Abbott Labs Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a Career Fair of a professional Conference. I received an interview slot for the following morning as an on-site interview. The interview was in typical behavioral STAR form. It was about 30 minutes long, and my interviewer was personable. I was told to also apply online in addition to completing the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to bend the rules.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abbott Labs

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Columbus, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

First I had a brief phone interview, then I interviewed with 3 different managers at their offices

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Waukegan, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Very thorough followup by the HR- from calling to emailing, the recruiter contacts you about every detail, which is really great in my opinion. From reserving the flight to details of the orientation, Abbott HR contacts you weeks in advance of the start date! They offer paid stay in Marriott courtyard during the 3-month internship, and grad students can get their own studio there. Many perks to being an intern at abbott.

Interview Questions

• What were the most challenging projects you worked on, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Basic interview questions with a little more detail. Flows like a conversation while still being strategic and specific for skills

Interview Questions

• What will you contribute to the company. Always important.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2012.

Interview

Did a resume drop at the career fair and was able to apply for the position on the spot. Was emailed later about an in-person interview. 2 1:1 at career center - the interviewers were very personable and it was all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone who had a difficult personality?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2010.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Interview was offered after submitting a resume to the career center and to Abbott's website. Interview was a one on one with a senior engineer who helped hire interns. Interview was behavioral and lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2009.

Interview

I had one interview, which was a 1:1 with a friendly Abbott vascular hiring manager. After asking me 2 simple questions, he asked me whether or not I would be available to come back for a second interview later that day, which I said yes to. Apparently the second interview confirmed that I got the job and was simply an interview planning out logistics about where I would like to be placed and so on.