AXA Equitable

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Equitable.

Interview Details – Its a three interview process. I got recruited by someone working for the company. The first interview is like any other interview, they basically just want to get to know you. The second interview is about your presentation skills. They basically ask you to present one of their packages to them and see how well you do in terms of persuasiveness and presence. The third interview is to form a business plan about what you will be willing to do in order to succeed in AXA for the next 5 years.

Interview Question – What makes you the perfect AXA candidate?   Answer Question

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Equitable in January 2013.

Interview Details – Originally got in contact with AXA through LSU's career services. After applying for the position, I heard back from them a week later. The interview process is broken into 3 steps. The first is pretty standard and they ask you a lot of questions about yourself and why are you applying. The second is a behavioral interview and they want to see how well you could fit in with the industry. The third is where they go over compensation and offer you the job.

Interview Question – Most difficult question is about what has been your biggest obstacle and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Akron, OH

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Equitable.

Interview Details – applied through my schools recruiting program. got called for an interview a week later. Then went on to a second interview with a senior advisor.

Interview Question – How do you feel about asking random girl for their phone number   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AXA Equitable in February 2013.

Interview Details – The Interviewer was nice and intented to exlpore the Chinease Market in three Chinese areas in the New York City. He explained to me his plan and asked my opnion. Some more questions such as what do you think you can help me; How you pursuade a client to trust you when they don't. It's almost about behavioral and your personality has to be a fit.

Interview Question – How you persuade your client to trust you when they don't?

Why you are the right one I should employ?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I need a working visa sponsorship which they cannot provide me.

High Point, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Equitable in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with one of the regional reps. I met him at his office in High Point, the position they were offering was basically a no risk position to them, you start out on your own and make contacts and try to sell people insurance or investment products. I am sure I was picked out because I had my Series 7 License.

Interview Question – I believe I was asked why I would want to work there   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They offered you one year of salary help then you are on your own and only make what you can off of commissions. I had previously worked in a banking investment position and you had more support, as in people with CDs at the bank getting referred to you to invest in something that could possibly yield more return, here you are all on your own and only get the contacts you generate yourself - I wasn't interested in building a business on my own by cold calling people.

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at AXA Equitable in October 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard 1 to 1 interview. Had me fill out a background check form and wanted to schedule another interview. They said the second interview would be partially a seminar and part interview with the team management. They had made the position seem like it was more analysis, but I left with the feeling that it would be purely insurance sales. Plus it's all commission based for the first few months. Definitely and industry where you can make some money, but its not easy.

Interview Question – Do you have a base to begin making sales to?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't leave with a great feeling of the company... insurance sales is definitely not for everybody

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Equitable in May 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was face to face with the group manager and was somewhat informal. The second interview was a phone interview that consisted of specific questions target the job role. The third and last interview was conducted with the group manager as well as the Vice President of the division. There was little interaction concerning the job. Most of the conversation involved talking about the potential earnings and benefits that could be earned by working there. The process was more of a "sell" than a formal Q&A.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for this company more than any other financial/insurance product based company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job is commission based and there are a lot of start up costs involved. Be sure to have a vast network of potential clients as well as some capital to invest. The job is purely "entrepreneurial" and requires strong determination and work ethic.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AXA Equitable.

Interview Details – Went to around five or six interviews with the office I worked at. It was a lot of time wasted. You would set aside a few hours and be asked questions to see if the career is right for you. That is part of the joke there since as long as you have a pulse they will most likely hire you. A lot of the meetings revolved around what they expect from you in passing your exams to become licensed. They set you up with the study material from STC and send you on your way (after you have cut them the checks required to play the game).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations at first since you have to become a contracted employee to be eligible for your salary. The promises of six figure salaries are tossed around way to much. Not one person under 15 years of service was making that kind of money in the office I worked at. I also learned the big earners actually bought their books of business from retired workers.

Financial Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Equitable in May 2009.

Interview Details – one on one interview followed by 2 more interviews. final interview with vice president.

Interview Question – can you make it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Equitable in February 2011.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview where the guy basically just told me how awesome he thought I was. At first I was excited so I went in for an in person interview. At this point he just talked about his firm and didn't really ask me any questions, just pitched the job opportunity to me. He asked me to come back for a third interview which would have been a small group interview but I declined because AXA is a scam.

Interview Question – Have you interviewed in this industry before?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After checking the internet, over time they make you buy a computer from them and rent your cubicle space.

Worked for AXA Equitable? Contribute to the Community!