Aaron's Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's (New York, NY).

Interview

You will fill out the online assessment once you pass you will be invited for an interview during the interview they will let tell you 90 percent of the job involves knovk I ng on doors. They just want to know if you are able to make calls and are comfortable interacting with customers.

Interview Questions

• If you have been trying to reach a customer for 3 months at her home what would you do different to track her down.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for at least 14 dollars a hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Aaron's

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Filled out application online. Received a call for an interview the next day. Had a face to face interview at the store with the hiring manager. Very simple questions about past work experience and future goals. Told me if I would be willing to work as a customer service rep instead of a manager trainee, they would like to offer me the position. Said I would receive a call and an email to set up my drug and back ground screening. Didnt get the call or email until monday after calling and bugging management about it. Took drug test yesterday (Tuesday), now just waiting on a fallow up call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered to pay me a dollar more an hour for taking the lower paying position.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Applied on their website, the entire process took about a month. Interviewed within a week of applying, offered job within a few days of that. the longest part was getting background check, physical back.

Interview Questions

• It was an average interview, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, they offered you base pay that is same for everyone in that position.

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aaron's (Greenbelt, MD).

Interview

I applied on their website. The next day, I was called by three different stores in regards to the position. I scheduled a 1:00 PM interview for the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early, I wasn't seen until 2:15 PM. When I was called in, the interviewer apologized for the delay, and explained that their system was down. I mentioned that they should have informed me of that during my wait. A random woman came in and just looked at me. The interviewer didnt introduce her, just began the interview. At the end, she told me about the starting salary. We ended the interview. Two days later, I received a call from the interviewer (from his personal phone), who informed me that I would be receiving an offer on Monday. He informed me again, of the starting salary and said that he fought for me to get this salary. He then asked me on a date. Appalled, I declined on the spot.

Interview Questions

The unprofessionalism of the district manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Had to drive and hour and half for interview, overall it went well. meet store employees and did a walk through of the store and gave info on my background in sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for a manager trainee position and was called about three days later for an interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was great but the store she had in mind was too far for an effective commute. She forwarded my information to a different recruiter for consideration. Another store in my local area was chosen and I proceeded to an interview with the GM (my second interview). He was easy-going but did not want to interview me and pushed me towards the RM (my third interview). The RM was to the point and honest about Aaron's and what I would be doing. He forwarded my information to another store just outside my local area (my fourth interview - with a second store GM). This is where it got weird as this individual did not want me and used tactics such as "you are ridiculously overqualified" and "are you sure you would be happy here?" multiple times during the interview. After about 20 minutes of hearing how I would not be a great fit and making sure I understood that the manager trainee position is really just collections from deadbeats I finally had enough. I politely said "thank you but no" and wished him luck with the next lesser qualified but willing candidate. He immediately asked me, "Did I scare you off?". No, Sir, but you did make me feel exceptionally unwelcome and that was a first for me. What a waste of an opportunity.

Let me be very clear here - everyone but the actual store GM's (the people you would be working directly for) were exceptional in their communication and resolute in their actions to place you in a store and start a career with Aaron's. The store GM's are where your career search takes a decidedly sharp turn from normal to unfriendly.

Interview Questions

• "Why Aaron's?" "You know this is just collections, right?" "I would not even know what to pay you - did you discuss salary with the RM?"   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

If your application successfully passes a Taleo screening and you are called for an interview, you will meet with the Store General Manager (typically the store you will be working) and the regional manager. The company requires two separate interviews.

If you are interviewing for a position with this company you are not in a good position; not skill intensive, or required to have college education.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working long hours for little pay harassing customers for payments and dealing with ungrateful management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

zero negation, 12$ an hour is the highest offer that can be made regardless of what has been said. Pay increases are subject to aggregate store performance and management which is rarely successfully passed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Hiring manager liked to talk about things other than the position i would be in, but he was very personable and likable. The position was very easy to get for me and didn't require much effort on my part.

Interview Questions

• I dont remember at this time   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. take what you get

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

I went through one interview with the GM. He was impressed with my interviewing that he called me back a few day later to say that I didn't need to sit down with the RM for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions. It was more of a conversational interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting was $10.00 an hour but the GM was able to talk the RM into $11.00 an hour. No negotiations needed.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Basic Questions and previous experience

Negotiation

Still employed but seeking other employment currently.