Aaron's

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – If your application successfully passes a Taleo screening and you are called for an interview, you will meet with the Store General Manager (typically the store you will be working) and the regional manager. The company requires two separate interviews.

If you are interviewing for a position with this company you are not in a good position; not skill intensive, or required to have college education.

Interview Question – Do you enjoy working long hours for little pay harassing customers for payments and dealing with ungrateful management?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – zero negation, 12$ an hour is the highest offer that can be made regardless of what has been said. Pay increases are subject to aggregate store performance and management which is rarely successfully passed.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – Hiring manager liked to talk about things other than the position i would be in, but he was very personable and likable. The position was very easy to get for me and didn't require much effort on my part.

Interview Question – I dont remember at this time   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. take what you get

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – I went through one interview with the GM. He was impressed with my interviewing that he called me back a few day later to say that I didn't need to sit down with the RM for a second interview.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions. It was more of a conversational interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Starting was $10.00 an hour but the GM was able to talk the RM into $11.00 an hour. No negotiations needed.

Manager Trainee

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – Basic Questions and previous experience

Negotiation Details – Still employed but seeking other employment currently.

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aaron's in July 2013.

Interview Details – filled application out and called in for interview.

Interview Question – None. Simple questions about experience and personality.   Answer Question

Marion, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aaron's in May 2013.

Interview Details – very vague. was interviewed by a Sales Manager instead of the Manager

Interview Questions

• How long do you think it would take for me to make an impact on the store?   Answer Question
  • Asked what question i was hoping they wouldnt ask then she asked it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – was not comfortable in the store. the atmosphere was heavy.
District Manager was there but never spoke to him.

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call 2 days later. Next day went in for an interview and did my drug test. Started training the next week

Interview Question – nothing everything is really basic   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter Called, met with him at a local store, talked with store manager and 2 upper management, went in for drug test, hired 2 days later.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Fulton, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – easy to hired but they could speed up the time frame it takes It took the store manager 3 months just to get in touch with the Vice President to talk to me about a job when the store was failing. The job I was given was way below my skills and experience

Interview Question – Why do you want this job your experience is above this job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They like to low ball salary vs experience and make sure you get it in writing as to when you will get pay increases.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aaron's in December 2012.

Interview Details – Supposed to be two interviews but ihred me after one. Interview was relatively easy no difficult questions, just questions based on assessment answers and work history.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Job entailed calling people of accounts who haven't paid bill and collecting.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aaron's

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!

Aaron's Videos

Aaron's – Why Work for Us?

Aaron's is the leader in sales to lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers and much more. We strive to make a difference in the communities we serve and in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aaron's Manager Trainee interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aaron's employees and interview candidates.