Aaron's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.0

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, I did not even apply to the job. He won me over the phone so I went in for a interview. I was extremely mislead, like everyone I worked with. We talked for about a hour about his personal life.

Interview Questions

• I do not believe he even asked me a difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not one, they told me what I would make. There was no negotiating.

Division Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

one phone screen and two face to face interviews. The interview process was not complicated, just the basic interview questions. "tell me a time when you had to over come adversity to accomplish you goal"

Interview Questions

• There honestly wasn't anything too difficult with the process. It was fairly straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

5k bump is base, they would not budge in vacation pay.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Filled out application online. Received a call for an interview the next day. Had a face to face interview at the store with the hiring manager. Very simple questions about past work experience and future goals. Told me if I would be willing to work as a customer service rep instead of a manager trainee, they would like to offer me the position. Said I would receive a call and an email to set up my drug and back ground screening. Didnt get the call or email until monday after calling and bugging management about it. Took drug test yesterday (Tuesday), now just waiting on a fallow up call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered to pay me a dollar more an hour for taking the lower paying position.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Applied on their website, the entire process took about a month. Interviewed within a week of applying, offered job within a few days of that. the longest part was getting background check, physical back.

Interview Questions

• It was an average interview, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, they offered you base pay that is same for everyone in that position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aaron's (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Was referred to an interview at a jobs fair. The process took 4 days. Was interview by Tino at the store in White Plains. Met with the Sales manager also, who was just there as a observer.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was unfriendly and underestimated my abilities.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aaron's (Greenbelt, MD).

Interview

I applied on their website. The next day, I was called by three different stores in regards to the position. I scheduled a 1:00 PM interview for the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early, I wasn't seen until 2:15 PM. When I was called in, the interviewer apologized for the delay, and explained that their system was down. I mentioned that they should have informed me of that during my wait. A random woman came in and just looked at me. The interviewer didnt introduce her, just began the interview. At the end, she told me about the starting salary. We ended the interview. Two days later, I received a call from the interviewer (from his personal phone), who informed me that I would be receiving an offer on Monday. He informed me again, of the starting salary and said that he fought for me to get this salary. He then asked me on a date. Appalled, I declined on the spot.

Interview Questions

The unprofessionalism of the district manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Had to drive and hour and half for interview, overall it went well. meet store employees and did a walk through of the store and gave info on my background in sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for a manager trainee position and was called about three days later for an interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was great but the store she had in mind was too far for an effective commute. She forwarded my information to a different recruiter for consideration. Another store in my local area was chosen and I proceeded to an interview with the GM (my second interview). He was easy-going but did not want to interview me and pushed me towards the RM (my third interview). The RM was to the point and honest about Aaron's and what I would be doing. He forwarded my information to another store just outside my local area (my fourth interview - with a second store GM). This is where it got weird as this individual did not want me and used tactics such as "you are ridiculously overqualified" and "are you sure you would be happy here?" multiple times during the interview. After about 20 minutes of hearing how I would not be a great fit and making sure I understood that the manager trainee position is really just collections from deadbeats I finally had enough. I politely said "thank you but no" and wished him luck with the next lesser qualified but willing candidate. He immediately asked me, "Did I scare you off?". No, Sir, but you did make me feel exceptionally unwelcome and that was a first for me. What a waste of an opportunity.

Let me be very clear here - everyone but the actual store GM's (the people you would be working directly for) were exceptional in their communication and resolute in their actions to place you in a store and start a career with Aaron's. The store GM's are where your career search takes a decidedly sharp turn from normal to unfriendly.

Interview Questions

• "Why Aaron's?" "You know this is just collections, right?" "I would not even know what to pay you - did you discuss salary with the RM?"   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Was contacted about three weeks after applying and was asked to come in immediately that day. Manager gave me some information over the phone that included the number of hours I would be working per week and a brief overview of what I would be doing in the position. Came in for the interview several hours later and was asked to detail my history. Was asked a question or two then introduced to another manager. My interviewer said that he thought I was a great fit for the position, which struck me as odd given that I had only been speaking to him for around five minutes. The other manager asked me a three or four questions and seemed satisfied. I was then given more information on the day to day activities of the position which primarily focused on collections via cold calling people who owed the company money as well as door to door collections. Each day would have been around 10-11 hours of this, including work on Saturdays every week. The manager then said that he thought if I stuck with the job long enough I could take over the store. Again, this seemed odd. He thanked me for coming in and told me to keep my phone on that night in case he called me back.

Interview Questions

I was not interested in working from 9a-9pm four days a week AND work on Saturdays in collections in an area that is known for methamphetamine use.

Financial Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. It took about a week to get an in-person interview. Interviewed with three people about 30 minutes each on the same day. I was told by the recruiter that the interviews went well; however, a week later I was told that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult and the people were easy to talk to.   Answer Question