Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Scientist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

I received a phone call that my resume was being considered, and that I was a perfect fit for the job. Within 2 weeks they scheduled me for an interview. They did not send me the extensive interview packet until 4 pm the day before the interview which I found very unprofessional.

The interview was 7 hours (and I met with over 40 people) which I find excessive. The questions in the interview were very redunant, and the interviewers seemed unprepared, or inexperienced conducting an interview.

Multiple times throughout the interview the conversation came out of the split up of Abbott, and the employees seemed very upset about it. I thought this was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • If you believe in a project you are working on, and your supervisor does not, how do you convince them to let you continue spending time on it?   Answer Question

Systems Analystles Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2011.

Very difficult and with 5 people in 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Draw me in a paper the Health department system of Puerto Rico   View Answer
    • Tel me an experience were you could not achieve a goal from base . What did you did ?   View Answer
    No negotiation - standard package for manpower contract employee - no option for a 20 year old contract !!!

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bahāwalpur, Punjab (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bahāwalpur, Punjab (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2010.

First District Sales manager take interview then he referred to Sales manager then Training Manager and at the end Human resource department.

Interview Questions
    Be prepare about company,about job for which you are going to interview and your subject knowledge.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2011.

Its a hit or miss as they look to hire weak candidates. If youre a minority you will need to be interviewed by a minority to get the job. The women seem to get into positions of authority

Interview Questions
    You can't negotiate anything as a CONTRACTOR

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in December 2011.

Two full day interviews with multiple people including senior management. First interview was with direct manager as well as other managers that I would be working with closely. When called back for second interview it was more relaxed for part of the day, lunch with co-workers to-be second half of day interview with high level management (directors).

Entire interview process was planned out well, was given an itinerary with names and titles which helped.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions, very thorough and professional.   Answer Question
    They made a very reasonable offer and I accepted. I was offered exactly what I was seeking.

Dstrict Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in June 2012.

Begins with a 30 minute phone screen by recruiter. Selected candidates then interview with Regional manager via phone for 30-45 minutes. 3-5 candidates advance to live interview with Regional Manager- typically 1-2 hours. May also include a panel interview with 2-3 other Regional Managers. Final 1-2 candidates receive a 1 hour interview with Regional manager before final offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important business risk if you have taken?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

Overall, the HR team is diligent and thorough. The interviewer must be spot on, not once but numerous times throughout the interview process.
    1. Initial contact: Telephone interview
    2. Interview: with HR rep alone
    3. Interview: Depending on the schedules of the directors/asst. directors, you may have individual or group interviews consisting of (3-4). Each department has their preference.
    If it's an individual interview, each one will be scheduled for 45 min. You will go from one interview to the next. If it's a group interview, it's scheduled for 45-60 minutes.
    4. A call back for the job offer (in my case-took almost a week)

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were common, however they stress situational questions.   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbott Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview process was succint and informative. Very well-organized. I had a very positive experience.

Easy and short.

Therapy Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

firstly written exam then 3 round of interview then finally HR interview round

no negotitation

Field Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2009.

I was contacted through a recruiter who then set up interviews with 2 district managers. The questions were more business strategy focused as opposed to sales. There were quite a few STAR questions. I was moved on to meet with the Regional Manager. The process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you strategize your business?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!