AbbVie Marketing Research Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AbbVie in March 2013.

Interviewed with 4 directors (marketing, analytics and 2 research directors). Spent about 1 hour with each and much of the interviews revolved around past experience and achievements. It was clear that the people I spoke to were interested in finding someone with a broad range of research experience. Key tip for anyone interviewing in 2014: there's a movement toward hiring people with CPG experience at AbbVie. They would prefer to hire creative thinkers and people with world-class marketing experience.

Interview Questions
  • None - I was expecting interviewers to grill me on the fact that I lacked any scientific experience. Wasn't a concern and hasn't been an issue during my first year.   Answer Question
My recruiter recommended that I not negotiate as AbbVie has a reputation for standing firm on their initial offer. I got an extra $3k, which isn't much, but I wouldn't shy away from asking for a salary that's slightly above what they've offered.