 10% of the expected costs. The office was nice and the people seemed to be professional. I think that AXA's platform is much better suited to am established, licensed financial advisor as opposed to an entry-level one.

Interview Question – What skills and / or resources do you have that will help you succeed as a financial adviser?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary / Draw not competitive with others on the table

New York, NY

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2010.

Interview Details – Overall, the interview process was very thorough. It involved developing a personal business plan. Various conversations were held over the phone and in person between the direct recruiter and potential group directors of the company. Great experience, great company.

Interview Question – Describe a time of leadership when you succeeded or failed.   Answer Question