Aaron's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.0

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

4 interviews, phone, In person twice - basic questions, working interview, offered position. Very easy. The most basic questions, she went by a script "tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer" "tell me about a time" open ended situation questions mostly and then the basic "where do you see yourself in 5 years" ones as well.

Manager Trainee, Customer Service Representative, Etc Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aaron's.

Say yes to every question or whatever the most reasonable answer is to the question you are asked that a hiring manager would want to hear... can work weekends, have a drivers license, currently employed, willing to accent minimum wage ( depending on where you are), and BE ENTHUSIASTIC!

Interview Questions
    • Can you work weekends? Do you have a drivers License? Can you work all day/every day? *(paraphrase)* There are more question but those are the most important for Manager Trainee (Collections) and Product Technician ( Delivery Driver).   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aaron's.

pretty thin and basic questions. No personality test, no IQ test. They do a poor job of recruiting which is hard to believe since they offer primarily FT jobs which are hard to find in retail.

Interview Questions
    not much room to negotiate. they pay bare minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's.

You will fill out the online assessment once you pass you will be invited for an interview during the interview they will let tell you 90 percent of the job involves knovk I ng on doors. They just want to know if you are able to make calls and are comfortable interacting with customers.

Interview Questions
    • If you have been trying to reach a customer for 3 months at her home what would you do different to track her down.   View Answer
    Ask for at least 14 dollars a hour.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's in December 2014.

3 weeks after I applied, I was contacted by a guy to schedule an interview from a different store than I applied to. My thought was that this just happened to be the store where interviews took place - nope it was for that store (45 minutes farther away) . Interview was set for 3 days away, at 11:00am (store opened at 10am). I arrived at 10:50 to ensure I was on-time. The guy I was to meet was not in the store when I arrived, so I happily waited. By 11:05, I was growing curious as to where he was, 11:10am, no sign. 11:15am, no sign - but the employee there said "he should be right back - I told him you were here when you walked in", 11:20am he walked in and said he would need a few minutes to get situated. 11:35am, finally ready to start (I was pretty angry at the unprofessionalism by this point and no longer wanted to work there, but I stayed to see if he could change my mind). Questions were fairly basic and straightforward interview questions, "tell me why you want to work here, what are your strengths for this position, what type of experience do you have in this field, etc, etc."

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt much unexpected in the form of questions, but more-so in the job details and responsibilities. The position of store manager, somehow quickly developed into an almost purely outside sales position. "I'm looking for someone who can canvas the neighborhood and generate rapport with the surrounding neighborhoods and leave door hangers, etc."   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Aaron's in December 2014.

Sent my resume via Careerbuilder.com for the Sales Manager position. After I returned home I went to glassdoor.com and read the other reviews here about the interview process. Spot On!

I have 5+ years of sales management. 2+ years of Multi-location management. And 20 years of sales experience. A shoe in for Sales Manager, or should be. My main questions he skirted around were: What is the position your are actually trying to fill with me? Does it have a title? Please describe it in detail. His response: "We are looking for the back office spot. You will spend 75% of your time calling customers, visiting customers in their homes. Calling on new business. That kind of thing." From that I knew the Sales Manager job I applied to is bogus and leading.

They want you to be a collection agent for a year before moving up a notch.

Interview Questions
    • There were no challenging questions. Describe yourself and Why should I choose you, were the only two questions he asked me in a 45 minute interview.

Why should we choose you? "Because you won't regret it. I have a cornucopia of experience in all aspects of the sales process. From open to close. Setting up loss leaders, to dumping stale stock. Minimizing losses and training top tier agents. I have a proven track record of my teams leading the pack. That's why you should choose me."

Answer Question

Read my post again. Then read any of the other posts here about Aaron's Sales. That is why you decline an offer from them. If they ask for Sales Managers, Hire Sales Managers. If you want collections agents, ask for collections agents.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

I was called by a recruiter, I did not even apply to the job. He won me over the phone so I went in for a interview. I was extremely mislead, like everyone I worked with. We talked for about a hour about his personal life.

Interview Questions
    • I do not believe he even asked me a difficult question.   Answer Question
    There was not one, they told me what I would make. There was no negotiating.

Division Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

one phone screen and two face to face interviews. The interview process was not complicated, just the basic interview questions. "tell me a time when you had to over come adversity to accomplish you goal"

Interview Questions
    • There honestly wasn't anything too difficult with the process. It was fairly straight forward and easy.   Answer Question
    5k bump is base, they would not budge in vacation pay.

Manager Trainee Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's.

Filled out application online. Received a call for an interview the next day. Had a face to face interview at the store with the hiring manager. Very simple questions about past work experience and future goals. Told me if I would be willing to work as a customer service rep instead of a manager trainee, they would like to offer me the position. Said I would receive a call and an email to set up my drug and back ground screening. Didnt get the call or email until monday after calling and bugging management about it. Took drug test yesterday (Tuesday), now just waiting on a fallow up call.

Interview Questions
    Offered to pay me a dollar more an hour for taking the lower paying position.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Applied on their website, the entire process took about a month. Interviewed within a week of applying, offered job within a few days of that. the longest part was getting background check, physical back.

Interview Questions
    • It was an average interview, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation, they offered you base pay that is same for everyone in that position.