AbbVie

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview Details – The interview was set up by a recruiting firm that I went through. It took a few weeks to set up the interview. I went in and 3 different people interviewed me separately. It was pretty basic. They asked about situations where I was faced with a difficult task/ challenge and how I handled it. They put a lot of emphasis on your organizational skills and ability to keep up in a fast paced environment.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an overwhelming amount of scheduling to do?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AbbVie in May 2014.

Interview Details – The initial process was very quick. I was contacted for a phone interview swiftly and spoke with two of the hiring supervisors within two weeks of application. I was then selected for an in person interview and that process dragged on longer than expected. When I did finally meet with the hiring supervisor the interview went very well and I was highly impressed with the interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't any question that was unexpected. It was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hiring supervisor was pretty clear what the job was going to be and it ended up not being the job that I wanted.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AbbVie in June 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process is normally standard. If the hiring manager likes you, you are through. Not much background vetting is done in the interview process. Depending on the interview, they may give you some situation analysis questions; you will have to demonstrate background and experience by providing some examples.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary with respect to job profile   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted. Lesson learnt to negotiate harder first time :-)

MSL Interview

MSL

I applied online and interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview Details – pretty straight forward. it wasn't unique to any other company during the process. that is all i can say. I heard back right away with an offer. I really like the people on my team and that I met at the interview.

You Don't Want This Job Interview

You Don't Want This Job

Interviewed at AbbVie

Interview Details – They will treat you like a human being at first. They have no idea what they were looking for. They did not really ask me any questions, but they just went on and on about how much of a great place it was to work. After I decided to go forward with the interview process, I reached out to follow up. I heard back from them weeks later. They used a form email letter to respond to me after they have reached out to me when I wasn't looking. I would never work here.

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Medical Science Liaison
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AbbVie in March 2010.

Interview Details – Company pays for flight, hotel to Chicago. I was interviewed by the hiring manager, director and medical director of the therapeutic separately. Everyone was professional and fair.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were straight forward. They did ask What I can bring to the table based on my experience that was considered unique.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at AbbVie

Interview Details – Two phone interviews. I believe this was due in part to the poor weather during the time period of intern interviews. My recruiter said they would have flown me out to the North Chicago site to do the interviews, but the phone interviews were very casual and nothing to serious.

Interview Question – Very standard interview. Typical questions were asked about leadership activities and ways I handled a difficult problem. I would be very knowledgeable not only of your classes and extra-curricular activities, but how you conducted yourself in each of those scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation regarding pay. I did have three different start dates to choose from.

Senior Medical Writer Interview

Senior Medical Writer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview Details – After two phone interviews, I had one on-site interview that consisted of two one-hour group interviews (3 people each time). Each person was designated specific behavioral interviewing questions they had to ask. They all wrote down my answers describing each situation, action, and result. They also gave me the opportunity to ask them questions at the end.

Interview Question – Have you ever corrected your boss?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist III Interview

Senior Scientist III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AbbVie in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and I had two telephone interviews very reasonable. Nothing specially difficult, about 20-30 min long each and one week appart.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. I had two telephone interviews.   View Answer

Planner Interview

Planner

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview Details – Phone Interview was like speed dating How awful.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about yourself in 10 minutes or less   Answer Question

Worked for AbbVie? Contribute to the Community!