Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Got called by recruiter and went to the interview and answered various questions about my history.Talked to the trainer for the position, had a long discussion about my work experience and the specifics of the position and what the day to day related tasks would be for this position, was specified that it was only a contract opportunity. The trainer was really good at explaining the day to day tasks and what work had to be completed, provided a lot of information and worked with me for the work that had to be completed when the job started.

Interview Questions
    • What experience you have concerning the job you are applying for?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

two interviews, one with manager, another is tech interview. then the HR connected me to tell me the offer, then i have to sign a lot of forms and take a test. just talked about your experience, not asked the tech problems.

Information Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Abbott Labs.

You may first interview with a Personnel vendor such as; Manpower. Once interviewed with the direct company you will have a chance to tour the facility. Meet and greet other employee staff members then the talk about your experience etc all relevant.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

This has all changed you can no longer be hired if you live in the US. Both Abbott and Abbvi are not hiring. They are contracting all IT work. Applying to these companies is a waste of time.

Senior Scientist Interview

Phone followed by one day onsite, mostly standard stuff. Hiring manager went into great extend to make me understand the roles and responsibility. Also the younger staff was forth coming with work environment,

No negotiation

CAPA QA Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

I have interviewed with the Abbott Nutritional plant in Alta Vista, VA twice. The first for a job that I had no experience with (production management), and the second for a CAPA QA position which I have a LOT of experience with. The first time I rotated around to several different people. The second time I was in one room with 4 different people. Both times the questions were from Targeted Selection.

Interview Questions
    • I find all Targeted Selection questions hard because you have to give examples and there is a certain pattern to your answers that they are looking for. I find the question "give me an example of how you have been innovative" to be a hard one because what is considered innovative at one company may be common place at another company.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Applied through campus recruiting. One round of interview on campus with a person from the management and an HR. Basic behavioral questions.
    They called back with response the next day, and invited people who got an offer to their site visit, which was great.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2014.

The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question
    I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

IT Summer Worker Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abbott Labs.

It took awhile to hear back from them. It was very stressful.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. It was already plenty of money per hour.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2014.

Very thorough and straightforward. This was a very professional environment and all of the people I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed my interactions with them and would have loved being a member of their team.

Interview Questions
    • None, all were conducive to the posted position and the experience they were seeking to fulfill the requirements.   Answer Question