AXA Advisors

Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.2

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Who in your family or friends has money? If none, how good are you at cold calling and being an entrepreneur. The interview was really more of management selling me on why I should work there.

Interview Questions
    Had the option to work on 100% commission or 50% commission and a very small base salary.

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

It was a group interview. We have 12 people together. At first, he asked question to everybody. It was a fair chance for people who knows the answer. He asked 6 questions and each of us answered individually in front of others.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2014.

Applied online. Received email to set up an interview. Interview was in person with a head of a team. It wasn't really an interview as in "walk me through your resume" but more of a "why do you want to do this?" "what do you like to do outside of work?" type of interview. Essentially making sure I knew what I was getting into and then making sure I would be a good fit. Very casual.

After the initial interview, you fill out information for a background check and then you meet the whole team.

Interview Questions

I decided that the position was not the best fit for me.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2014.

Applied online and received a call in about a week. Went into their NYC office for an interview. The interview was very straightforward. The interviewer was also very honest about the position being mainly sales and said that it definitely is not for everyone.

Interview Questions

Didn't really want to go into sales

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2014.

The first interview was informal followed by a secondary interview with multiple managers. The questions were about my relevant experience and why I thought I would be a good candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2014.

1st round was all behavior-based questions and very basic getting to know the interviewee on a personal level. 2nd round was similar but discussed job details and compensation. 3rd round is conference call with interviewer discussing more of the job and training.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to keep up with the different potential paths was not easy.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2014.

Applied through Career Services at my school. The HR person contacted me for an interview on a Friday Morning. I get there and the person who was supposed to interview me was no where to be found. They looked around for her and they found out she took the day off. They weren't prepared for me. I got interviewed by the Executive Assistant and she was not really familiar with the position, in my opinion. I got no apology and I never followed up because I believe they were unprofessional.

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2014.

I applied online through my career site. This posting for an unpaid position. The interview process was more of a group interview, where all candidates were made to participate in a group. The position and description sounds good but it does not really hold true to its words. Work to be assigned was about searching for high net worth individuals whom the company could sell their insurance or services

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions except for what kind of work would you like to do. Assist a financial advisor with their daily tasks like copying, printing etc. Not a good option for anyone higher than a freshman or someone who would be looking to work for free   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Mostly personality questions, they want to know if you want to sell products all day. 4 stage interview, no hard questions throughout any of the stages. They just want to see if you keep coming back for interviews. All smoke and mirros during the process where the hiring manager tempts you with the one success story within the industry and how good and highly ranked his team is.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just say you are willing to work 80 hours a week and want to make a lot of money. Use them for the Series 7 and leave. You will be viewed negatively in the industry if you work for AXA. I know all this through hindsight.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It is a commission only job. Or a very small salary that they tell you is around 45k, but in reality is 2k a month.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Pretty standard interview, didn't feel too stressed.