Abbott Diabetes Care

Updated Sep 28, 2014

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

It was a long time ago. I just remember that I had 4 face to face interviews. It was a lot of behavioral interviews. After meeting 4 times they hired me.

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

Initial communication was via email to set up a time for a phone screening. The phone screening was performed by HR to determine my qualifications for the position and to see if I had the requirements. Next was a phone contact with the district manager as a touch point and to set up a face to face interview. I made it past that round of interviews and was scheduled to meet with the Director of Sales as one of the final candidates. Both interviews were focused around sales execution and territory management.

Interview Questions
    • What other companies and positions are you interviewing for?   Answer Question
    Salary and Start date

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

Single day, 3 person interview.

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

Interviewed for the senior product manager position. Everyone I met was very courteous and friendly. No hard or unexpected questions during the interview process, be sure to study the company and learn about the job requirements. I am impressed that everyone I met at the office site was very friendly.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care in March 2010.

I submitted my resume to a recruiter in Florida for this position, which is called Fountain Group. Fountain Group was hired by Abbott's onsite agency, Manpower. Fountain Group initially called to set up the interview with one of the senior product managers at Abbott, for an initial phone screen. A day or so later, I was contacted by my agency again for an in-person interview either that day or the next. However, I was in other meetings at the time of the message, and was essentially stalked by both my recruiter and the onsite Manpower recruiter until I called them back. I think I had something like 9 missed called between the two of them in one afternoon. I called back, and said that I was pretty busy that day and the next, but they insisted that these were my only opportunities to have the 2 hour interview. So, I squeezed it into my schedule and interviewed on a Thursday, with a job offer in hand by Friday. The interview consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with different members of the team. One had me look at product packaging to identify differences between the two (to test my branding knowledge), one asked a lot of "what would you do if..." questions, and the other two asked pretty standard questions about my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a project deadline was about to be missed?   Answer Question
    I would advise looking for other job postings. The one I replied to offered me $17-19/hour. Then, I saw another posting offering up to $23/hour for this same position. I asked about it and they offered me $22.30/hour.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

Initial contact made my Human Resources then proceeded to a personal interview with Sales Manager followed by Background check and Offer.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot think of anything during this interview that was either difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care in February 2010.

Initial communication via headhunter (Linked in). 3 phone interviews, 5 face to face interview including supervisor, general director, HR, sales director. Initial people perception, very good, also company as one of the best place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Convince me quickly, I am leaving in 5 minutes why we should hire you?   View Answer
    The offer was rather not negotiable from company part but included : relocation package, 1 salary initial help for settling down, German course, stock options to buy.

Worked for Abbott Diabetes Care? Contribute to the Community!