Abbott Labs Finance Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I was initially introduced to the company through a presentation they gave in an accounting club I was involved with. After that, they also donated scholarship money to the club, which I was one of the receipients of. I got to know one of the managers there who took a proactive approach in trying to get to know the students and expose them to Abbott.

after that, during fall recruiting, I was accepted for the interview. The structure of their interview consisted of two management level executives interviewing you. One was more involved in the intern/FPDP program, while the other focused more on the operations of the business as a whole on the financial side. Their interview was very standard in the questions they would ask, such as work experience and such. What I found peculiar was their strong focus on asking me about my failures/a-time-I-was-uncomfortable, which threw me off track a bit, making me deliver less than satisfactory answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you initially started something that didn't turn out the way you expected, making you change your approach mid-way through?   Answer Question