Aaron's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.0

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

very informal and laid back. multiple interviews followed by drug screening at an off site location

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

very good process and hire fast

Negotiation

it was very good seems like they really care

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

I applied for a position with the company and heard nothing for two months. Got a call out of the blue to see if I was still interested and that the position still had not been filled. Interviewer was extremely friendly and outgoing despite being almost 45 min late for our scheduled time. We spent the better part of the 1.5 hour interview discussing things that had absolutely nothing to do with the job itself. The details I did receive about the job turned out to be mostly inaccurate once I learned more about the company while on the job. I was told I would have a very flexible schedule, that the position was a salaried opportunity with bonuses that were hit on a regular basis, and that people frequently got promoted to run their own stores in very short amounts of time. All of these things turned out to be completely false.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very few questions about my qualifications or expectations other than the typical/standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the position on the spot and started 2 weeks later. There was no room to negotiate salary and the interviewing manager seemed to care very little about my other requests (i.e. time off, scheduling, etc) From what I understand, this would have been a deal breaker for some other managers/stores.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Very thorough with the interviews. I've conducted many where we not only ask the preliminary questions but also we also explain many benefits such as: bonus incentives, benefits, vacation time, opportunities and growth potential withing the company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question are always the ones that aren't asked however that depends solely on the person conducting the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aaron's (Pomona, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview is in 2 parts. The first part is someone will contact you over the phone and do an over the phone interview, asking you questions about you and your past job history and then set you up for an in person interview. At the in person interview you will get interviewed by the General Manager and District Manager of the store. They will have you run down your past job history starting from current and working back, pointing out anything you feel will be necessary and important to consider you for the position. After that they'll ask you scenario questions. It can be a pretty quick interview, or a long interview, depending how much or how little you decide to share

Interview Questions

• It was mostly just standard scenario questions like what would you do if you had an irate customer, tell me a time in your past employment you had to overcome an obstacle. The one unique question that I had never heard asked before in any interview I've been in is if you were in charge of the company of your last employment, what would you do differently   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aaron's (Longmont, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Paper application at the time. Filled it out and got an interview time. The interview revolved around clearly scripted questions about sales experience and customer interactions. I didn't have any, but I was offered the job anyways. It only took about 5-6 minutes, I accepted the offer and reported in to work in a week. When I reported, I was told that the position had been filled already, but that I could be a Delivery Driver instead at the same wage. Since I had already quit my other job, I accepted.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aaron's (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Hiring manager liked to talk about things other than the position i would be in, but he was very personable and likable. The position was very easy to get for me and didn't require much effort on my part.

Interview Questions

• I dont remember at this time   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. take what you get

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Very quick inteview but it covers all bases.

Interview Questions

• Other than sales what else is important to offer the customer other than customer service.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Had 2 separate interviews then was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiating

Interview

Accelerated interviews, usually two to three. Can you pass DOT physical. Over 21 years of age. Pass background check and drug screen. Questions of typical interviews. Extremely fair and concise.