AbbVie

Updated Dec 1, 2014

Business Intelligence Lead/Operations BI Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AbbVie in April 2013.

I drove 60 miles in heavy rainstorm to talk to them and they don't even have the professional curtsy to tell me what their decision is. Its been more than a month and they have not even told me if they want to move forward or not. So little regard for all my efforts.

The interview went well and the hiring manager asked me to sort the salary with HR and start asap, but the stupid HR lady never reached back to me to negotiate a salary. She never even replied to my emails and phone calls. What a waste.

Interview Questions
    • How do I performance tune a report/query   View Answer

Marketing Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AbbVie in March 2013.

Interviewed with 4 directors (marketing, analytics and 2 research directors). Spent about 1 hour with each and much of the interviews revolved around past experience and achievements. It was clear that the people I spoke to were interested in finding someone with a broad range of research experience. Key tip for anyone interviewing in 2014: there's a movement toward hiring people with CPG experience at AbbVie. They would prefer to hire creative thinkers and people with world-class marketing experience.

Interview Questions
    • None - I was expecting interviewers to grill me on the fact that I lacked any scientific experience. Wasn't a concern and hasn't been an issue during my first year.   Answer Question
    My recruiter recommended that I not negotiate as AbbVie has a reputation for standing firm on their initial offer. I got an extra $3k, which isn't much, but I wouldn't shy away from asking for a salary that's slightly above what they've offered.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AbbVie in June 2012.

Hiring process is normally standard. If the hiring manager likes you, you are through. Not much background vetting is done in the interview process. Depending on the interview, they may give you some situation analysis questions; you will have to demonstrate background and experience by providing some examples.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary with respect to job profile   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted. Lesson learnt to negotiate harder first time :-)

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AbbVie in March 2010.

Company pays for flight, hotel to Chicago. I was interviewed by the hiring manager, director and medical director of the therapeutic separately. Everyone was professional and fair.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were straight forward. They did ask What I can bring to the table based on my experience that was considered unique.   Answer Question

MSL Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AbbVie.

After a first phone interview I got invited for an interview. The interview consisted of a first part with HR where I got a lot of information regarding the company and a second part with the line manager. Very friendly and professional people. Unfortunately I didn't get invited for a second round, but overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been confronted with opposition and how did you react?   Answer Question

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at AbbVie.

There were 5 steps, one to one, followed by a panel interview, then a numerical and verbal reasoning test. Interview with Departmental Director, finally an interview with product director. The offer then followed a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What motivated my to buy a pushbike when I was 15?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zagreb (Croatia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zagreb (Croatia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AbbVie in November 2013.

Scheduling of the interviews one day beforehand.
    Rescheduling of the interview last minute, interviewers were not being punctual and on time.
    Interviewer asked me why he does not know me, as we used to work in previous company together.
    Unusual questions and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about jewish style of compensation?
      Sell yourself, why would we hire you?
      What would your friends tell about you?
      Why do you look down left when you are looking for an answer?

View Answer

Tech Support Process Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballynamona, Sligo (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballynamona, Sligo (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AbbVie in February 2010.

Company went through my college school to organise interviews. Only on round, very much a hr interview asking about experience I had and projects I had done that pertain to the work done by AbbVie. Relatively short (~20-30 minutes)

Interview Questions
    • none really, tell me about yourself is always worth having something prepared for.   Answer Question
    None, internship so just accepted first offer.