Aaron's Manager Trainee Interview Questions

1.9

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenbelt, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aaron's.

I applied on their website. The next day, I was called by three different stores in regards to the position. I scheduled a 1:00 PM interview for the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early, I wasn't seen until 2:15 PM. When I was called in, the interviewer apologized for the delay, and explained that their system was down. I mentioned that they should have informed me of that during my wait. A random woman came in and just looked at me. The interviewer didnt introduce her, just began the interview. At the end, she told me about the starting salary. We ended the interview. Two days later, I received a call from the interviewer (from his personal phone), who informed me that I would be receiving an offer on Monday. He informed me again, of the starting salary and said that he fought for me to get this salary. He then asked me on a date. Appalled, I declined on the spot.

Interview Questions

The unprofessionalism of the district manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Aaron's

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aaron's.

Had to drive and hour and half for interview, overall it went well. meet store employees and did a walk through of the store and gave info on my background in sales.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's in August 2014.

I applied for a manager trainee position and was called about three days later for an interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was great but the store she had in mind was too far for an effective commute. She forwarded my information to a different recruiter for consideration. Another store in my local area was chosen and I proceeded to an interview with the GM (my second interview). He was easy-going but did not want to interview me and pushed me towards the RM (my third interview). The RM was to the point and honest about Aaron's and what I would be doing. He forwarded my information to another store just outside my local area (my fourth interview - with a second store GM). This is where it got weird as this individual did not want me and used tactics such as "you are ridiculously overqualified" and "are you sure you would be happy here?" multiple times during the interview. After about 20 minutes of hearing how I would not be a great fit and making sure I understood that the manager trainee position is really just collections from deadbeats I finally had enough. I politely said "thank you but no" and wished him luck with the next lesser qualified but willing candidate. He immediately asked me, "Did I scare you off?". No, Sir, but you did make me feel exceptionally unwelcome and that was a first for me. What a waste of an opportunity.

Let me be very clear here - everyone but the actual store GM's (the people you would be working directly for) were exceptional in their communication and resolute in their actions to place you in a store and start a career with Aaron's. The store GM's are where your career search takes a decidedly sharp turn from normal to unfriendly.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Aaron's?" "You know this is just collections, right?" "I would not even know what to pay you - did you discuss salary with the RM?"   View Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aaron's.

If your application successfully passes a Taleo screening and you are called for an interview, you will meet with the Store General Manager (typically the store you will be working) and the regional manager. The company requires two separate interviews.

If you are interviewing for a position with this company you are not in a good position; not skill intensive, or required to have college education.

Interview Questions
    • Do you enjoy working long hours for little pay harassing customers for payments and dealing with ungrateful management?   View Answer
    zero negation, 12$ an hour is the highest offer that can be made regardless of what has been said. Pay increases are subject to aggregate store performance and management which is rarely successfully passed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Hiring manager liked to talk about things other than the position i would be in, but he was very personable and likable. The position was very easy to get for me and didn't require much effort on my part.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. take what you get

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

I went through one interview with the GM. He was impressed with my interviewing that he called me back a few day later to say that I didn't need to sit down with the RM for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions. It was more of a conversational interview.   Answer Question
    Starting was $10.00 an hour but the GM was able to talk the RM into $11.00 an hour. No negotiations needed.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Basic Questions and previous experience

Still employed but seeking other employment currently.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aaron's in July 2013.

filled application out and called in for interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. Simple questions about experience and personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marion, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aaron's in May 2013.

very vague. was interviewed by a Sales Manager instead of the Manager

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think it would take for me to make an impact on the store?   Answer Question
    • Asked what question i was hoping they wouldnt ask then she asked it.   Answer Question

was not comfortable in the store. the atmosphere was heavy.
    District Manager was there but never spoke to him.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aaron's.

Applied online. Got a call 2 days later. Next day went in for an interview and did my drug test. Started training the next week

Interview Questions

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!