AXIS Capital Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.7

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was very smooth. HR did a great job with coordinating the interview. There was a phone screen, then I was invited to partake in three one-on-one interviews with their actuaries (who were really great people). A lot of behavioral questions for the most part, but there were a few tricky brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• What is the Law of Large Numbers?   1 Answer

Human Resources Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings.

Interview

Initially had screening call which was brief with no difficult questions. Second, face interview with dept head who did not know how to interview and didn't ask me any skill or experience questions just wanted to get to know me as a person. Third round of interviews was with the team (4 people). Again, it felt like it was an interview for a sorority - as I was told in preparation we want to see if you can get along with them. The office space was nice - well maintained and newer furnishings, the people I met all appeared friendly on the surface but there was an undercurrent of feelings that I couldn't identify. Filled out employment application, they did background check (no credit check) and no other tests. Easy process, but the decision took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set my rate and they accepted. Normally I was told they do not negotiate. Take their offer or leave it! (Which is very inflexible and full of themselves.)

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone call followed by Face to face interview with 4 business heads and HR

Interview Questions

• You have no experience with this class of business, why do you think you can do this job   Answer Question

Web Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings in August 2011.

Interview

First stage, phone interview. Then a simple one on one interview with hiring manager as well as light technical vetting with other developers. Bring portfolio and be prepared to discuss.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was contract to permanent hire.

Senior Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

Interview process was standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was normal.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings in March 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process went very well especially speaking to 3 individuals including a former boss of a former supervisor at one of my past workplaces. I assumed that I was in the running for the position but the end result was not in my favor as the company left me to hang & dry without a phone call, letter or simple e-mail stating that I was not selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you remember a time when you were given a project to complete by a deadline? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

.NET Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings in January 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for .net position in Axis. it was a telephonic interview.4 managers came on to the bridge and asked questions on WCF, VB.Net, ASP.Net and SQL. it was one hr interview and the next day they came back asking me to report in their office the starting of the next week.

Interview Questions

• when would you use generics and what are its advantages compared to ArrayList   1 Answer
    • why is stringdictionary faster than hashtable   1 Answer