Aaron's

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview Details – I applied for a position with the company and heard nothing for two months. Got a call out of the blue to see if I was still interested and that the position still had not been filled. Interviewer was extremely friendly and outgoing despite being almost 45 min late for our scheduled time. We spent the better part of the 1.5 hour interview discussing things that had absolutely nothing to do with the job itself.

The details I did receive about the job turned out to be mostly inaccurate once I learned more about the company while on the job. I was told I would have a very flexible schedule, that the position was a salaried opportunity with bonuses that were hit on a regular basis, and that people frequently got promoted to run their own stores in very short amounts of time. All of these things turned out to be completely false.

Interview Question – I was asked very few questions about my qualifications or expectations other than the typical/standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position on the spot and started 2 weeks later. There was no room to negotiate salary and the interviewing manager seemed to care very little about my other requests (i.e. time off, scheduling, etc) From what I understand, this would have been a deal breaker for some other managers/stores.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Aaron's in September 2013.

Interview Details – This company is very disorganized!!! I went in for an interview for what I thought was a divisional manager in Philadelphia. I was sent to interview a second time for a trainee position only to find out they don't hire outside of the company in upper management and you have to start out as a trainee with a crappy 12.50 an hour salary. If you can't start in upward management, then take those positions off of your career site and stop misleading people. Second, the regional managers don't have pleasant attitudes. One used his hands to speak, another was very rude when I checked his ability and referred me to another regional manager across town. It shouldn't take 6 weeks to hire anyone. I'd rather pack bags in a grocery store than work here. Anyone in management in NYC: GET IT TOGETHER AND STOP DISRESPECTING interviews WHO ARE MORE TENURED THAN YOU ARE.

Interview Question – None: the interview questionnaire must have been drawn up by a toddler. I didn't have to use my brain at all.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because management is a joke.

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aaron's in October 2009.

Interview Details – Background Check, Drug Screen

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

South Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Aaron's in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Regional Manager as well as the Store Manager on separate occasions. The Store Manager was ill equipped to interview me and it became more of a coaching experience. I coached him through my interview. The RM was very honest and practical and did not misrepresent the job description.

Interview Question – Are you afraid to manager accounts door to door?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-descript and very unprofessional. I felt as though I was being extorted rather than hired.

Pooler, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aaron's in April 2011.

Interview Details – made to appear tough but very laid back once the questions start flowing

Interview Question – Do you value your personal time?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – pay and overtime

Dade City, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aaron's in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted and eventually met with the General Manager of the Dade City location. After the initial interview, I was recommended for a follow-up meeting with the District Manager, who's office is within the Spring Hill location. I felt comfortbale and relaxed with the first interview in Dade City and honestly got along with the GM. Job details were somewhat vague, with compensation being the major one that somehow was unable to be discussed in this interview. I felt that was a bit sketchy and now I know why. The expectations I got from our conversation were that I would be working 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday with Sundays off), 45-50 hours per week depending on need, and be required to make collection phone calls and/or visitations to customer's homes between the hours of 7:00 am and 9:00 pm. I then met with the DM in Spring Hill and the opportunity went from being exciting to almost a scary joke. The DM made several comments in an attempt to down play my experience so that I would feel humbled enough to accept his less than adequate offer that would eventually follow his browbeating style of conversation. I was basically told that my 15+ years of successful sales management meant little and that I was merely an "unproven commodity" in his eyes. The attempt to make you feel less about yourself and downplay your experience is simply a tactic to ease you into their under paid and overworked management positions. He suggested that in order to become a GM of my own store I would need to train and work in the other two remaining manager positions, which could take anywhere from 12 to 18 months depending on how fast I learn each role within the store. Needless to say, I did not accept the position. This position pays anywhere from $25,000-$35,000 before bonuses, with the base salary being based off of your previous experience. The constant hiring posts and re-posts on internet job boards is an obvious statement that very few people accept these positions and/or work in them very long. I am not suggesting that all locations are the same, but that is for you to compare and contrast on your own! Good luck and happy job hunting!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have ever handled with a customer?   Answer Question
  • What is the single most proud accomplishment of your career thus far?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low of pay for requirements of position.

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aaron's in January 2012.

Interview Details – For any position you apply online and take a 30 min assessment test. Wait for roughly a month or two then get a phone call to go through a first interview. It's nothing but a conversation with a regional manager. Then you interview with the store manager. Typical drug and background check. Then you might start in two or three Weeks.

Interview Question – There was no challenging questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiating phase was really short for me... What were you making before? Ok, we can probably match it.. Can we go to this amount? Ha, no.. What you quoted as making at your last job is already higher than most....

Sales Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aaron's in May 2009.

Interview Details – First spoke with Regional Manager, After about an hour interview I was instructed to go to the actual location and speak with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Have everything planned out in your head like pay and locations you would like to work in. If you are taking a job at a certain locatino and origianally wanted something else let them know. Have faith in yourself.

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!