AbbVie Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

3.1

General Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AbbVie.

Questions were not particularly difficult, however were repeated between interviewers. Whole experience was disorganized for such a senior position. Post-interview follow-up was non-existent and required several calls.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not particularly difficult, however were repeated between interviewers.   Answer Question

Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AbbVie in August 2013.

Initial communication with hiring manager was good, however scheduling interview was not easy due to travel requirements of managers.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was why should they not hire me for the position.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Lead/Operations BI Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AbbVie in April 2013.

I drove 60 miles in heavy rainstorm to talk to them and they don't even have the professional curtsy to tell me what their decision is. Its been more than a month and they have not even told me if they want to move forward or not. So little regard for all my efforts.

The interview went well and the hiring manager asked me to sort the salary with HR and start asap, but the stupid HR lady never reached back to me to negotiate a salary. She never even replied to my emails and phone calls. What a waste.

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at AbbVie.

There were 5 steps, one to one, followed by a panel interview, then a numerical and verbal reasoning test. Interview with Departmental Director, finally an interview with product director. The offer then followed a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What motivated my to buy a pushbike when I was 15?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zagreb (Croatia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zagreb (Croatia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AbbVie in November 2013.

Scheduling of the interviews one day beforehand.
    Rescheduling of the interview last minute, interviewers were not being punctual and on time.
    Interviewer asked me why he does not know me, as we used to work in previous company together.
    Unusual questions and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about jewish style of compensation?
      Sell yourself, why would we hire you?
      What would your friends tell about you?
      Why do you look down left when you are looking for an answer?
        View Answer

Tech Support Process Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ballynamona, Sligo (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballynamona, Sligo (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AbbVie in February 2010.

Company went through my college school to organise interviews. Only on round, very much a hr interview asking about experience I had and projects I had done that pertain to the work done by AbbVie. Relatively short (~20-30 minutes)

Interview Questions
    • none really, tell me about yourself is always worth having something prepared for.   Answer Question
    None, internship so just accepted first offer.