AXA Advisors

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2011.

Brief interview consisted of why I though I could help the company. Also wanted to know what my long term goals where within the industry. I had a strong employer ref feral so the interview was more of a screening process than anything. Most of their interns are selected this way.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you could help the company is the wealth management industry.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Assistant and Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2011.

I had several interviews. The people I interviewed with were very nice and honest.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked hard questions. We just talked naturally about the industry and what i was looking for.   View Answer
    I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2011.

I did 1:1 with the advisor who recruited me and with the vice president in charge of the regional office. After that, I paid the fees associated with sitting the FINRA Series 7 and 66 exams. I didn't pass the Series 7 but was not given a retake opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect to build a client base having only been in the market for a short time?   View Answer

After I missed passing score on Series 7 by 4 points, I was told that my natural market submission was not up to their standard and they had been counting on me to smoke the exam. So they decided not go forward and I agreed.

PreFinancial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

The interviewer was running behind 40 minutes, as I was almost leaving he came all sweaty and started asking behavioral questions. One question I remember was if you start a project in a group and you will be hired based on your performance in what place would you like to be ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2011.

Standard 1:1 Interview, nothing confusing know your reasons for joining the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your previous experience in sales and dealing with clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2008.

Interview consisted of usual interview questions. Included a lot of talk about your personal network and your capability as a self-starter.

Received a better offer.

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2009.

Applied online and contacted by phone about 2 months later. Two interviews and if you're liked, you start. Must be confident and composed. Depends so much on the individual that you interview with because the advisors each seem to run their own small business. After that getting truly started is slow because it is a financial advisory job you must pass your life and health insurance exam, series 7 and series 66 to start making money.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It is what you make of it. If you are up for the challenge and ready to work this job has its benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2010.

I went to a group interview and then a 1:1 Interview. At the 1:1 interview, I was offered the opportunity to continue with the process, and was asked to prepare a marketing plan with their materials. During the 1:1, some questions about the salary were brushed over, and it was made clear that I would need to make an up front investment to get licensing, and their offer to "reimburse" the expense did not cover more than 10% of the expected costs. The office was nice and the people seemed to be professional. I think that AXA's platform is much better suited to am established, licensed financial advisor as opposed to an entry-level one.

Interview Questions
    • What skills and / or resources do you have that will help you succeed as a financial adviser?   Answer Question

Salary / Draw not competitive with others on the table

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2010.

Overall, the interview process was very thorough. It involved developing a personal business plan. Various conversations were held over the phone and in person between the direct recruiter and potential group directors of the company. Great experience, great company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time of leadership when you succeeded or failed.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2010.

This interview process was very long and pointless in my personal opinion. There was a few times where the interviewer came late or didn't even show up at all to the interview. There was a few times where I had to reschedule. They seem somewhat professional. Overall I ended up excepting the offer because of the economy right now but fortunately I still have a few other options just in case something happens that doesn't sit to well with me.

Interview Questions
    • Even though we already know about your background and how good of a worker you are. Tell us something about yourself that we don't already know.   View Answer
    Really vague, hasn't really discussed that many terms and contracts