Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

Microbiologist Interview

Interview

The interview was a normal interview. The manager was laid back and easy to talk to. Several team members also participated in the interview and asked typical interview questions. Overall it was a laid back process.

QCTS Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Edison, NJ).

Interview

It was roughly 3-4 hours interview which has functional and cultural fit questions. It was 1:1 interview with Manager, Assistant Manager and Fellow members followed by HR. Every person took 1/2 hour at the most to interview and escorted me to other person's office.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring on table? Tell me about yourself? What are difficult situation you have faced and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The onsite interview process was laid back and the interviewers probed my current experience. The questions were standard electrical engineering questions. An offer was made the following week and HR didn't have a lot of room to work. Accepted the offer as job is golden in this metro.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in June 2015.

Interview

From initial application to receiving an invitation from the HR to setup a phone screen took about 3 weeks. After the phone screen, it took a few days to hear from the HR again for setting up an in-person. Then everything just happened in the speed of light. I'd say from the submission to receiving an offer took exactly a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing that your manager would like you to work on.   1 Answer

R&D Manager - User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

A senior hiring manager from Abbott Labs reached out to me after one of her recruiters found me on LinkedIn. I was initially really excited to be considered for this position and was looking forward to progressing through the stages to explore mutual fit. The following week she scheduled and cancelled three second-stage phone interviews with me - the first one was cancelled with a couple of minutes' notice, the second she completely missed with no heads-up at all, and responded a couple of hours later with an apology and asked to reschedule. The third time she gave me exactly the two hours' notice I requested for future cancellations, and after I responded, she never followed up with me again. This was by far the worst recruitment/interview set-up I've ever had.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Was a standard interview process where you went to a meeting room and different people came in to interview. Interviewed with the manager and then a sr. manager.. I wasn't sure how the interview went but was offered the job after 3 months. The interview was long.

Interview Questions

• The interview had basic interview questions that you would expect in an interview. The interviewer basically wanted to see if you wanted the job and your drive.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Had to drive out to their location to interview and met with their group and learned about who they make and how they make it. And their products and what I may possible be doing in the future with them if they I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your weak and strong points   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abbott Labs (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter. Initially, I talked to someone from their HR department and this person arranged my screenings/interviews. I then had two separate phone screenings with the hiring manger and a statistician. Both asked questions about my expertise in Statistics.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Type I, II, and III Errors?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important assumption to check in Cox Proportional Hazards Modeling?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person panel interview consisting of 3 interviews with 2 people each. They all asked basic behavioral interview questions. Finally, there was a follow-up interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encouraged a coworker, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was lengthy. There was a phone interview and then several hours of in-person interviews, including a lunch meeting. The people were interesting to meet with and they were from a variety of areas in the company. They were helpful in answering my questions. I also found the process to be very well organized.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some questions about interpretation of loan agreements   Answer Question