AXA IM

Updated Aug 17, 2014

3.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA IM.

Applied online through a third-party website. Then phone interview with two of the managers in London. The questions were quite general, on my motivations, academic background etc. Also had to give my views on some recent corporate news. Finally had an interview with HR in Paris before being sent over to London. The whole process took about a week.

Financial Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA IM in June 2011.

1.1 interview with imediete manager and HR
    2nd interview with head of accounting

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with difficult personalities   View Answer
    was able to negotiate salary as i had another offer

Junior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA IM in October 2010.

I was offered an interview after I sent my CV to a contact who approached me saying they were looking for someone with a strong background in quantitative analysis and a general knowledge of finance to join their Risk and Quant team within the Funds of Hedge Funds division at AXA Investment Managers. I sent my CV in on a Friday morning and a few hours later I had organised an interview for the following Tuesday. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes with all three members of the Risk and Quant Team present, with the head of the team asking most of the questions. I had brought some slides of previous work I had done and they seemed keen to learn about what I was doing. The discussion was quite open ended, and I was asked what I knew about hedge funds, any strategies I had come across and this opened up some more finance-related questions which the manager fired at me randomly during the discussion, such as what is the theta of an option? I was also asked to write out the Excel Vlookup formula for a pre-defined set of data and explain the syntax ie: Vlookup(lookup_value, lookup_range, column_index, true/false) they also asked me what the formula would be in vba, and continued to ask me to reproduce one of the graphs i had showed them earlier on the spot. By downloading data from bloomberg and plotting a surface graph of the forward curves of futures contracts for crude oil through time - I had done this the morning of the interview, so managed to re-do it for my interviewer (/current manager) to check.

Contrôleur Financier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Garenne-Colombes (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Garenne-Colombes (France)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AXA IM in July 2010.

Le CV est examiné par le personnel opérationnel qui contacte les candidats directement par téléphone afin de programmer un premier entretien. Si le personnel opérationnel est convaincu, un deuxième entretien avec le DRH est ensuite organisé. Le DRH a le dernier mot en donnant son avis à l'équipe. Des gens vraiment ouverts d'esprit.

Interview Questions
    • Des questions directes concernant votre perception de l'entreprise AXA IM.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AXA IM in July 2009.

Technical and Competency