AbbVie Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

3.1

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Very Standard process. They ask the basic interview questions. I met with 3 managers and an HR person. Took them about a week to give me an offer. I thought the offer was good but after I got hired I found out that a lot of people on my level were making a lot more money than I was.

No negotiation

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at AbbVie.

There were 5 steps, one to one, followed by a panel interview, then a numerical and verbal reasoning test. Interview with Departmental Director, finally an interview with product director. The offer then followed a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What motivated my to buy a pushbike when I was 15?   View Answer

Senior IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AbbVie.

I was initially contacted by Recruiter and she setup meeting with Hiring manager. Hiring manager contacted me after a week and he was late to the meeting. In the remaining time we had, we spoke about the role and how I could help his problems and build processes and capability. Waited for 3 weeks to set up one day face to face interview with 4 people. Again waited 2 weeks to get a call from Abbvie that I have been selected for next round. Waited again for 2 weeks to schedule final interview. Met with the VP and same folks again whom I had met in the first face to face. Waited again for 2 more weeks and I notified the recruiter about my displeasure in communications and how Abbvie which is trying to break free from Abbott is still very much a slow moving organization. I accepted another offer which was way better than Abbvie.

Very slow in making decisions

Senior Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AbbVie in July 2014.

Applied through a recruiter and was invited to a phone interview within a week of applying online.

Phone interview was 30 min long, nothing unexpected, done by the hiring manager and an associate in his lab. They provided a quick description of the job and what they were looking for followed by a number of questions regarding my technical lab experience and background.

About 3 days after the phone interview the invitation for the onsite arrived. Scheduling went well and they put me up in a hotel across the street from their Worcester, MA site. The day began with a 60min talk about my research followed by about 10 interviews with people of various grades. Most of the junior staff were done in pairs for 30-60min, while the senior people interviewed alone but were shorter (20-30min). Questions typically centered on my talk and then expanded to why I wanted the positions. I found the junior employees were much more interested in asking me technical questions where as more senior people wanted to know more about my background and interests. Questions were difficult but always fair.

After interviewing I followed up with a thank your email and asked for any feedback they were willing to give me. I received their response about 2-3 days later with some helpful feedback as to why they did not believe I was an ideal person for the position. Overall a very fair and educational experience, too bad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions
    • My research background was quite different from the models and systems they were studying at this site, and thus questions regarding how my background could contribute to what they were doing were not unexpected but difficult.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at AbbVie.

The interview was set up by a recruiting firm that I went through. It took a few weeks to set up the interview. I went in and 3 different people interviewed me separately. It was pretty basic. They asked about situations where I was faced with a difficult task/ challenge and how I handled it. They put a lot of emphasis on your organizational skills and ability to keep up in a fast paced environment.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had an overwhelming amount of scheduling to do?   Answer Question

You Don't Want This Job Interview

They will treat you like a human being at first. They have no idea what they were looking for. They did not really ask me any questions, but they just went on and on about how much of a great place it was to work. After I decided to go forward with the interview process, I reached out to follow up. I heard back from them weeks later. They used a form email letter to respond to me after they have reached out to me when I wasn't looking. I would never work here.

MSL Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AbbVie.

pretty straight forward. it wasn't unique to any other company during the process. that is all i can say. I heard back right away with an offer. I really like the people on my team and that I met at the interview.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AbbVie in May 2014.

The initial process was very quick. I was contacted for a phone interview swiftly and spoke with two of the hiring supervisors within two weeks of application. I was then selected for an in person interview and that process dragged on longer than expected. When I did finally meet with the hiring supervisor the interview went very well and I was highly impressed with the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any question that was unexpected. It was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

The hiring supervisor was pretty clear what the job was going to be and it ended up not being the job that I wanted.

Intern Interview

Two phone interviews. I believe this was due in part to the poor weather during the time period of intern interviews. My recruiter said they would have flown me out to the North Chicago site to do the interviews, but the phone interviews were very casual and nothing to serious.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview. Typical questions were asked about leadership activities and ways I handled a difficult problem. I would be very knowledgeable not only of your classes and extra-curricular activities, but how you conducted yourself in each of those scenarios.   Answer Question
    No negotiation regarding pay. I did have three different start dates to choose from.

Senior Medical Writer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AbbVie.

After two phone interviews, I had one on-site interview that consisted of two one-hour group interviews (3 people each time). Each person was designated specific behavioral interviewing questions they had to ask. They all wrote down my answers describing each situation, action, and result. They also gave me the opportunity to ask them questions at the end.

Interview Questions

Worked for AbbVie? Contribute to the Community!