Abbott Labs

Updated Feb 18, 2015

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

The process was lengthy. There was a phone interview and then several hours of in-person interviews, including a lunch meeting. The people were interesting to meet with and they were from a variety of areas in the company. They were helpful in answering my questions. I also found the process to be very well organized.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some questions about interpretation of loan agreements   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abbott Labs.

It took place over several weeks. Phone then Panel Interview, followed by a 1 on 1 interview.
    The interview were first from HR. Then Manager had a detail Interview. Technical interview by a technician.

Retail Customer Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

I was hired from within the company, so there was no interview questions. My manager at the time just called me into their office and offered me the job. Everyday you work at your job is an interview.

No negotiation

Consumer Relations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Very easy and fast. Sit down with an employee then move to a panel interview that lead to your typical interview question that lasted about 45 minutes. Very easy interview, they made you feel relaxed and welcomed. Very friendly staff.

Interview Questions
    • Volunteer work and why did you pick that organization to work with.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abbott Labs.

My resume was internally passed onto to the employer by a contact of mine currently working in Abbott Diagnostics. I had an informal phone interview followed by an on-site interview. I had two back to back interviews with a 1) a group of the senior associate scientists and 2) the supervisors of the position. The team was extremely warm and not intimidating. I came in very prepared with a portfolio of my research experiences and they were impressed with it right from the start. The key was just being yourself. Abbott is looking to hire people not qualifications. The interviewer came right out and said they were looking for someone whose personality would fit into the team. I was asked some technical questions because this is a scientist job, but I had prepared for those and was not caught off guard by them. It is important to know your resume; they want to see that you actually did all the experiences you wrote about.

One point of advice: Abbott park is very big and complicated. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to find the building. I got to Abbott park an hour before my interview and that was the perfect amount of time because I did end up getting lost a few times trying to find the building.

Some questions they really appreciated were:
    1) What does a successful year in the position look like?
    2) What brought you to Abbott and why have you stayed for so many years?

Both questions got the interviewers really excited and ended the interview on a really positive note.

They take a while to get back to you. I was told they would get back to me in a week but did not hear from them until 2.5 weeks later. I emailed the team at around 2 weeks to follow-up and see if they required references and then the next day received a phone call I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were in a conflict with a superior at work and how you handled it?
      Talk about a time when you changed a process or practice at work and how you persuaded others to follow?
      What is the most important quality a scientist should have?

View Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

I applied online through their website. After 10 days, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was asked questions related to the skill set required for the job primarily in C++. After a month, I had onsite interview with four of the employees. I was skeptical that they would fly me down as the interview schedule showed only one hour duration. HR confirmed it was just a convenient way to have me meet with multiple people in a shorter amount of time. Most of the interview was conducted by only one software engineer. A senior manager primarily acted as a time keeper. I had 5 mins to ask any questions.

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Got called by recruiter and went to the interview and answered various questions about my history.Talked to the trainer for the position, had a long discussion about my work experience and the specifics of the position and what the day to day related tasks would be for this position, was specified that it was only a contract opportunity. The trainer was really good at explaining the day to day tasks and what work had to be completed, provided a lot of information and worked with me for the work that had to be completed when the job started.

Interview Questions
    • What experience you have concerning the job you are applying for?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

two interviews, one with manager, another is tech interview. then the HR connected me to tell me the offer, then i have to sign a lot of forms and take a test. just talked about your experience, not asked the tech problems.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2014.

I submitted my resume at a Career Fair of a professional Conference. I received an interview slot for the following morning as an on-site interview. The interview was in typical behavioral STAR form. It was about 30 minutes long, and my interviewer was personable. I was told to also apply online in addition to completing the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to bend the rules.   Answer Question

Information Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Abbott Labs.

You may first interview with a Personnel vendor such as; Manpower. Once interviewed with the direct company you will have a chance to tour the facility. Meet and greet other employee staff members then the talk about your experience etc all relevant.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years   View Answer