Abbott

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Abbott.

Interview Details – The interview went smoothly, but it took 6 hours. I was first contacted via email, then interviewed over the phone and then was invited for a face to face interview to the office. Everyone was very nice, it felt like a friendly conversation rather than an interview. Very professional, good vibe.

Reason for Declining – I received an offer from another company.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, the standard stuff. It took several months to hear back, but Abbott was spinning off Abbvie at the time, so it's understandable. Had a brief phone interview with the manager of the IT intern program. Very casual, great conversation. Received an offer at the end of our talk. Maybe 30 minutes total.

Interview Question – All the usual "tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge" type behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Logistics Analyst
North Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abbott in October 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with the phone call from the company recruiter. The interview was scheduled over the phone. I was interviewed by 4 people.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Abbott

Interview Details – Very great group of people. Interviewed on school campus with a dinner the night before. Joe and Sam were very helpful. They like you to have a lot of accounting AND finance classes planned.

Interview Question – When did you have to bend the rules and it was OK to do so?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott.

Interview Details – Went through school campus fair. Talked to person at fair, got a phone confirmation, just to confirm dates for internship and face-to-face interview. Person on phone wasn't interviewer. Interview was non-technical, based on soft skills.

IT Professional Development Program (ITPDP) Interview

IT Professional Development Program (ITPDP)
Abbott Park, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Abbott in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through completing an internship with Abbott. The interview was scheduled during the end of the internship and was a panel interview with three former ITPDPs and a facilitator. Fairly typical interview questions mostly situational/behavioral and also where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. We were given offers (or lack thereof) on our last day of the internship program.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had two people telling you conflicting opinions on how to handle a situation. How did you handle and resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at Abbott

Interview Details – Hiring process - Works better if your resume can be submitted through internal contacts. The process starts with a interview by HR recruiter and questions are mainly to understand your personality, background, experience and compatibility. Next step could involve a phone conversation with the hiring manager or it could be a direct face to face interview. Interviews could be with up to four people in the team or across teams. Case interviews are a possibility.

Interview Question – Difficult case interviews   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abbott.

Interview Details – Interviews follow a simple methodology. Answer questions with Situation/Task, Action and Result. Looking for strong candidates in four major areas: teamwork, agility, innovation and loyalty.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project that didn't go well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Engineering PDP Interview

Engineering PDP
Abbott Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone for a phone interview that occurred the next day. That interview was followed about a month later with two interviews at headquarters, one with the PDP director, one with an engineering manager. I did not hear of their final decision until about three months later, although, at the time, the company was splitting into Abbott and AbbVie.

Interview Question – How do you resolve conflict?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Interview

Student
Urbana, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott in August 2012.

Interview Details – It is very straightforward. If you have good background of their interests, it is much easier to get through.

Interview Question – I did not see any unexpected question. Asking about my background and how much I knew about each stuff.   Answer Question

Worked for Abbott? Contribute to the Community!