AXA

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stamford, CT

I applied online and interviewed at AXA.

Interview Details – There was three interviews. First interview was more personal so they could get to know you. The second dealt more with the company and how things work such as quotas. The third is an off interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself ten years?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA.

Interview Details – call me and ask a few questions

Interview Question – do you have work permit   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AXA in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed at their Dallas, Texas office. Before I went in for the interview I had decided that I was not all that interested in the position after reading other reviews online. Most of the post described the position as a way to gain insight into a clients financials in order to sell them AXA insurance. Then the interviewer did not seem one bit interested in talking to me at all. He looks as if sitting in the interview was the last thing he wanted to do. He also asked me many, personal "icebreaker" questions, twice, like he was not listening to me in the first place when he asked them. If you are looking to be an insurance salesperson, go for it, but not if you want to be a finical advisor/planner.

Interview Question – Non of the questions were that difficult. It was like he just wanted to ask the basic, "Why did you choose this industry/job" questions and get me out the door.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA.

Interview Details – - office interview, general questions.

Interview Question – questions were normal   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA in August 2013.

Interview Details – They try to weed you out as quickly as possible. They tell you it's commission base only and the days are long with you being on the phone cold-calling most of the time. If that stuff doesn't scare you then they will "invest" in you, promising sponsorship with obtaining your series 7 and 66. Read other reviews posted on this site about this company because current and past financial advisors will be able to say more from being there longer. Also, this job is ideal for people who has a lot of friends with money to invest. Recent college grads with loans to pay, stay clear. If you do the math, you'll make more money working minimum wage in your first 18 months than being a financial advisor.

Interview Question – Come up with a business plan and tell us who will you target and how in a saturated market, but they don't tell you the last part.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better opportunity was available

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA.

Interview Details – Face to face interview. More exploratory on both ends than anything else. I received information about the process and what to expect. Also, there was discussion about the needed certifications needed for the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for AXA? Why are you qualified?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviewed at AXA

Interview Details – 2 face to face interviews. Pretty easy.

Very Easy Interview

McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at AXA in June 2011.

Interview Details – this is a commission based job. You are asked to pay for training, which takes about 3 months.

Interview Question – how did you hear about us?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – i am not looking for a commission based job

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA in May 2010.

Interview Details – Everyone looked very presentable. They want to know what you learned about the company. They want to see why you think you want to be an advisor. They explain the salary commissions and benefits in detail.

Interview Question – name something important that recently happened to the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is not much to negotiate it is mainly commission based

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA

Worked for AXA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA employees and interview candidates.