AXA IM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA IM.

Interview Details – Applied online through a third-party website. Then phone interview with two of the managers in London. The questions were quite general, on my motivations, academic background etc. Also had to give my views on some recent corporate news. Finally had an interview with HR in Paris before being sent over to London. The whole process took about a week.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult question.   Answer Question

Financial Accountant Interview

Financial Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA IM in June 2011.

Interview Details – 1.1 interview with imediete manager and HR
2nd interview with head of accounting

Interview Question – How would you deal with difficult personalities   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was able to negotiate salary as i had another offer

Junior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Junior Quantitative Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA IM in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was offered an interview after I sent my CV to a contact who approached me saying they were looking for someone with a strong background in quantitative analysis and a general knowledge of finance to join their Risk and Quant team within the Funds of Hedge Funds division at AXA Investment Managers. I sent my CV in on a Friday morning and a few hours later I had organised an interview for the following Tuesday. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes with all three members of the Risk and Quant Team present, with the head of the team asking most of the questions. I had brought some slides of previous work I had done and they seemed keen to learn about what I was doing. The discussion was quite open ended, and I was asked what I knew about hedge funds, any strategies I had come across and this opened up some more finance-related questions which the manager fired at me randomly during the discussion, such as what is the theta of an option? I was also asked to write out the Excel Vlookup formula for a pre-defined set of data and explain the syntax ie: Vlookup(lookup_value, lookup_range, column_index, true/false) they also asked me what the formula would be in vba, and continued to ask me to reproduce one of the graphs i had showed them earlier on the spot. By downloading data from bloomberg and plotting a surface graph of the forward curves of futures contracts for crude oil through time - I had done this the morning of the interview, so managed to re-do it for my interviewer (/current manager) to check.

Interview Question – What is the theta of an option?   View Answer

Finance Interview

Finance

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA IM in July 2009.

Interview Details – Technical and Competency

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AXA IM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA IM interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA IM employees and interview candidates.