AXIS Capital Holdings

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.6

Human Resources Contractor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings.

Initially had screening call which was brief with no difficult questions. Second, face interview with dept head who did not know how to interview and didn't ask me any skill or experience questions just wanted to get to know me as a person. Third round of interviews was with the team (4 people). Again, it felt like it was an interview for a sorority - as I was told in preparation we want to see if you can get along with them. The office space was nice - well maintained and newer furnishings, the people I met all appeared friendly on the surface but there was an undercurrent of feelings that I couldn't identify. Filled out employment application, they did background check (no credit check) and no other tests. Easy process, but the decision took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Set my rate and they accepted. Normally I was told they do not negotiate. Take their offer or leave it! (Which is very inflexible and full of themselves.)

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings in January 2013.

Phone call followed by Face to face interview with 4 business heads and HR

Interview Questions
    • You have no experience with this class of business, why do you think you can do this job   Answer Question

Senior Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings.

Interview process was standard.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase was normal.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings in March 2011.

The entire interview process went very well especially speaking to 3 individuals including a former boss of a former supervisor at one of my past workplaces. I assumed that I was in the running for the position but the end result was not in my favor as the company left me to hang & dry without a phone call, letter or simple e-mail stating that I was not selected for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you remember a time when you were given a project to complete by a deadline? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

.NET Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXIS Capital Holdings in January 2010.

Was contacted by a recruiter for .net position in Axis. it was a telephonic interview.4 managers came on to the bridge and asked questions on WCF, VB.Net, ASP.Net and SQL. it was one hr interview and the next day they came back asking me to report in their office the starting of the next week.

Interview Questions
    • when would you use generics and what are its advantages compared to ArrayList   View Answer
    • why is stringdictionary faster than hashtable   View Answer