Aaron's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.0

IT Customer Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about a week later. The process starts with a phone interview with HR manager. After the phone interview there is a face to face interview with the department manager and a department supervisor. After about a couple of days I received a call from another associate in HR an was offered the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a tough situation in you last job and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple, how many people have you managed, it sounds professional but its not at all and don't be fooled by the suck ups, Aarons suck and they take advantage of the less fortunate

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

First I was interviewed briefly by the general manager. He asked basic questions about my resume and work history. I was called for a second interview for the following day where i interviewed with the regional manager who made the final decision. The regional went more in depth in the review of my work history.

Interview Questions

• How could you benefit the company?
      How do your skills and work experience match the job applied for?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aaron's (Norristown, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a Regional District Manager for a new store. Interview to take place with RDM, individual Franchise Owner and General Manager. Was cross interviewed by each attendee simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how aggressive are you?   Answer Question
    • In your current position, how do track your goals?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work up to 12 hours a day, for up to 6 days a week with Sundays off?   Answer Question

The RTO- Rent to Own concept was confusing, as long as a customer can meet the minimum standards the store is willing to accept any form of payment regardless of how low it is. Not to mention the GM supervised every RTO transaction. Also, this is not a Management role, this is s glorified Sales person that works 50-70 hours per week earning $10. per hour, with a low commission rate that is bonus based on gross sales goals.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

4 interviews, phone, In person twice - basic questions, working interview, offered position. Very easy. The most basic questions, she went by a script "tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer" "tell me about a time" open ended situation questions mostly and then the basic "where do you see yourself in 5 years" ones as well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Say yes to every question or whatever the most reasonable answer is to the question you are asked that a hiring manager would want to hear... can work weekends, have a drivers license, currently employed, willing to accent minimum wage ( depending on where you are), and BE ENTHUSIASTIC!

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends? Do you have a drivers License? Can you work all day/every day? *(paraphrase)* There are more question but those are the most important for Manager Trainee (Collections) and Product Technician ( Delivery Driver).   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

pretty thin and basic questions. No personality test, no IQ test. They do a poor job of recruiting which is hard to believe since they offer primarily FT jobs which are hard to find in retail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much room to negotiate. they pay bare minimum.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's (New York, NY).

Interview

You will fill out the online assessment once you pass you will be invited for an interview during the interview they will let tell you 90 percent of the job involves knovk I ng on doors. They just want to know if you are able to make calls and are comfortable interacting with customers.

Interview Questions

• If you have been trying to reach a customer for 3 months at her home what would you do different to track her down.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for at least 14 dollars a hour.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aaron's (Tulsa, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

Sent my resume via Careerbuilder.com for the Sales Manager position. After I returned home I went to glassdoor.com and read the other reviews here about the interview process. Spot On!

I have 5+ years of sales management. 2+ years of Multi-location management. And 20 years of sales experience. A shoe in for Sales Manager, or should be. My main questions he skirted around were: What is the position your are actually trying to fill with me? Does it have a title? Please describe it in detail. His response: "We are looking for the back office spot. You will spend 75% of your time calling customers, visiting customers in their homes. Calling on new business. That kind of thing." From that I knew the Sales Manager job I applied to is bogus and leading.

They want you to be a collection agent for a year before moving up a notch.

Interview Questions

• There were no challenging questions. Describe yourself and Why should I choose you, were the only two questions he asked me in a 45 minute interview.

Why should we choose you? "Because you won't regret it. I have a cornucopia of experience in all aspects of the sales process. From open to close. Setting up loss leaders, to dumping stale stock. Minimizing losses and training top tier agents. I have a proven track record of my teams leading the pack. That's why you should choose me."

Answer Question

Read my post again. Then read any of the other posts here about Aaron's Sales. That is why you decline an offer from them. If they ask for Sales Managers, Hire Sales Managers. If you want collections agents, ask for collections agents.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

3 weeks after I applied, I was contacted by a guy to schedule an interview from a different store than I applied to. My thought was that this just happened to be the store where interviews took place - nope it was for that store (45 minutes farther away) . Interview was set for 3 days away, at 11:00am (store opened at 10am). I arrived at 10:50 to ensure I was on-time. The guy I was to meet was not in the store when I arrived, so I happily waited. By 11:05, I was growing curious as to where he was, 11:10am, no sign. 11:15am, no sign - but the employee there said "he should be right back - I told him you were here when you walked in", 11:20am he walked in and said he would need a few minutes to get situated. 11:35am, finally ready to start (I was pretty angry at the unprofessionalism by this point and no longer wanted to work there, but I stayed to see if he could change my mind). Questions were fairly basic and straightforward interview questions, "tell me why you want to work here, what are your strengths for this position, what type of experience do you have in this field, etc, etc."

Interview Questions

• There wasnt much unexpected in the form of questions, but more-so in the job details and responsibilities. The position of store manager, somehow quickly developed into an almost purely outside sales position. "I'm looking for someone who can canvas the neighborhood and generate rapport with the surrounding neighborhoods and leave door hangers, etc."   1 Answer