Abbott Labs

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2011.

Interview Details – 1-hour phone interview which consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. Obtained the interview with the assistance of a staffing agency that contacted me directly after finding my profile online (probably either through LinkedIn or Monster) and submitted me for consideration at Abbott. Interviewer asked fair questions and was candid, with honest discussion about the position, required qualifications, and other candidates.

Interview Question – What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a screening and consisted of a behavioral interview. There was no particular position I was interviewing for. The questions were typical for a behavioral interview. I advise that if you interview on campus you should also apply to positions online and not rely on the representative getting back to you.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where there was a disagreement in a group and how you resolved the disagreement.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in December 2010.

Interview Details – I participated in a job fair held in Temecula for Abbot and was given two interviews with about 1 hour in between them. The first interview was conducted by a woman who seemed to follow a very rigid interview script comprised of back to back behavioral questions. The second was performed by a gentlemen who seemed to be eager to talk more about boats then the actual job. Although the second person seemed very positive, giving me his card with his personal cell number written on the back, the first lady must not have been very impressed. No request to meet for a second round of interviews was made.

Interview Question – How would you handle a co-worker coming in late habitually.   View Answers (2)

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had a great interview. I have not heard back from them. Seems like they like to take their time with everything. Took them over two weeks to get an interview schedule out. Had three revisions prior to the interview.

Interview Question – Star questions   View Answer

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was sent an emailed questionnaire to fill out. Approximately two weeks went by before my first panel interview. There was practically zero eye contact, because the interviewers were reading behavioral scenarios from paper. Another two weeks go by. I had another panel interview.

Interview Question – What are your three biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Subpar. There was no explanation of the job titles, job levels, and job grades.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abbott Labs

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abbott Labs Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abbott Labs employees and interview candidates.