Abacus Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.6

Computer Systems Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abacus Technology.

Interview

Initial call came 2 months after application submitted. Spoke with a member of the recruiting team, after which I went to an interview scheduled 3 weeks out. Interview was performed by management of another company, which passed their approval to Abacus. Clearance process performed by Abacus, and was as pain-free as it can be.

Interview Questions

• Interview was conducted by the technicians I would be working with, several detailed and tech-oriented questions were presented. Would not recommend going in without a technical background, they will see through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was negligible. Their offer was their offer, and that was it.

PM Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abacus Technology in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and straight forwards. It was conducted via a panel setting. They asked typical PM related questions and were fairly easy to provide a response to. After the interview, I was notified via email from HR that I was being extended an offer to join the company. All in all, it was a very easy and quick process from the time I applied to the time I was offered the position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abacus Technology (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Panel Review of at least 4 personnel that asked situational questions to glean experience as a leader. HR will contact you to make an appointment, you will require access to the Kennedy Space Center and directions to the interview location. You will then meet the HR representative and be given instructions on the interview. You should feel free to bring any pertinent data or information that demonstrates your qualifications to perform the work prescribed in the job description.

Help Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abacus Technology (Denver, CO) in December 2009.

Interview

Had a brief (30 min) phone interview with hiring manager initially who then arranged an 1:1 interview at a local restaurant (free lunch for me). He spent time focussing on what issues lay ahead for the position he was hiring for and asked for my input/suggestions on making positive changes to an otherwise negative circumstance.

Interview Questions

• Customer service has a negative reputation based on past experience by a former support provider. What steps would you make, how would you raise the level of customer service for the organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was below market value for the position itself. I countered with the fact that I had another offer on the table at a higher salary (which was true). Within the day they came back with an even higher salary.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abacus Technology in September 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call, then I interviewed two times and then had to come in and make phone calls

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abacus Technology in May 2009.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, then had a follow up phone interview with someone from the company. I then had an interview with a Senior Member, and then with the client. I then met with the client, and then the communication was with the Recruiter. Once everything was signed off, I received an email and then a formal offer in the mail, which I had to send back Fed Ex.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job and your major roles and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you present a range, make sure the lowest number is the highest you essentially want. They will choose the lowest.