AXA Advisors

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Financial Advisor Internsip Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I met with one of their representatives at my school's career fair and went in for an interview about a week later. The interview was very quick and I was offered the position on the spot. I declined after finding out that I wouldn't be directly exposed to investing decisions and was simply going to be selling retirement plans.

Interview Questions

I didn't think the position was the right fit for me

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

the worst interview that I have been through, they will talk to you on the phone for the first interview, then second interview is to meet up in their office, 1on1 meeting, however, there is not a single constructive question, after that 1 on 1 interview, I was told that they will schedule another interview going over the compensation and benefits to work for them. At the end, I didn't receive any information from them, I email them, no response, I called them, didn't pick up the phone, I left a voice mail, never called back. It was so unprofessional to the point where I don't want to and would never work for them. And the funny thing is, two months later, the same guy who interviewed me previously, called me again for interview??!? I guess he didn't remember I was the one that he humiliated two months ago.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

Initial communications were by phone and email and I scheduled an interview in early January. The first interview was kind of a screening to make sure that you are well-dressed and gives you an overview of the position. They asked some questions related to work ethic, what I knew about sales, and what I thought of the position. They explained the broad aspects of the position and gave me a background check form that they would review before I was called in again.

The second interview was more in-depth and they explained the training process, support structure, contract options, and the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but they want to know that you have the potential to succeed in a role based mostly on commission.   Answer Question

This particular office gave me the feeling of a pyramid scheme and that I would not reap the total benefits of my work.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

3 mins only. Spoke to a VP. Sales only. He is honest and said sales depends on personality. He said he is not good at numbers and would like to communicate. We did not waster our time, which is good, except the time I went there.

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Meet with District Manager who will regale you with the income potential and the joys of running your own practice. VP of branch will brag about the retention percentages of their associates after 4 years being the best in the industry. You should ask what the 1 and 2 years success rates are :)

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations...no salary!

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my career site. This posting for an unpaid position. The interview process was more of a group interview, where all candidates were made to participate in a group. The position and description sounds good but it does not really hold true to its words. Work to be assigned was about searching for high net worth individuals whom the company could sell their insurance or services

Interview Questions

• There were no questions except for what kind of work would you like to do. Assist a financial advisor with their daily tasks like copying, printing etc. Not a good option for anyone higher than a freshman or someone who would be looking to work for free   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Brought you in, wanted to see if you can sell.

didn't like the job

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Generally discussed the position responsibilities and the role Axa provides to its clients. Nothing too behavioral or on the spot, a very candid and simple interview. My (future boss) explained I would be able to sit in on weekly trainings and sit in on some client meetings. I was able to learn a lot of how the financial services industry works.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a financial advisor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would advise one to intern at Axa if they would like to become a Financial Advisor. There is a ton to be learned in relation to building a client base and being able to sell your service to others.

Entry Level Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Columbia, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Very informational recruitment process. The interviewer was trying to see if I was a good fit with the company. This led to a lot of explaining of what the job entailed, how it is different from other similar advisory roles, and how to be successful. Interviewer did most the talking in all three interviews. I was asked basic questions like tell me about your self and why I wanted to be an advisor.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be an advisor.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

- Did not ask many questions, just explained the role and requirements. Did not feel like a formal interview
    - Very high turnover rate so interviews are held throughout the year
    - Multiple interviews are held just for show, to build attachment to the job offer and build credibility
    - No formal HR recruiting team, other AXA Advisors will recruit for their own teams

- Very vague description of the job especially pay structure

Interview Questions

• None, the interview wasn't behavioral or technical at all. They sell you on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

-You will make no money until you've passed all your exams and made sales through cold calling.
    -Exam fees are paid from your own pocket until you've made all the requirements and are then reimbursed.