Abbott Diabetes Care

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

Diabetes Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

Interview Details – Initial communication was via email to set up a time for a phone screening. The phone screening was performed by HR to determine my qualifications for the position and to see if I had the requirements. Next was a phone contact with the district manager as a touch point and to set up a face to face interview. I made it past that round of interviews and was scheduled to meet with the Director of Sales as one of the final candidates. Both interviews were focused around sales execution and territory management.

Interview Question – What other companies and positions are you interviewing for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and Start date

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

Interview Details – Single day, 3 person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Proper dimensioning practices.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

Interview Details – Interviewed for the senior product manager position. Everyone I met was very courteous and friendly. No hard or unexpected questions during the interview process, be sure to study the company and learn about the job requirements. I am impressed that everyone I met at the office site was very friendly.

Interview Question – What are the two areas that you want to improve on.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Fremont, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care in March 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to a recruiter in Florida for this position, which is called Fountain Group. Fountain Group was hired by Abbott's onsite agency, Manpower. Fountain Group initially called to set up the interview with one of the senior product managers at Abbott, for an initial phone screen. A day or so later, I was contacted by my agency again for an in-person interview either that day or the next. However, I was in other meetings at the time of the message, and was essentially stalked by both my recruiter and the onsite Manpower recruiter until I called them back. I think I had something like 9 missed called between the two of them in one afternoon. I called back, and said that I was pretty busy that day and the next, but they insisted that these were my only opportunities to have the 2 hour interview. So, I squeezed it into my schedule and interviewed on a Thursday, with a job offer in hand by Friday. The interview consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with different members of the team. One had me look at product packaging to identify differences between the two (to test my branding knowledge), one asked a lot of "what would you do if..." questions, and the other two asked pretty standard questions about my experience.

Interview Question – What would you do if a project deadline was about to be missed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would advise looking for other job postings. The one I replied to offered me $17-19/hour. Then, I saw another posting offering up to $23/hour for this same position. I asked about it and they offered me $22.30/hour.

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care.

Interview Details – Initial contact made my Human Resources then proceeded to a personal interview with Sales Manager followed by Background check and Offer.

Interview Question – Cannot think of anything during this interview that was either difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Abbott Diabetes Care in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication via headhunter (Linked in). 3 phone interviews, 5 face to face interview including supervisor, general director, HR, sales director. Initial people perception, very good, also company as one of the best place to work.

Interview Question – Convince me quickly, I am leaving in 5 minutes why we should hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was rather not negotiable from company part but included : relocation package, 1 salary initial help for settling down, German course, stock options to buy.

Worked for Abbott Diabetes Care? Contribute to the Community!