AXA Equitable Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.6

Lead Associate Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Equitable in September 2014.

The whole process took just under 3 months. There was an online application followed by a phone interview. After the phone screening came a 2 person sit down interview. General questions asked, the staff was very friendly and outgoing. This was hands down one of the best interview environments I have been in

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the offer was much higher than what I expected

Branch Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AXA Equitable.

Casual interview process with Branch Manager. They are good recruiters. Not much interaction with home office HR folks till later in process. They want to get past income information to base offer.

Interview Questions
    • What P&L management experience do you have? Describe management experiences from your past where you drove profitability?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA Equitable in May 2014.

Simple process. Will get a call from HR and then interview with team manager and HR business partner. Basic behavioral interview questions as well as some simple questions regarding your understanding of insurance products (not in detail).

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Equitable.

Overall, the hiring process took two months but only two in-person interviews. I was referred into the firm so that could have expedited things. This was also back in 2009 so a lot has changed since then including the corporate culture, people and working environment. In fact, the 1290 location is now just two floors but has is completely renovated and modernized.

Interview Questions
    • Unusual question I received was whether I knew anything about the industry I was about to enter. Funny thing was, I didn't know a lot about it and I was very honest about that. I explained that I am a quick learner and my experience spoke to that.   Answer Question
    I was so happy with the offer that I foolishly didn't try to negotiate. I would say that it's always wise to ask for a few days and then ask for a little more whether it be salary, bonus potential or workplace flexibility.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Equitable.

Its a three interview process. I got recruited by someone working for the company. The first interview is like any other interview, they basically just want to get to know you. The second interview is about your presentation skills. They basically ask you to present one of their packages to them and see how well you do in terms of persuasiveness and presence. The third interview is to form a business plan about what you will be willing to do in order to succeed in AXA for the next 5 years.

Internal Wholesaler/Regional Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AXA Equitable.

Pretty straight forward interview. They asked me why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in working in sales, describe your biggest weakness and describe a situation when you were a leader.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation especially since you cannot start selling until you have the necessary financial licenses.

Senior Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Equitable in March 2014.

Submitted resume and application on website. Within a week or so I have a interview via computer with audio and video recording. About a week after that I had a face to face interview and company tour with a manager. I am asked typical job interview questions such as how would I handle certain customer service scenarios and prior employment history. The manager tells me that she will continue to interview applicants and I will be notified if I get the job or not in a few weeks. A week or two later a job recruiter calls me with a job offer. I take drug test and finger print analysis the next day and start work the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but I was asked how to I feel about working a schedule that changed every two weeks and if I was available to work Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 7 PM.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation they offered me more than my previous employer with a start day the following week so I accepted.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Equitable in March 2014.

It was made clear that this business isn't for everyone. You have to be a self starter and someone who can think outside the box to find clients - unless you have a large natural market- or you won't make it. My interviewer was pretty upfront about that and the fact that you would be sponsored for your licenses, but you have to have some savings to get started as you will pay out of pocket and be reimbursed if you make it through the required certifications. The potential to make a great living is there, but you will have to make it through a sink or swim process that could last 3-5 years, so make sure you are ready to dedicate yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What is the minimum you will need to make in your first year to handle your overhead?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AXA Equitable in December 2013.

Great process found it on LinkedIn the recruiter actually responded to an Inmail to follow up my application. The recruiter works for AXA. I sent my resume to the line manager. It was a busy time of year the manager got back to me about with an email. I called him we set an appointment up for 3 days later, post interview I took a 10 minute personality test online. Casual but informative interview, they appreciated my skill set and level of experience. Looking for skills but also a cultural fit as well. They did not want to hire a difficult personality and I do not want to work with people like that myself. Two interviews in person, a call about one week later with an offer of interest, then dealing with the HR processes over email and the phone. I was on board about 5 weeks after the initial phone call to set up the first interview appointment.

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls. They asked if I could return later in the same week if necessary to meet one other person.   View Answer
    They had a set target salary for this position it was in market range with a bonus structure no room to negotiate but they do spot bonuses nice perk!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Equitable.

THE WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD. Was called in from California for a final interview after a series of phone interviews. Spoke with hiring manager for 30-40 minutes, at which point I was told I was a phenomenal candidate and they would surely be extending me an offer for that coming summer. I left HQ and within five minutes received a phone call asking me to return upstairs, which I did. Upon returning, I was greeted by the senior Advisor in HQ, who then extended me a verbal offer of employment for that coming summer, which I said I would gladly accept, and explained how excited he was to have me on board, that I would be hearing from HR soon, etc. Here is the good part: I NEVER HEARD BACK FROM AXA. I sent a series of emails to everyone I spoke to, left a voicemail on both the hiring manager and senior advisor's direct office lines (they gave me their business cards) and sent hand written notes to three different people. I never heard back from anyone. This was by far the most confusing and disappointing interview experience I have ever had. I now work at BlackRock, and would recommend anyone steer clear of AXA.