Abbott Labs

2.6

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Got called by recruiter and went to the interview and answered various questions about my history.Talked to the trainer for the position, had a long discussion about my work experience and the specifics of the position and what the day to day related tasks would be for this position, was specified that it was only a contract opportunity. The trainer was really good at explaining the day to day tasks and what work had to be completed, provided a lot of information and worked with me for the work that had to be completed when the job started.

Interview Questions
    • What experience you have concerning the job you are applying for?   View Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2014.

The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question
    I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

Intern In Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

It was a very well organized interview process and really not that bad. There were 3 back to back interviews in one afternoon. They asked a lot of typical questions, such as walking them through my resume and experience, and to recount experiences related to teamwork, leadership, handling conflict etc. Basically each interviewer will use different wording to ask about the same competencies so that they can rate you. Just be prepared to be consistent and have some solid examples from your work history ready to discuss.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with others that you were working with and how you handled it   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview process was succint and informative. Very well-organized. I had a very positive experience.

Easy and short.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2012.

I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The phone interview was with the manager and the questions were pretty standard. We went over my resume and discussed how my qualifications/experience matched the position. About two weeks later, I was brought into the office for a telepresence interview with the person I spoke to for the phone interview as well as his manager. They talked a lot about the background of the division and the position description. The questions to me were similar to my phone interview--it seemed like the interview was mostly for the benefit of the manager's manager. Later that day, the manager called and offered me the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all pretty typical. One question was about how I would communicate with members of the IT department. This was difficult only because I was confused as to how this would be any different than communicating with anyone else.   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2012.

Started with an online application on the company's website and a call from the recruiter from Abbott on a 10-min screening about one or two weeks later. There was only one on-site (final) interview with 4 people (one by one). All behavioral questions in the on-site interview. The whole process took about a month.

No negotiation. They gave me what I want.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2012.

Phone screen. In-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for Abbott.   View Answer

Poor company business forecast.

IT Professional Development Program (ITPDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2012.

I initial had a 1:1 interview at my college with a recruiter from Abbott, which consisted mainly of reviewing my resume and go more in depth with information on the position. Almost a month and a half later I was contacted again and participated in a quick phone interview which was really just a chance for the ITPDP Coordinator to get a better idea of my personality and history. Some of the questions included "Why do you want to work for Abbott Labs" and "What experience do you have that can contribute to this position?". After that I was scheduled for an on-site interview that was in the group/panel style with three leads in the program. There were a lot of behavioral questions, as well as some technical ones.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an instance where you had to learn a new technology in order to complete a project or assignment?   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2012.

It is best to start as a contractor when trying to get into the company. I worked for a contractor for eight months and they kept extending my contract. If you are a hard worker they will look out for jobs for you and try to get you in. Once a position opened up they encouraged me to apply and I did. I was then asked to interview in a group interview session with three people asking me question all who were going to be management. Within a week I received a phone call to let me know what the decision was.

Interview Questions
    • What are your flaws or weak points? Who was your most difficult boss?   Answer Question
    Always ask for something more. (That's what the HR representative told me to do)

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2012.

I originally interviewed in January 2012 and was told I was their top candidate. However, after 7 weeks the position was unfortunatelly cancelled. I decided to keep in touch with the recruiter and I was contacted again in May 2012 for a second interview for another position. I interviewed and I was offered the position. First interview in Jan was with 4 managers and the second interview was with 3 managers. 1 on 1 discussions for about an hour each. Managers were super friendly and very comforting. It was a nice, casual interview. No behavioral questions, no accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions
    There really was no negotiations. I told them what I wanted and I received an offer which exceeded my expectations.