Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was phone screen, f2f with Regional Manager. Compared to similar companies, Interview was very unstructured and very easy. RM was very "old school" and didn't seem to even care as long as he filled open positions. Total interview time for f2f was less than half hour.

Interview Question – Why did you get laid off at last company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they started low, I negotiated up $10k on salary.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Abbott Labs

Interview Details – friendly interview, no real hardball questions but do know the industry and role.
Logisitcs are a pain (getting the interview) and also hearing back from them

Negotiation Details – slow

Development Program Interview

Development Program
Abbott Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was a summer intern who was about to graduate, and I knew that I wanted to work at Abbott. So I applied for one of their development programs. The process was pretty straightforward because most of the time they draw on their intern pool for their development programs; I simply received an email from an HR rep and said that I wanted to interview. The interview was timed to take place when all the interns who were interviewing would be at HQ for Intern Week. We interviewed in small groups with a 3 different managers/directors and the questions were all pretty basic behavioral questions. However, you're under the radar the entire time you're there; they have an HR person watching you in the waiting room and during Intern Week there are activities in which they seem to be watching and observing you and how you interact with others.

Interview Question – - Tell me about a time in which you had to lead a complex project. What made that project difficult? What were your results?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Statistician
Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2013.

Interview Details – One person interviewed me on the phone. After a week he called me for face to face interview. Four people, one person on conference interviewed me. They asked me many questions about Base SAS and some statistics questions. They went through my resume and asked me about the projects I did. They asked me if I have a plan to continue my education. They ask specific SAS questions; SAS functions, macro, some data step and proc step questions.

Interview Question – I don't remember specific questions but someone with SAS certificate will get the job for sure.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

Interview Details – Overall, the HR team is diligent and thorough. The interviewer must be spot on, not once but numerous times throughout the interview process.
1. Initial contact: Telephone interview
2. Interview: with HR rep alone
3. Interview: Depending on the schedules of the directors/asst. directors, you may have individual or group interviews consisting of (3-4). Each department has their preference.
If it's an individual interview, each one will be scheduled for 45 min. You will go from one interview to the next. If it's a group interview, it's scheduled for 45-60 minutes.
4. A call back for the job offer (in my case-took almost a week)

Interview Question – All of the questions were common, however they stress situational questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lotus Notes Administrator Interview

Lotus Notes Administrator
Abbott Park, IL

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went very smoothly. I made one visit to them and got a job offer right away.

Interview Question – There weren't any such questions.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details – I was contacted on a Friday afternoon from the Illinois HR department about a phone interview that took place the following Tuesday with someone who worked within the Dallas branch. The interview itself was very straight forward and there seemed to be no tricks to the question. Most of the questions were behavioral questions. I thought I did well on the interview, but I think the ended up going with someone who had more experience for the entry level position.

Interview Question – Some questions ask for more personal experiences with the tasks and material the job entailed. Since the job description was a little vague, I wasn't as prepared for those questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Customer Service Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, best to upload individualized resume & cover letter. Field service and technical writing preferred. Ability to work with a large cross functional team during design, testing and production of laboratory equipment. 5+ years of experience in laboratory environment. BS or military experience.

Interview Question – Online submission and waiting response.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was low.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2010.

Interview Details – Met R&D director at a job fair at a conference. He/she was very interested and asked me to email a resume.

Interview Question – I didn't really look into interviewing ethics, but I was asked a few illegal questions. I was asked if I were married and whether or not I was a US citizen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a lower salary than I expected with potential for more money if I met certain conditions. I told them I had another offer, and they guaranteed that I will receive the extra money even if I didn't meet those conditions.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Lake Forest, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Basic interview questions. Interview lasted 4 hrs. Met with 5 people