AbbVie Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.1

Director Interview

Interview

Screening, only first step in the process. Very prompt, professional, good questions, focused on past experience, description of job and other things about the company. Lots of discussion of benefits.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AbbVie (Waukegan, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Basic interview with the manager and lead technical analyst. The manager and the technical lead asked questions about my previous experience, my skills, and my interests. We discussed the position and what was expected of the person hired.

Science Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Meet with managers, very laid back. You go to lunch with several employees, they mostly want to see if youre a normal person and are able to socialize with other people.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone, onsite- interviewed 4 people, team lunch-2 times, great team environment and loved the team so accepted the position had to interview 4 people lasting 30 mins each. Almost the whole day with lunch with the immediate team.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

One of my friend referred this job to me. The whole interview went smoothly, and I answered every questions they asked. I felt good about my react during the whole process. The HR person said he would get back to me in a couple of days. Two of the eight interviwers even gave me complainants during the face to face interview. Even I feel I'm perfectly fit with the job but they didn't give me the offer.

Senior Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie (Worcester, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Welcome dinner with interview committee members in the evening before. On the day from 8:30am: alf-hour meeting with hiring manager; one-hour presentation; one-on-one interview with senior group members, department lead, project manager, related function group leaders. Had lunch with junior group members together. A quick lab tour in the end.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you had conflicts with your advisor, collaborators or labmates? What did you do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview. For the in-person, they flew me out and paid for my hotel room, and I interviewed the following day. To be honest, the initial process was extremely disorganized. I found out that I had an interview the next day at 10 pm the night before, which was inconvenient because it meant I had to fly to Chicago with hardly any notice. I was not told the time of departure until the DAY of my flight and I was given 3 hours notice. You can imagine how rushed I was to get to the airport (which is 1 hour away!) in time to catch my flight. In any case, I made my flight and everything was smooth from there. They booked drivers to take me to my hotel (it was very nice) and the office, so I didn't need to worry about that. I found the office itself to be a little cold, but the people were generally friendly. They asked me plenty of behavioral questions. They were very hard, on-the-spot questions. Though I have interviewed with many other companies, I have never been asked such extensive questions before so I honestly didn't have enough examples. They hardly asked me any questions about HR or my interest in it, which I found rather odd because that is what I was interviewing for. I tried my best in the interview, but they responded by saying that I would be a good candidate for later on, but my experience wasn't strong enough. I was not surprised because I had read online that they often invite people to a final round and then tell them they don't have enough experience (even though they know from the beginning what each candidate's resume entails...)

Interview Questions

• -When was a time that you made a decision and it was the wrong decision? -What is the toughest feedback you've ever received? -When was a time that you stood up for your morals or beliefs? -When was a time you had to work under pressure? -What was a difficult obstacle that you had to face and how did you overcome it? -What stands out to you about AbbVie?   Answer Question

Publications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. They had me come to Chicago for in person meetings. Two panels and some individual interviews. Very thorough and relevant questions related to publication planning, project management, and their cultural hallmarks. I followed up with additional information they requested, but never received an offer or rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about a time when you've handled conflict.   1 Answer

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AbbVie in April 2015.

Interview

It was a 30-minute phone call and two people were involved. We talked a little bit about my experience on the resume. One of them was the director and he introduced the team briefly. I think it's a good opportunity for students who want to have more industry experience in pharmaceutical industry.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AbbVie (Waukegan, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One round of F2F with the team manager and tech lead. Resume was shared by the staffing agency and within 7 days was called for an interview. Interview was concentrated towards the general interpersonal and coordination skills than technical.

Interview Questions

• Did you face any credibility crisis and how did you manage it?   Answer Question