Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woodinville, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing in June 2014.

Interview Details – The initial interview was very quick and pleasant, and the hardest part about the whole process was the follow up personality test. Be prepared to tell about any past artistic experience you've had, especially related to photo framing and working with glass.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Interview

Lead Sales
Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing in October 2012.

Interview Details – The store manager at the time, did not have the position that was offered on the internet, which made me take a lower position at a lower pay.

Interview Question – Their weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

La Canada Flintridge, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing in March 2013.

Interview Details – I wasn't even interviewed professionally. I walked in and asked for a job and got it.

Interview Question – When can you start? I needed time to sort out my school and internship schedule.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They had the lowest pay because it's retail.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing.

Interview Details – was the easiest job interview ever. this company is so desperate to hire anybody that is willing to work for such a low rate. i had no experience, yet they don't care. they just need somebody that is not too stupid. the interview was a joke, they wanted to see how little i would work for. they did not care about what i knew or how i managed

Interview Question – are you willing to start at $10 an hour?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they offered me such a low pay rate that I just laughed. they are so desperate for anybody with a brain that all you have to do is negotiate and they will give you what you want. I was hired at $12.50 an hour as a manager (I was desperate for work, but i did not tell them that) and then I find out that the assistant was making $15 an hour. this company is a joke

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing.

Interview Details – You just need to show up on time and tell the DM interviewing you what they want to hear and smile a lot. Tell them your number and always aim higher than they can afford then you get what you wanted.

Interview Question – No difficulty in this regard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. The DM already has a number they can pay on the spot. So go high I say.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

Interview Details – Interviewed by three other store managers, the district manager and A HR associate. The process took over one month and I was already an assistant manager for the company. The process was long and tedious. The other managers interviewing asked contradictory questions. Some of the interviews were held face to face while others were conducted over the phone.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Aaron Brothers? This was shocking because if the HR recruiter had bothered to read that I was internal candidate she would have known that I was already an employee. She was so embarrassed that she did not know how to end the interview once I had corrected her.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. The pay rate was non-negotiable.

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing in January 2013.

Interview Details – Hired as parttime seasonal and promoted from within. I was not interviewed when I was promoted to GM. If you want to be hired by this company, customer service is the most important thing they look for.

Negotiation Details – I was offered this position 2 previous times. The third time there was no negotiation - they already knew what I wanted and gave it to me.

Lead Sales Interview

Lead Sales
West Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing in August 2012.

Interview Details – I came in to a chaotic store. I had no experience with retail. I got the job and was hired on the spot after the ASM said I was "a cutie". He then pat me on the back and said you start at 9 and you'll move to 10.25. He was very obviously not very smart. He asked me several times while looking at my resume "So... is this the resume?".

Interview Question – Why are you trying to take the aptitude test? We dont do that, I'll do it for you.   Answer Question

Chino, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interviewer/manager wasn't nice about it. Didn't seem fair, and was uninterested from the start of the interview. Seemed to be going through the motions. It wasn't my first interview, but it was my first job. Because of that, he didn't believe me when I said I would be willing to learn and adapt to what to do during the slow times. He didn't even bother to tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – If there are no customers in the store, what would you do?   View Answer

Hawthorne, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR in Texas then an in person interview with District Manager. Made an offer two days after in person interview.

Interview Question – Honestly, none. It was most of the standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE, they do not negotiate salary but in the economy they can get away with it for the time being;)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

Worked for Aaron Brothers Art and Framing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aaron Brothers Art and Framing employees and interview candidates.