Aaron's

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.0

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Basic Questions and previous experience

Still employed but seeking other employment currently.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's in September 2013.

This company is very disorganized!!! I went in for an interview for what I thought was a divisional manager in Philadelphia. I was sent to interview a second time for a trainee position only to find out they don't hire outside of the company in upper management and you have to start out as a trainee with a crappy 12.50 an hour salary. If you can't start in upward management, then take those positions off of your career site and stop misleading people. Second, the regional managers don't have pleasant attitudes. One used his hands to speak, another was very rude when I checked his ability and referred me to another regional manager across town. It shouldn't take 6 weeks to hire anyone. I'd rather pack bags in a grocery store than work here. Anyone in management in NYC: GET IT TOGETHER AND STOP DISRESPECTING interviews WHO ARE MORE TENURED THAN YOU ARE.

Interview Questions
    • None: the interview questionnaire must have been drawn up by a toddler. I didn't have to use my brain at all.   View Answer

Because management is a joke.

District Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aaron's in September 2013.

After two phone screenings I was asked to travel 100 miles for an interview. The interview started 20 minutes late and was being performed by a Human Resource representative. After a brief introduction and a comment about my experience I was told that without lease to own experience I could not do the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aaron's in August 2013.

Hiring and interview process was easy.. Went in for a face to face interview with the manager, she asked a couple of questions and said she would talk with the HR and get back in touch with me.. A few days later I received an email from the HR wanting to schedule a phone interview with me, I went back to the store the following day and done the phone interview with the HR. I was hired then and there.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't like the phone interview, she basically asked the same questions the manager asked the day before.   Answer Question
    No Negotation, they offer you either accept or deny.

Customer Accounts Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aaron's.

I was interviewed by two different people on the same day then called back for a third interview the next day. There were conflicting stories with each interviewer, meaning that one would say aarons did not return merchandise and the other said they did. I interviewed for the manager trainee position for a new store and upon job offer I was asked to accept the position for a different location and it wasn't until a week after I started that I learned my job title and position were not what I was hired for.

Interview Questions
    • I was put on the spot to sell something to the interviewer.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Met with President of company, was really recruited by him.

Interview Questions
    Told him what I needed to start, he accepted.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aaron's in July 2013.

filled application out and called in for interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. Simple questions about experience and personality.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's in July 2013.

Usually it is a two step process. You are suppose to interview with the general manager and the regional manager. I only interviewed with the general manager and he offered me a job on the spot. He said he made the offer on the spot because of my education and work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions tell me about your self, example of when you had to deal with a difficult customer, what are your goals, what does teamwork mean, can you lift 50 pounds.   Answer Question
    Told me he could start me at 8.75 I asked for 9.25 and he agreed

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheboro, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aaron's in July 2013.

It Was real easy to get a job there

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aaron's in June 2013.

Had an initial phone screen and an interview was set up for the following week. I interviewed with an HR Manager, then when we were finished I moved up a level to interview with the Director. I thought the interviews went very well. I was highly qualified and very prepared for the interview. I was told I would receive a call the following week no matter the outcome. I did not receive a call, so I emailed. I did not receive a reply to my email. Very unprofessional.