Abbott Labs

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

Interview Details – Overall, the HR team is diligent and thorough. The interviewer must be spot on, not once but numerous times throughout the interview process.
1. Initial contact: Telephone interview
2. Interview: with HR rep alone
3. Interview: Depending on the schedules of the directors/asst. directors, you may have individual or group interviews consisting of (3-4). Each department has their preference.
If it's an individual interview, each one will be scheduled for 45 min. You will go from one interview to the next. If it's a group interview, it's scheduled for 45-60 minutes.
4. A call back for the job offer (in my case-took almost a week)

Interview Question – All of the questions were common, however they stress situational questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2012.

Interview Details – I recieved a call one week after application was submitted. I went in for an interview 1st with direct manager, then group panel, finally with another manager. Wasn't so bad except I had my first at 8am then the other interviews scheduled for later in the day around 230pm. So I had most of the day spent there, oh did I mention this location is 20mils or so away from home?They asked typical questions. Alot of behavior. I came back in for a second interview the next day to see one person. Took them a VERY long time to get back to me by phone(approx 1mth later) in which I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with someone from the corporate office. First phone call was to schedule a phone interview. Second interview was the actual interview. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes. Since the person conducting the interview was from corporate they didn't know any details about the position. It was very formal and serious. It took a long time for them to get back to me.

Interview Question – Describe a typical day?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abbott Labs

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abbott Labs Administrative Assistant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abbott Labs employees and interview candidates.