AXA Equitable Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. I went in for three separate interviews. First one was just background info on the company and if it was the right fit for me. The second interview was about compensation plan and they have you fill out a business model. Last interview we continued our talk on compensation and the timeline of employment. They offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AXA Equitable.

Interview

The HR was unprofessional - the HR professional randomly called for the first phone interview without really setting up the phone interview. The onsite interview was easy but, it has been 4 weeks and I have not heard back yet even after following up with the interviewing team, so I guess I did not make it. I would have expected some more professionalism from a company like Axa interviewing candidates for a mid management position.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone interview after completion of the Bloomberg Aptitude Test. Two weeks later I had my follow up interview where I was interviewed by three different people individually. Prior to meeting with the interviewers I was given a short examination that took no longer than fifteen minutes. Within a few days I received a phone call from HR with an offer.

Lead Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Equitable in September 2014.

Interview

The whole process took just under 3 months. There was an online application followed by a phone interview. After the phone screening came a 2 person sit down interview. General questions asked, the staff was very friendly and outgoing. This was hands down one of the best interview environments I have been in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was much higher than what I expected

Branch Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Casual interview process with Branch Manager. They are good recruiters. Not much interaction with home office HR folks till later in process. They want to get past income information to base offer.

Interview Questions

• What P&L management experience do you have? Describe management experiences from your past where you drove profitability?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Equitable in May 2014.

Interview

Simple process. Will get a call from HR and then interview with team manager and HR business partner. Basic behavioral interview questions as well as some simple questions regarding your understanding of insurance products (not in detail).

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall, the hiring process took two months but only two in-person interviews. I was referred into the firm so that could have expedited things. This was also back in 2009 so a lot has changed since then including the corporate culture, people and working environment. In fact, the 1290 location is now just two floors but has is completely renovated and modernized.

Interview Questions

• Unusual question I received was whether I knew anything about the industry I was about to enter. Funny thing was, I didn't know a lot about it and I was very honest about that. I explained that I am a quick learner and my experience spoke to that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was so happy with the offer that I foolishly didn't try to negotiate. I would say that it's always wise to ask for a few days and then ask for a little more whether it be salary, bonus potential or workplace flexibility.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Its a three interview process. I got recruited by someone working for the company. The first interview is like any other interview, they basically just want to get to know you. The second interview is about your presentation skills. They basically ask you to present one of their packages to them and see how well you do in terms of persuasiveness and presence. The third interview is to form a business plan about what you will be willing to do in order to succeed in AXA for the next 5 years.

Internal Wholesaler/Regional Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. They asked me why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in working in sales, describe your biggest weakness and describe a situation when you were a leader.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation especially since you cannot start selling until you have the necessary financial licenses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Woodbridge, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It was made clear that this business isn't for everyone. You have to be a self starter and someone who can think outside the box to find clients - unless you have a large natural market- or you won't make it. My interviewer was pretty upfront about that and the fact that you would be sponsored for your licenses, but you have to have some savings to get started as you will pay out of pocket and be reimbursed if you make it through the required certifications. The potential to make a great living is there, but you will have to make it through a sink or swim process that could last 3-5 years, so make sure you are ready to dedicate yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum you will need to make in your first year to handle your overhead?   Answer Question