Abaxis

Abaxis Interview Questions

2.0

Medical Device Assembler - Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Abaxis.

Straight forward common interview questions. They will ask you to do a simple basic inspection test about the product.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult question, but they will ask you this: "Are you fast paced?"   Answer Question
    Hourly rate is non-negotiable. Applied through temp agency.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abaxis.

Interview process is OK.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abaxis.

They tend to use Craigslist to advertise and attend local colleges for candidates.

Phone interview. Personal interview to follow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult employment situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Salary was a range dependent on experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Easy interview and very friendly hiring staff. Began with a phone interview and then came in to speak with the hiring manager, then the supervisor and lastly the director. The overall process was fairly straight forward.

Lab Aide/Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abaxis in April 2012.

Interviewed with HR and the Lab Director followed by an interview with the Technicians two weeks later. After being told I was being recommended for the Lab Aide position I waited 4 days then had to contact HR to get the forms. They submitted me for a backrgound check and told me they wanted to offer me the Lab Technician position instead. I was informed initially by the reference company that their may be a problem due to having worked as a contractor and informed AVRL of this immediately. The check was done and came back clean with no problems, but AVRL chose to claim they had never received it, denied they had intended to hire me in direct contrast to their actions and e-mails and even though they knew a potentially negative report could have sunk not only my job with them but with other places. To this day they will not respond, admit they received the report, follow through with the job offer or provide any communication since doing so would admit their deception and possibly force them to actually take responsibility for their actions. Contrary to what they claim on their website, they are not helpful, communicative or willing to take responsibility for what they do, at least in this case.

Interview Questions
    • Just basic questions about past lab and instrument experience from the Lab Director. HR seemed to want to get me out of there as soon as possible once they saw I was over 40.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abaxis in August 2009.

Typical, though in hind sight I should have asked more questions as earnings potential was misrepresented.