AXA Advisors

180 candidate interviews

Financial Professional Interview

Financial Professional
Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in November 2011.

Interview Details – After an informal interview, you do a personality test and some other basic paperwork.
If it's for commission sales, they are so desperate they will hire pretty much anyone. It helps if you have a history of fraud and corruption.

Interview Question – No curve balls from the interviewer. Again, they want as many hires as possible.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are given an offer from this company, run the other way. Do not take it!

Intern Interview

Intern
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Applied online through my school, got an interview which was easy it was What do you know about AXA? How could you help AXA? What are your hobbies, What do you want to do in 20 years. Really easy relaxed interview, i was so nervous.

Interview Question – Easy questions, do some research on the company and know what they do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none $10 an hour which is fair, the work is easy and gives you tons of experience into the industry.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2013.

Interview Details – Four interview process:
1st interview was essentially a joke, they hardly asked me any questions about myself, mainly tried to "sell" me on the position. I may be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to sell yourself in an interview?
They then performed a background check and called me for a 2nd interview about 3 weeks later. I declined.
Interviewers seemed to be very well versed in the goals of their company, as I said, they tried to sell me on them.
Overall environment was very friendly.

Interview Question – All pretty straight-forward. They asked why I was interested in the financial services field.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – I was contacted after meeting them at a career fair. I was asked to come into an interview and it was very laid back. It felt as if I could have the job if I wanted. One drawback was that they don't pay for your securities certification they only reimburse you after you pass.

Interview Question – No technical questions. All about you and what you're looking for in a career. If you want to work on commission then you can have this job.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Asked general behavior questions. Very basic

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 Years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company seemed only interested in selling insurance not actual financial planning

Insurance Sales Interview

Insurance Sales
Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2011.

Interview Details – smooth and very easy, i knew something was up when its that easy to pass an interview

Reason for Declining – i later found out the company ethics and reviews and indeed it is what ppl call it "the cutco for financials"

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was given a basic phone interview which consisted of an introduction of the company and what the position entails. When they asked me to come in for a 1-1 interview, I expected to be pitched about the position, which was actually a sales type job. But during the interview, the interviewer was up-front and didn't make any promises. He said it was a sales job that did require a lot of hard work (cold calling) and effort.

Interview Question – Mostly discussion about the position.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very laid back interview. they were basically selling YOU the position, not the other way around.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Dont be fooled...it's all cold calling and most people dont make squat months after starting.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call from a recruiter from AXA Advisors asking me to come in for a interview. The phone interview was very short. I actually told them I wanted to get back to them before I schedule an interview and he was fine with that. A week later, I went in for an interview. Right when I got in, the receptionist asked me to fill out this long packet. After that, I got to meet my recruiter, who actually turned out to be the Assistant VP. I spoke to him for like 20 minutes, and then he introduced me to the VP and I spoke to him for about another 20 minutes. The interview wasn't hard at all. Be calm and you'll do fine.

Interview Question – Are you motivated?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Financial Advisor wasn't something I wanted to do.

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2011.

Interview Details – They told me about the job and tried to sell me on the position. Should have been the other way around. No real interview, just sell sell sell.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I don't take jobs that anyone can get.