Aaron's

2.0

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Aaron's in December 2014.

Sent my resume via Careerbuilder.com for the Sales Manager position. After I returned home I went to glassdoor.com and read the other reviews here about the interview process. Spot On!

I have 5+ years of sales management. 2+ years of Multi-location management. And 20 years of sales experience. A shoe in for Sales Manager, or should be. My main questions he skirted around were: What is the position your are actually trying to fill with me? Does it have a title? Please describe it in detail. His response: "We are looking for the back office spot. You will spend 75% of your time calling customers, visiting customers in their homes. Calling on new business. That kind of thing." From that I knew the Sales Manager job I applied to is bogus and leading.

They want you to be a collection agent for a year before moving up a notch.

Interview Questions
    • There were no challenging questions. Describe yourself and Why should I choose you, were the only two questions he asked me in a 45 minute interview.

Why should we choose you? "Because you won't regret it. I have a cornucopia of experience in all aspects of the sales process. From open to close. Setting up loss leaders, to dumping stale stock. Minimizing losses and training top tier agents. I have a proven track record of my teams leading the pack. That's why you should choose me."

Answer Question

Read my post again. Then read any of the other posts here about Aaron's Sales. That is why you decline an offer from them. If they ask for Sales Managers, Hire Sales Managers. If you want collections agents, ask for collections agents.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's in December 2014.

3 weeks after I applied, I was contacted by a guy to schedule an interview from a different store than I applied to. My thought was that this just happened to be the store where interviews took place - nope it was for that store (45 minutes farther away) . Interview was set for 3 days away, at 11:00am (store opened at 10am). I arrived at 10:50 to ensure I was on-time. The guy I was to meet was not in the store when I arrived, so I happily waited. By 11:05, I was growing curious as to where he was, 11:10am, no sign. 11:15am, no sign - but the employee there said "he should be right back - I told him you were here when you walked in", 11:20am he walked in and said he would need a few minutes to get situated. 11:35am, finally ready to start (I was pretty angry at the unprofessionalism by this point and no longer wanted to work there, but I stayed to see if he could change my mind). Questions were fairly basic and straightforward interview questions, "tell me why you want to work here, what are your strengths for this position, what type of experience do you have in this field, etc, etc."

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt much unexpected in the form of questions, but more-so in the job details and responsibilities. The position of store manager, somehow quickly developed into an almost purely outside sales position. "I'm looking for someone who can canvas the neighborhood and generate rapport with the surrounding neighborhoods and leave door hangers, etc."   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

I was called by a recruiter, I did not even apply to the job. He won me over the phone so I went in for a interview. I was extremely mislead, like everyone I worked with. We talked for about a hour about his personal life.

Interview Questions
    • I do not believe he even asked me a difficult question.   Answer Question
    There was not one, they told me what I would make. There was no negotiating.

Division Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

one phone screen and two face to face interviews. The interview process was not complicated, just the basic interview questions. "tell me a time when you had to over come adversity to accomplish you goal"

Interview Questions
    • There honestly wasn't anything too difficult with the process. It was fairly straight forward and easy.   Answer Question
    5k bump is base, they would not budge in vacation pay.

Manager Trainee Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's.

Filled out application online. Received a call for an interview the next day. Had a face to face interview at the store with the hiring manager. Very simple questions about past work experience and future goals. Told me if I would be willing to work as a customer service rep instead of a manager trainee, they would like to offer me the position. Said I would receive a call and an email to set up my drug and back ground screening. Didnt get the call or email until monday after calling and bugging management about it. Took drug test yesterday (Tuesday), now just waiting on a fallow up call.

Interview Questions
    Offered to pay me a dollar more an hour for taking the lower paying position.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Applied on their website, the entire process took about a month. Interviewed within a week of applying, offered job within a few days of that. the longest part was getting background check, physical back.

Interview Questions
    • It was an average interview, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation, they offered you base pay that is same for everyone in that position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aaron's.

Was referred to an interview at a jobs fair. The process took 4 days. Was interview by Tino at the store in White Plains. Met with the Sales manager also, who was just there as a observer.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer was unfriendly and underestimated my abilities.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aaron's.

I applied on their website. The next day, I was called by three different stores in regards to the position. I scheduled a 1:00 PM interview for the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early, I wasn't seen until 2:15 PM. When I was called in, the interviewer apologized for the delay, and explained that their system was down. I mentioned that they should have informed me of that during my wait. A random woman came in and just looked at me. The interviewer didnt introduce her, just began the interview. At the end, she told me about the starting salary. We ended the interview. Two days later, I received a call from the interviewer (from his personal phone), who informed me that I would be receiving an offer on Monday. He informed me again, of the starting salary and said that he fought for me to get this salary. He then asked me on a date. Appalled, I declined on the spot.

Interview Questions

The unprofessionalism of the district manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aaron's.

Had to drive and hour and half for interview, overall it went well. meet store employees and did a walk through of the store and gave info on my background in sales.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's in August 2014.

I applied for a manager trainee position and was called about three days later for an interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was great but the store she had in mind was too far for an effective commute. She forwarded my information to a different recruiter for consideration. Another store in my local area was chosen and I proceeded to an interview with the GM (my second interview). He was easy-going but did not want to interview me and pushed me towards the RM (my third interview). The RM was to the point and honest about Aaron's and what I would be doing. He forwarded my information to another store just outside my local area (my fourth interview - with a second store GM). This is where it got weird as this individual did not want me and used tactics such as "you are ridiculously overqualified" and "are you sure you would be happy here?" multiple times during the interview. After about 20 minutes of hearing how I would not be a great fit and making sure I understood that the manager trainee position is really just collections from deadbeats I finally had enough. I politely said "thank you but no" and wished him luck with the next lesser qualified but willing candidate. He immediately asked me, "Did I scare you off?". No, Sir, but you did make me feel exceptionally unwelcome and that was a first for me. What a waste of an opportunity.

Let me be very clear here - everyone but the actual store GM's (the people you would be working directly for) were exceptional in their communication and resolute in their actions to place you in a store and start a career with Aaron's. The store GM's are where your career search takes a decidedly sharp turn from normal to unfriendly.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Aaron's?" "You know this is just collections, right?" "I would not even know what to pay you - did you discuss salary with the RM?"   View Answer