Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2011.

Interview

They used an approach that focused on behaviors. I want not entirely prepared for these questions. The interviewer was seeking examples to specific situations, some of which I did not have a lot of experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you sought assistance to solve a problem.   Answer Question

seeking other opportunities.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview, full day assessment that was composed of 5 presentations including 2 group exercise, 1000 candidates, 120 interviewed, 30 was chosen for the full day assessment, and there were 2 vacancies

R&D Manager - User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

A senior hiring manager from Abbott Labs reached out to me after one of her recruiters found me on LinkedIn. I was initially really excited to be considered for this position and was looking forward to progressing through the stages to explore mutual fit.

The following week she scheduled and cancelled three second-stage phone interviews with me - the first one was cancelled with a couple of minutes' notice, the second she completely missed with no heads-up at all, and responded a couple of hours later with an apology and asked to reschedule. The third time she gave me exactly the two hours' notice I requested for future cancellations, and after I responded, she never followed up with me again. This was by far the worst recruitment/interview set-up I've ever had.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The onsite interview process was laid back and the interviewers probed my current experience. The questions were standard electrical engineering questions. An offer was made the following week and HR didn't have a lot of room to work. Accepted the offer as job is golden in this metro.

Nutrition Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It wasn't that long one... Basically had 3 rounds.
    First was basic aptitude test followed by an interview with the area manager ... Next day was called got final interview with regional Head of west zone. He tested me whether I would sustain a sales job being a girl.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abbott Labs (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter. Initially, I talked to someone from their HR department and this person arranged my screenings/interviews. I then had two separate phone screenings with the hiring manger and a statistician. Both asked questions about my expertise in Statistics.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Type I, II, and III Errors?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important assumption to check in Cox Proportional Hazards Modeling?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Was a standard interview process where you went to a meeting room and different people came in to interview. Interviewed with the manager and then a sr. manager..

I wasn't sure how the interview went but was offered the job after 3 months. The interview was long.

Interview Questions

• The interview had basic interview questions that you would expect in an interview. The interviewer basically wanted to see if you wanted the job and your drive.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Had to drive out to their location to interview and met with their group and learned about who they make and how they make it. And their products and what I may possible be doing in the future with them if they I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your weak and strong points   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs (New Delhi (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

easy questions were asked about pharmacy and biology general family background was asked they only wanted to confirm that I will be able to do the job or not since it is sales

Interview Questions

• Will you be comfortable with sales job since its tough ?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was rushed; interviewer felt unsure of herself; interviewer was not well prepared; overall it was not a positive experience; the team did not seem to gel well; interview was rushed and that is all that I have to add