Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL).

Interview

Got called by recruiter and went to the interview and answered various questions about my history.Talked to the trainer for the position, had a long discussion about my work experience and the specifics of the position and what the day to day related tasks would be for this position, was specified that it was only a contract opportunity. The trainer was really good at explaining the day to day tasks and what work had to be completed, provided a lot of information and worked with me for the work that had to be completed when the job started.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have concerning the job you are applying for?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

two interviews, one with manager, another is tech interview. then the HR connected me to tell me the offer, then i have to sign a lot of forms and take a test. just talked about your experience, not asked the tech problems.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a Career Fair of a professional Conference. I received an interview slot for the following morning as an on-site interview. The interview was in typical behavioral STAR form. It was about 30 minutes long, and my interviewer was personable. I was told to also apply online in addition to completing the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to bend the rules.   Answer Question

Information Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

You may first interview with a Personnel vendor such as; Manpower. Once interviewed with the direct company you will have a chance to tour the facility. Meet and greet other employee staff members then the talk about your experience etc all relevant.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years   1 Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

This has all changed you can no longer be hired if you live in the US. Both Abbott and Abbvi are not hiring. They are contracting all IT work. Applying to these companies is a waste of time.

Senior Scientist Interview

Interview

Phone followed by one day onsite, mostly standard stuff. Hiring manager went into great extend to make me understand the roles and responsibility. Also the younger staff was forth coming with work environment,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

CAPA QA Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I have interviewed with the Abbott Nutritional plant in Alta Vista, VA twice. The first for a job that I had no experience with (production management), and the second for a CAPA QA position which I have a LOT of experience with. The first time I rotated around to several different people. The second time I was in one room with 4 different people. Both times the questions were from Targeted Selection.

Interview Questions

• I find all Targeted Selection questions hard because you have to give examples and there is a certain pattern to your answers that they are looking for. I find the question "give me an example of how you have been innovative" to be a hard one because what is considered innovative at one company may be common place at another company.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. One round of interview on campus with a person from the management and an HR. Basic behavioral questions. They called back with response the next day, and invited people who got an offer to their site visit, which was great.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

IT Summer Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

It took awhile to hear back from them. It was very stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. It was already plenty of money per hour.