AXA Assistance USA

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Assistance USA.

Interview Details – Interviewed through a third party recruiter, whose job description did not match the actual job description and claimed the company was a public fortune 500 company when it is a private company whose parent company in France trades in the international markets.

The interviews were two on-site interviews with one person for one hour each, which was frankly a waste of time and parking (excess of $75) for me. No phone interviews or phone screens per the recruiter. I generally prefer to scope a position/company out via phone before venturing downtown or taking time off. Recruiter claimed it was a phenomenal opportunity and they "really wanted me".

I got mixed signals from the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss, but the recruiter kept telling me they wanted me and were giving me an offer when they didn't. I also got wind that the recruiter had another candidate she wanted to get the job as well, which also wasted my time further. Regardless, she wasted my time telling me they were preparing an offer and I should give her the "numbers" I would accept and so forth when they were giving an offer to someone else.

Overall, it was not my top choice and I was pretty hesitant to go to begin with. Next time I will go with my gut, especially after reading the last interview review for this position. In the end, things worked out for the best, despite being out PTO and a sick amount of $$ for parking.

Interview Question – Not a difficult interview if you are competent in this area.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AXA Assistance USA in December 2013.

Interview Details – The HR Director reached out to me. Interviewed with 6 people in 5 separate trips within six weeks. Disorganized group. Seems no one wants to take responsibility and make hiring decision. Never heard from them since.

Interview Question – a lot of common interview questions. But no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Chief Operating Officer
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Assistance USA in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was quick. Met with head of HR and the CEO on the first interview. Second round of interviews included peer on the leadership team and the CEO's boss.

Interview Question – Who do you know that would be a client right away?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The leadership is highly dysfunctional and the probability of turning the business around and making it successful was remote. Furthermore, the business is not proven in the US.

Worked for AXA Assistance USA? Contribute to the Community!