Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern In Human Resources Interview

Intern In Human Resources
Abbott Park, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details – It was a very well organized interview process and really not that bad. There were 3 back to back interviews in one afternoon. They asked a lot of typical questions, such as walking them through my resume and experience, and to recount experiences related to teamwork, leadership, handling conflict etc. Basically each interviewer will use different wording to ask about the same competencies so that they can rate you. Just be prepared to be consistent and have some solid examples from your work history ready to discuss.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you disagreed with others that you were working with and how you handled it   Answer Question

MBA Intern Interview

MBA Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of networking events, kissing up to many people within the company to prove your "love". Actual interview process began long before the interview - with romancing the company, networking, etc. On the day of the interview - two 1:1 interviews, mostly behavioral. Overall, not a bad experience but too much emphasis is placed on networking rather than skill, potential, experience.

Interview Question – "I see your hobby is XX. I am a Venture Capitalist. You are opening a XX business. Tell me why I should invest in your company"   View Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Temecula, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details – The interview was in three rounds. It was pretty simple and straight forward. It was purely behavioral questions that focused on my leadership experience. The Professional Development Program is geared towards leaders in the sense. In my experience, unless you are an intern or have someone to contact.

Interview Question – Straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Abbott Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The phone interview was with the manager and the questions were pretty standard. We went over my resume and discussed how my qualifications/experience matched the position. About two weeks later, I was brought into the office for a telepresence interview with the person I spoke to for the phone interview as well as his manager. They talked a lot about the background of the division and the position description. The questions to me were similar to my phone interview--it seemed like the interview was mostly for the benefit of the manager's manager. Later that day, the manager called and offered me the job. I accepted.

Interview Question – The questions were all pretty typical. One question was about how I would communicate with members of the IT department. This was difficult only because I was confused as to how this would be any different than communicating with anyone else.   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist
Abbott Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details – Interview process was succint and informative. Very well-organized. I had a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Intensive questions that required a moment to think!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and short.

Senior IT Program Manager Interview

Senior IT Program Manager
North Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2012.

Interview Details – Way to stretched and several weeks and then eternal wait to hear Y/N. It baffles me that dozen people scrutinize you and end up spending several weeks and nothing comes out of it. In the meantime you also lose other opportunities. It is puzzling.

Interview Question – Not much of difficulty just have relevant skills and be balanced.   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Accounting Technician
Abbott Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2012.

Interview Details – It is best to start as a contractor when trying to get into the company. I worked for a contractor for eight months and they kept extending my contract. If you are a hard worker they will look out for jobs for you and try to get you in. Once a position opened up they encouraged me to apply and I did. I was then asked to interview in a group interview session with three people asking me question all who were going to be management. Within a week I received a phone call to let me know what the decision was.

Interview Question – What are your flaws or weak points? Who was your most difficult boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always ask for something more. (That's what the HR representative told me to do)

Cost Analyst Interview

Cost Analyst
Abbott Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2012.

Interview Details – Started with an online application on the company's website and a call from the recruiter from Abbott on a 10-min screening about one or two weeks later. There was only one on-site (final) interview with 4 people (one by one). All behavioral questions in the on-site interview. The whole process took about a month.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They gave me what I want.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2012.

Interview Details – Had a couple of brief phone interviews and the a face-to-face. It was a behavioral interview with two interviewers. I felt the in-person interview was poorly paced; they rushed me through answers that required a bit of explanation and seemed to be looking for more to questions that seemed simple (and ridiculous).

Interview Question – Name a time when you were able to personally capitalize on a situation at work.   View Answers (2)

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2011.

Interview Details – Its a hit or miss as they look to hire weak candidates. If youre a minority you will need to be interviewed by a minority to get the job. The women seem to get into positions of authority

Interview Question – Just expect the unexpected   Answer Question