AXA Equitable

2.6

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AXA Equitable in September 2012.

It was smooth, not to extreme

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you didnt complete a task on time and why?   Answer Question

Product Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AXA Equitable.

Had one phone interview followed by an in person interview at their office. Met with five men who worked at the sales desk and was asked questions by each of them over a 30 minute period.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain how you would sell any item of your choice to a customer."   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AXA Equitable in June 2012.

The interview process was difficult and took multiple interviews just to get salary requirements. The company is a strong foundation for getting a career in the business field. I competed against five other individuals but was under qualified. The company looks stable and continues to grow.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Equitable in March 2012.

Inteview was cordial and interviewer looking for upbeat aggressive business entrapeneur

Pre-employment until a (reasonable ) level of sales is accomplished

Director, Marketing Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Equitable in September 2011.

I applied in April, and received a call from an HR rep in early July. The HR just screens for current salary and reasons why I was looking to leave. Then I had a call with a hiring manager. She was mostly concerned with my project management skills, and B-to-B nature of the work. Then after a couple of weeks I was invited to meet another Director (who would be a colleague) and the hiring manager. Both were very professional, competent, and I felt the connection with both, and was confident they will invite me for the final round. It did not happen, and I was waiting, and waiting. Following up, of course. HR was not very responsive. Then I saw that they re-posted the position on their website, so I assumed I did not get the job. Then after a month (we are into late August already) I got a call to schedule for the final round. I would meet the Direcor again for 45 min (I was lost why, she did not have any questions for me already) and the hiring manager for another 45 minutes. and then I would meet another VP and an SVP for 30 minutes each. So the schedule was for almost 3 hours... The whole department is sort of lost, the only peoson who is doing research is that director, and she has two VPs as managers... So I felt there are more managers than those who they manage. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • What would be 5 positive things that your manager will tell about you and 5 things for improvement?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Equitable in February 2011.

The first thing the interviewer asked me was "Do you know Access?" and then she just told me what the responsibilities of the job includes.

Summer Actuarial Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Equitable in January 2011.

After I sent my cover letter and resume by email, I was contacted within only a few days. They responded very quickly, considering I sent the email during the Christmas holidays, and as soon as the holidays were over, they immediately called me. Since I was leaving the country in only a week, I wasn't going to be able to interview them in person. I explained my situation, and they were very understanding, and scheduled an interview over Skype the following week. I interviewed with 5 different people in the company, some of them individually and some of them in pairs. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. When I first heard that I was going to be interviewing for 45 minutes with each person/group, I was scared that I wouldn't be able to say enough. However, everyone that interviewed me was extremely friendly, and the time went by much faster than I imagined. The interview was actually fun. It was my chance to get to know the company better and ask any questions I wanted. Two of the interviews were actually interviews (meaning the person/group asked me questions and then listen to my response), but they were so friendly and casual about it that it didn't make me nervous. Another one of the interviews was more of a "Let me tell you more about our company and let you ask questions about it" session than an interview. The interviewer actually talked much more than I did. And then another one of the interviews was extremely casual and there were no interview questions asked. It was just simply a friendly chat to help me relax. The offer also came very promptly. I received a phone call the morning after my interview. They were very accommodating, and allowed me to ask more questions about the internship. When I asked how long much time I had to respond to the offer, they asked me, "How much time would you like?" so I said I just wanted to think it over for a few days (just to do some last minute research on the company and see if other companies are going to offer me anything), the guy asks "Would 3 weeks be sufficient?" which was much more time than I expected. Overall, I really enjoyed the interviews and the company made such a good impression on me that I accepted the offer the next day. Everyone was extremely nice, and I really look forward to working with them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   View Answer
    • When you suddenly find out that a project you've been working on has gone in the wrong direction, what do you do? Tell us in general and then give us a specific example of when this has happened.   Answer Question
    The company has pre-determined formulas for calculating how much actuarial interns are paid. The hourly rate is twenty dollars plus an additional dollar for each exam you've passed so far. For example, if you've passed two exams so far, you get paid $22 per hour, and you work 40 hours a week for 10 weeks. Since this is already a set formula, I didn't try to negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Equitable in October 2010.

Pretty standard 1 to 1 interview. Had me fill out a background check form and wanted to schedule another interview. They said the second interview would be partially a seminar and part interview with the team management. They had made the position seem like it was more analysis, but I left with the feeling that it would be purely insurance sales. Plus it's all commission based for the first few months. Definitely and industry where you can make some money, but its not easy.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a base to begin making sales to?   View Answer

Didn't leave with a great feeling of the company... insurance sales is definitely not for everybody

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Equitable in September 2010.

Met a recruiter at a networking event, and after a few weeks of communication through email I was able to get an interview set up.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. The understood my level of understanding as a recent graduate.   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Milwaukee Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AXA Equitable in September 2010.

I had interviewed for THE SAME JOB three different times within 18 months. Once I applied from a job board. Once they cold called me via LinkedIn. This office is run so poorly that i did not even get an email saying they picked someone else. I called the Compliance interviewer and "we've just been too busy". They operate a 100% paper-based office, and the drudgery must be insane. One senior guy keeps that whole office somehow sticking together.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe what you do in a regular day at your current job"   View Answer