Aaron's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.0

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Applied on their website, the entire process took about a month. Interviewed within a week of applying, offered job within a few days of that. the longest part was getting background check, physical back.

Interview Questions
    • It was an average interview, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation, they offered you base pay that is same for everyone in that position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aaron's.

Was referred to an interview at a jobs fair. The process took 4 days. Was interview by Tino at the store in White Plains. Met with the Sales manager also, who was just there as a observer.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer was unfriendly and underestimated my abilities.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aaron's.

I applied on their website. The next day, I was called by three different stores in regards to the position. I scheduled a 1:00 PM interview for the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early, I wasn't seen until 2:15 PM. When I was called in, the interviewer apologized for the delay, and explained that their system was down. I mentioned that they should have informed me of that during my wait. A random woman came in and just looked at me. The interviewer didnt introduce her, just began the interview. At the end, she told me about the starting salary. We ended the interview. Two days later, I received a call from the interviewer (from his personal phone), who informed me that I would be receiving an offer on Monday. He informed me again, of the starting salary and said that he fought for me to get this salary. He then asked me on a date. Appalled, I declined on the spot.

Interview Questions

The unprofessionalism of the district manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aaron's.

Had to drive and hour and half for interview, overall it went well. meet store employees and did a walk through of the store and gave info on my background in sales.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's in August 2014.

I applied for a manager trainee position and was called about three days later for an interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was great but the store she had in mind was too far for an effective commute. She forwarded my information to a different recruiter for consideration. Another store in my local area was chosen and I proceeded to an interview with the GM (my second interview). He was easy-going but did not want to interview me and pushed me towards the RM (my third interview). The RM was to the point and honest about Aaron's and what I would be doing. He forwarded my information to another store just outside my local area (my fourth interview - with a second store GM). This is where it got weird as this individual did not want me and used tactics such as "you are ridiculously overqualified" and "are you sure you would be happy here?" multiple times during the interview. After about 20 minutes of hearing how I would not be a great fit and making sure I understood that the manager trainee position is really just collections from deadbeats I finally had enough. I politely said "thank you but no" and wished him luck with the next lesser qualified but willing candidate. He immediately asked me, "Did I scare you off?". No, Sir, but you did make me feel exceptionally unwelcome and that was a first for me. What a waste of an opportunity.

Let me be very clear here - everyone but the actual store GM's (the people you would be working directly for) were exceptional in their communication and resolute in their actions to place you in a store and start a career with Aaron's. The store GM's are where your career search takes a decidedly sharp turn from normal to unfriendly.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Aaron's?" "You know this is just collections, right?" "I would not even know what to pay you - did you discuss salary with the RM?"   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aaron's.

Was contacted about three weeks after applying and was asked to come in immediately that day. Manager gave me some information over the phone that included the number of hours I would be working per week and a brief overview of what I would be doing in the position. Came in for the interview several hours later and was asked to detail my history. Was asked a question or two then introduced to another manager. My interviewer said that he thought I was a great fit for the position, which struck me as odd given that I had only been speaking to him for around five minutes. The other manager asked me a three or four questions and seemed satisfied. I was then given more information on the day to day activities of the position which primarily focused on collections via cold calling people who owed the company money as well as door to door collections. Each day would have been around 10-11 hours of this, including work on Saturdays every week. The manager then said that he thought if I stuck with the job long enough I could take over the store. Again, this seemed odd. He thanked me for coming in and told me to keep my phone on that night in case he called me back.

Interview Questions

I was not interested in working from 9a-9pm four days a week AND work on Saturdays in collections in an area that is known for methamphetamine use.

Financial Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. It took about a week to get an in-person interview. Interviewed with three people about 30 minutes each on the same day. I was told by the recruiter that the interviews went well; however, a week later I was told that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult and the people were easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Customer Account Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aaron's.

Had actually forgotten I applied because sometime had passed before I got a call to come in to interview. The interview was with the District Manager and was hired on the spot after reviewing my resume and answering a few questions.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a hire wage based on education and experience

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aaron's.

If your application successfully passes a Taleo screening and you are called for an interview, you will meet with the Store General Manager (typically the store you will be working) and the regional manager. The company requires two separate interviews.

If you are interviewing for a position with this company you are not in a good position; not skill intensive, or required to have college education.

Interview Questions
    • Do you enjoy working long hours for little pay harassing customers for payments and dealing with ungrateful management?   View Answer
    zero negation, 12$ an hour is the highest offer that can be made regardless of what has been said. Pay increases are subject to aggregate store performance and management which is rarely successfully passed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Very brief questions. They are judging you on how you treat people and can close a sale.

Awkward

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!