AXA Advisors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Financial Representative Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through my career site. This posting for an unpaid position. The interview process was more of a group interview, where all candidates were made to participate in a group. The position and description sounds good but it does not really hold true to its words. Work to be assigned was about searching for high net worth individuals whom the company could sell their insurance or services

Interview Question – There were no questions except for what kind of work would you like to do. Assist a financial advisor with their daily tasks like copying, printing etc. Not a good option for anyone higher than a freshman or someone who would be looking to work for free   Answer Question

Investment Management Interview

Investment Management
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2014.

Interview Details – Only one interview in New York City

Interview Question – No. You just need to perform that you like this job, this company.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2012.

Interview Details – Brought you in, wanted to see if you can sell.

Interview Question – Can you sell.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didn't like the job

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Mostly personality questions, they want to know if you want to sell products all day. 4 stage interview, no hard questions throughout any of the stages. They just want to see if you keep coming back for interviews. All smoke and mirros during the process where the hiring manager tempts you with the one success story within the industry and how good and highly ranked his team is.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just say you are willing to work 80 hours a week and want to make a lot of money. Use them for the Series 7 and leave. You will be viewed negatively in the industry if you work for AXA. I know all this through hindsight.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is a commission only job. Or a very small salary that they tell you is around 45k, but in reality is 2k a month.

Wealth Management Internship Interview

Wealth Management Internship
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2013.

Interview Details – First round was over the phone. Then there was an in person interview followed by a trial day to see if I was up for the position. The trial day consists of going through the normal day of an intern. It consists of mostly testing whether or not you can keep up with the speed of the work place and how fast you can learn.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for AXA Advisors and why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview, didn't feel too stressed.

Anonymous Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2012.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews, must be a entrepreneur. Willing to work a lot and be comfortable with getting paid in commission. Must be very confident , organized individual . Important to have desire to learn about the financial market. A natural problem solver.

Interview Question – None really . No technical questions, just psychology. Although it would be good to know the difference between a IRA and 401k and some other financial products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not really

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – - Did not ask many questions, just explained the role and requirements. Did not feel like a formal interview
- Very high turnover rate so interviews are held throughout the year
- Multiple interviews are held just for show, to build attachment to the job offer and build credibility
- No formal HR recruiting team, other AXA Advisors will recruit for their own teams

- Very vague description of the job especially pay structure

Interview Question – None, the interview wasn't behavioral or technical at all. They sell you on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – -You will make no money until you've passed all your exams and made sales through cold calling.
-Exam fees are paid from your own pocket until you've made all the requirements and are then reimbursed.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2013.

Interview Details – Received an initial phone call from one of the vice presidents., upon which he held an initial per-screening of my interest and qualifications. From there we set up an in person interview in his office. The first interview is your basic fit and expectations question and answer conversation.

If they like you enough you will be asked to submit to a background check. Once that is cleared you will come in for a final interview with the VP that interviewed you and one of the three executives at the branch. You will be asked to present your business plan and talk about what your market is and how you plan on approaching the business. This interview is a lot more job specific.

They will then take a couple days to review your candidacy with the rest of the VP's. Once that is complete they will let you know of their decision.

Interview Question – Just make sure you are prepared to present a detailed business plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase,. You are start on per-contract, which is a commission only time period where you work towards certain incentives.

New York, NY

I interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2013.

Interview Details – Wanted to get to know you not your resume to see if you're a good fit. After about 2 interviews they wanted me to meet with a managing person and present to them a business plan on how I would approach personal contacts to eventually bring them in as clients. I wasn't comfortable giving them all the details of my personal contacts (even though they said they wouldn't use them, still didn't feel right) so I canceled my next interview. Felt somewhat like an industry where i'd be used for my connections then tossed into the pool to sink or swim. (they said they had a great program that would teach you, but I don't think I was too sold)

Interview Question – They just want to know who you are and if you'd be a great fit for the position. I think the hardest is listing off the top of your head about 3 contacts you would be able to bring to the firm. Dealing with how much information you're willing to provide without giving them the upper hand in using your contacts.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.