AXA Equitable Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Equitable (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Its a three interview process. I got recruited by someone working for the company. The first interview is like any other interview, they basically just want to get to know you. The second interview is about your presentation skills. They basically ask you to present one of their packages to them and see how well you do in terms of persuasiveness and presence. The third interview is to form a business plan about what you will be willing to do in order to succeed in AXA for the next 5 years.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Equitable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Equitable (Woodbridge, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It was made clear that this business isn't for everyone. You have to be a self starter and someone who can think outside the box to find clients - unless you have a large natural market- or you won't make it. My interviewer was pretty upfront about that and the fact that you would be sponsored for your licenses, but you have to have some savings to get started as you will pay out of pocket and be reimbursed if you make it through the required certifications. The potential to make a great living is there, but you will have to make it through a sink or swim process that could last 3-5 years, so make sure you are ready to dedicate yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum you will need to make in your first year to handle your overhead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Equitable (Akron, OH).

Interview

applied through my schools recruiting program. got called for an interview a week later. Then went on to a second interview with a senior advisor.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about asking random girl for their phone number   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Equitable (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

The Interviewer was nice and intented to exlpore the Chinease Market in three Chinese areas in the New York City. He explained to me his plan and asked my opnion. Some more questions such as what do you think you can help me; How you pursuade a client to trust you when they don't. It's almost about behavioral and your personality has to be a fit.

Interview Questions

• How you persuade your client to trust you when they don't?

Why you are the right one I should employ?

Answer Question

Because I need a working visa sponsorship which they cannot provide me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Equitable (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Originally got in contact with AXA through LSU's career services. After applying for the position, I heard back from them a week later. The interview process is broken into 3 steps. The first is pretty standard and they ask you a lot of questions about yourself and why are you applying. The second is a behavioral interview and they want to see how well you could fit in with the industry. The third is where they go over compensation and offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is about what has been your biggest obstacle and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard 1 to 1 interview. Had me fill out a background check form and wanted to schedule another interview. They said the second interview would be partially a seminar and part interview with the team management. They had made the position seem like it was more analysis, but I left with the feeling that it would be purely insurance sales. Plus it's all commission based for the first few months. Definitely and industry where you can make some money, but its not easy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a base to begin making sales to?   1 Answer

Didn't leave with a great feeling of the company... insurance sales is definitely not for everybody

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Equitable (High Point, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the regional reps. I met him at his office in High Point, the position they were offering was basically a no risk position to them, you start out on your own and make contacts and try to sell people insurance or investment products. I am sure I was picked out because I had my Series 7 License.

Interview Questions

• I believe I was asked why I would want to work there   1 Answer

They offered you one year of salary help then you are on your own and only make what you can off of commissions. I had previously worked in a banking investment position and you had more support, as in people with CDs at the bank getting referred to you to invest in something that could possibly yield more return, here you are all on your own and only get the contacts you generate yourself - I wasn't interested in building a business on my own by cold calling people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The first interview was face to face with the group manager and was somewhat informal. The second interview was a phone interview that consisted of specific questions target the job role. The third and last interview was conducted with the group manager as well as the Vice President of the division. There was little interaction concerning the job. Most of the conversation involved talking about the potential earnings and benefits that could be earned by working there. The process was more of a "sell" than a formal Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this company more than any other financial/insurance product based company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job is commission based and there are a lot of start up costs involved. Be sure to have a vast network of potential clients as well as some capital to invest. The job is purely "entrepreneurial" and requires strong determination and work ethic.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Equitable.

Interview

Went to around five or six interviews with the office I worked at. It was a lot of time wasted. You would set aside a few hours and be asked questions to see if the career is right for you. That is part of the joke there since as long as you have a pulse they will most likely hire you. A lot of the meetings revolved around what they expect from you in passing your exams to become licensed. They set you up with the study material from STC and send you on your way (after you have cut them the checks required to play the game).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations at first since you have to become a contracted employee to be eligible for your salary. The promises of six figure salaries are tossed around way to much. Not one person under 15 years of service was making that kind of money in the office I worked at. I also learned the big earners actually bought their books of business from retired workers.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Equitable in February 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview where the guy basically just told me how awesome he thought I was. At first I was excited so I went in for an in person interview. At this point he just talked about his firm and didn't really ask me any questions, just pitched the job opportunity to me. He asked me to come back for a third interview which would have been a small group interview but I declined because AXA is a scam.

Interview Questions

After checking the internet, over time they make you buy a computer from them and rent your cubicle space.