Aaron's Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aaron's (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple, how many people have you managed, it sounds professional but its not at all and don't be fooled by the suck ups, Aarons suck and they take advantage of the less fortunate

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aaron's

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aaron's (Norristown, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a Regional District Manager for a new store. Interview to take place with RDM, individual Franchise Owner and General Manager. Was cross interviewed by each attendee simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how aggressive are you?   Answer Question
    • In your current position, how do track your goals?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work up to 12 hours a day, for up to 6 days a week with Sundays off?   Answer Question

The RTO- Rent to Own concept was confusing, as long as a customer can meet the minimum standards the store is willing to accept any form of payment regardless of how low it is. Not to mention the GM supervised every RTO transaction. Also, this is not a Management role, this is s glorified Sales person that works 50-70 hours per week earning $10. per hour, with a low commission rate that is bonus based on gross sales goals.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aaron's (Tulsa, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

Sent my resume via Careerbuilder.com for the Sales Manager position. After I returned home I went to glassdoor.com and read the other reviews here about the interview process. Spot On! I have 5+ years of sales management. 2+ years of Multi-location management. And 20 years of sales experience. A shoe in for Sales Manager, or should be. My main questions he skirted around were: What is the position your are actually trying to fill with me? Does it have a title? Please describe it in detail. His response: "We are looking for the back office spot. You will spend 75% of your time calling customers, visiting customers in their homes. Calling on new business. That kind of thing." From that I knew the Sales Manager job I applied to is bogus and leading. They want you to be a collection agent for a year before moving up a notch.

Interview Questions

• There were no challenging questions. Describe yourself and Why should I choose you, were the only two questions he asked me in a 45 minute interview. Why should we choose you? "Because you won't regret it. I have a cornucopia of experience in all aspects of the sales process. From open to close. Setting up loss leaders, to dumping stale stock. Minimizing losses and training top tier agents. I have a proven track record of my teams leading the pack. That's why you should choose me."   Answer Question

Read my post again. Then read any of the other posts here about Aaron's Sales. That is why you decline an offer from them. If they ask for Sales Managers, Hire Sales Managers. If you want collections agents, ask for collections agents.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

I applied for a position with the company and heard nothing for two months. Got a call out of the blue to see if I was still interested and that the position still had not been filled. Interviewer was extremely friendly and outgoing despite being almost 45 min late for our scheduled time. We spent the better part of the 1.5 hour interview discussing things that had absolutely nothing to do with the job itself. The details I did receive about the job turned out to be mostly inaccurate once I learned more about the company while on the job. I was told I would have a very flexible schedule, that the position was a salaried opportunity with bonuses that were hit on a regular basis, and that people frequently got promoted to run their own stores in very short amounts of time. All of these things turned out to be completely false.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very few questions about my qualifications or expectations other than the typical/standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the position on the spot and started 2 weeks later. There was no room to negotiate salary and the interviewing manager seemed to care very little about my other requests (i.e. time off, scheduling, etc) From what I understand, this would have been a deal breaker for some other managers/stores.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

This company is very disorganized!!! I went in for an interview for what I thought was a divisional manager in Philadelphia. I was sent to interview a second time for a trainee position only to find out they don't hire outside of the company in upper management and you have to start out as a trainee with a crappy 12.50 an hour salary. If you can't start in upward management, then take those positions off of your career site and stop misleading people. Second, the regional managers don't have pleasant attitudes. One used his hands to speak, another was very rude when I checked his ability and referred me to another regional manager across town. It shouldn't take 6 weeks to hire anyone. I'd rather pack bags in a grocery store than work here. Anyone in management in NYC: GET IT TOGETHER AND STOP DISRESPECTING interviews WHO ARE MORE TENURED THAN YOU ARE.

Interview Questions

• None: the interview questionnaire must have been drawn up by a toddler. I didn't have to use my brain at all.   1 Answer

Because management is a joke.

Anonymous Employee in Dade City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aaron's (Dade City, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted and eventually met with the General Manager of the Dade City location. After the initial interview, I was recommended for a follow-up meeting with the District Manager, who's office is within the Spring Hill location. I felt comfortbale and relaxed with the first interview in Dade City and honestly got along with the GM. Job details were somewhat vague, with compensation being the major one that somehow was unable to be discussed in this interview. I felt that was a bit sketchy and now I know why. The expectations I got from our conversation were that I would be working 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday with Sundays off), 45-50 hours per week depending on need, and be required to make collection phone calls and/or visitations to customer's homes between the hours of 7:00 am and 9:00 pm. I then met with the DM in Spring Hill and the opportunity went from being exciting to almost a scary joke. The DM made several comments in an attempt to down play my experience so that I would feel humbled enough to accept his less than adequate offer that would eventually follow his browbeating style of conversation. I was basically told that my 15+ years of successful sales management meant little and that I was merely an "unproven commodity" in his eyes. The attempt to make you feel less about yourself and downplay your experience is simply a tactic to ease you into their under paid and overworked management positions. He suggested that in order to become a GM of my own store I would need to train and work in the other two remaining manager positions, which could take anywhere from 12 to 18 months depending on how fast I learn each role within the store. Needless to say, I did not accept the position. This position pays anywhere from $25,000-$35,000 before bonuses, with the base salary being based off of your previous experience. The constant hiring posts and re-posts on internet job boards is an obvious statement that very few people accept these positions and/or work in them very long. I am not suggesting that all locations are the same, but that is for you to compare and contrast on your own! Good luck and happy job hunting!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have ever handled with a customer?   Answer Question
    • What is the single most proud accomplishment of your career thus far?   Answer Question

Too low of pay for requirements of position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aaron's (Pooler, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

made to appear tough but very laid back once the questions start flowing

Interview Questions

• Do you value your personal time?   2 Answers

Negotiation

pay and overtime

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aaron's in October 2009.

Interview

Background Check, Drug Screen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aaron's (South Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Regional Manager as well as the Store Manager on separate occasions. The Store Manager was ill equipped to interview me and it became more of a coaching experience. I coached him through my interview. The RM was very honest and practical and did not misrepresent the job description.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid to manager accounts door to door?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-descript and very unprofessional. I felt as though I was being extorted rather than hired.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aaron's in January 2012.

Interview

For any position you apply online and take a 30 min assessment test. Wait for roughly a month or two then get a phone call to go through a first interview. It's nothing but a conversation with a regional manager. Then you interview with the store manager. Typical drug and background check. Then you might start in two or three Weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiating phase was really short for me... What were you making before? Ok, we can probably match it.. Can we go to this amount? Ha, no.. What you quoted as making at your last job is already higher than most....