Aaron's

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Paris, TX

I interviewed at Aaron's in July 2010.

Interview Details – was very easy to be hired originally. the basic questions.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aaron's in October 2011.

Interview Details – Once you fill out the online questionnaire and you meet the basic qualifications you instantly move onto step two - basic Integrity and honesty questions. Once you finish that & pass with all "green" you are called in for a basic extremely EASY interview (fog a mirror), then once you pass the drug screening - you got the job.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question. Don't worry about not being called in for an interview because people are treated so bad that the turnover rate is high. If you didn't get in this week they'll call you next week because someone finally got fed up and quit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't you took the job or not.

General Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – Very thorough with the interviews. I've conducted many where we not only ask the preliminary questions but also we also explain many benefits such as: bonus incentives, benefits, vacation time, opportunities and growth potential withing the company.

Interview Question – The most difficult question are always the ones that aren't asked however that depends solely on the person conducting the interview.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aaron's in March 2010.

Interview Details – Smile and pass background check and you will be hired. Come across as a ruthless human and very competitive. They will hire anyone as an MT and promote on performance, unless they need someone quick to replace a manager.

Interview Question – Will you work 80+ hours a week? That answer is no. They want you too but want you to say you don't have too to succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing at all. Here is your pay take it or leave it.

General Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – Met with President of company, was really recruited by him.

Interview Question – Why do you think Rent A Center likes weekly payments?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told him what I needed to start, he accepted.

General Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – Two or three interviews with several regional staff members who ask various questions about you and your values. First interview was Regional recruiter and he basically outlined the day to day expectations of the job anfine toothed my resume'. Second was with Regional ops manager and he asked more personality based questions and focused on integrity based line of thought...ie do you think taking a pencil from work is stealing?

Interview Question – What is you favorite pet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position was based on stores overall revenue but with my length ofr employment in the field with another company I was able to get a better than offered wage. Benifits were fix and I could not get a better package and there were no perks like stoclks or parking added to the compensation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aaron's

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!

Aaron's Videos

Aaron's – Why Work for Us?

Aaron's is the leader in sales to lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers and much more. We strive to make a difference in the communities we serve and in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aaron's General Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aaron's employees and interview candidates.