Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

Microbiologist Interview

Interview

The interview was a normal interview. The manager was laid back and easy to talk to. Several team members also participated in the interview and asked typical interview questions. Overall it was a laid back process.

QCTS Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Edison, NJ).

Interview

It was roughly 3-4 hours interview which has functional and cultural fit questions. It was 1:1 interview with Manager, Assistant Manager and Fellow members followed by HR. Every person took 1/2 hour at the most to interview and escorted me to other person's office.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring on table? Tell me about yourself? What are difficult situation you have faced and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The onsite interview process was laid back and the interviewers probed my current experience. The questions were standard electrical engineering questions. An offer was made the following week and HR didn't have a lot of room to work. Accepted the offer as job is golden in this metro.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs in June 2015.

Interview

From initial application to receiving an invitation from the HR to setup a phone screen took about 3 weeks. After the phone screen, it took a few days to hear from the HR again for setting up an in-person. Then everything just happened in the speed of light. I'd say from the submission to receiving an offer took exactly a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing that your manager would like you to work on.   1 Answer

R&D Manager - User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

A senior hiring manager from Abbott Labs reached out to me after one of her recruiters found me on LinkedIn. I was initially really excited to be considered for this position and was looking forward to progressing through the stages to explore mutual fit. The following week she scheduled and cancelled three second-stage phone interviews with me - the first one was cancelled with a couple of minutes' notice, the second she completely missed with no heads-up at all, and responded a couple of hours later with an apology and asked to reschedule. The third time she gave me exactly the two hours' notice I requested for future cancellations, and after I responded, she never followed up with me again. This was by far the worst recruitment/interview set-up I've ever had.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Was a standard interview process where you went to a meeting room and different people came in to interview. Interviewed with the manager and then a sr. manager.. I wasn't sure how the interview went but was offered the job after 3 months. The interview was long.

Interview Questions

• The interview had basic interview questions that you would expect in an interview. The interviewer basically wanted to see if you wanted the job and your drive.   Answer Question

Chemist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty fast. Submitted my resume through 3rd party recruiting agency, got offer in 2 weeks. I attended 3 different interviews with team leaders of 3 different groups in 2 days (applied for 3 positions). People were very friendly, had a chance to get a tour through facility in 2 cases of 3.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Lake Forest, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

took a month form phone to in-person interview. Went 2 times to meet different managers and team members. Took them couple of days after the whole process to offer the job. After that the recruitment process was easy. Typical health screen, background check and paperwork, all goes pretty smooth.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Had to drive out to their location to interview and met with their group and learned about who they make and how they make it. And their products and what I may possible be doing in the future with them if they I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your weak and strong points   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very chilled out as it was for a contract position. They wanted someone in their Doc Control group who could be a good fit. They wanted someone who was detail oriented and who had a sense of humour

Interview Questions

• What would you do on a Saturday Afternoon?   1 Answer