Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

Senior IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2012.

Way to stretched and several weeks and then eternal wait to hear Y/N. It baffles me that dozen people scrutinize you and end up spending several weeks and nothing comes out of it. In the meantime you also lose other opportunities. It is puzzling.

Interview Questions
    • Not much of difficulty just have relevant skills and be balanced.   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2012.

It is best to start as a contractor when trying to get into the company. I worked for a contractor for eight months and they kept extending my contract. If you are a hard worker they will look out for jobs for you and try to get you in. Once a position opened up they encouraged me to apply and I did. I was then asked to interview in a group interview session with three people asking me question all who were going to be management. Within a week I received a phone call to let me know what the decision was.

Interview Questions
    • What are your flaws or weak points? Who was your most difficult boss?   Answer Question
    Always ask for something more. (That's what the HR representative told me to do)

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2012.

Started with an online application on the company's website and a call from the recruiter from Abbott on a 10-min screening about one or two weeks later. There was only one on-site (final) interview with 4 people (one by one). All behavioral questions in the on-site interview. The whole process took about a month.

No negotiation. They gave me what I want.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2012.

Had a couple of brief phone interviews and the a face-to-face. It was a behavioral interview with two interviewers. I felt the in-person interview was poorly paced; they rushed me through answers that required a bit of explanation and seemed to be looking for more to questions that seemed simple (and ridiculous).

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were able to personally capitalize on a situation at work.   View Answers (2)

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2011.

Its a hit or miss as they look to hire weak candidates. If youre a minority you will need to be interviewed by a minority to get the job. The women seem to get into positions of authority

Interview Questions
    You can't negotiate anything as a CONTRACTOR

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Camden, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Phone call, then face-to-face, then offer. All done by hiring DM. The people have all changed, so I'm not sure the value of this information at this point.

Comparing Abbott to Janssen: I had some great managers at both companies. I felt that the Janssen DMs were very consistent--you pretty much knew what you were going to get. There wasn't much variation. However, Abbott had some great DMs and some very weak management. Unfortunately because of relatively frequent re-organizations, you couldn't be sure which one was coming next.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember if any question caught me off guard. My hiring manager was more interested in checking personality mesh with himself. The regional manager suprised me, because he was the rubber stamp that I had grown used to in the pharma sales interview process, he didn't act like he was in favor of hiring you. He had a very good poker-face. that regional manager later became my DM and was one of the best bosses I ever worked for in corporate america.   Answer Question
    Yes, I moved from a management capacity to take this job, so they matched my base.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2012.

I originally interviewed in January 2012 and was told I was their top candidate. However, after 7 weeks the position was unfortunatelly cancelled. I decided to keep in touch with the recruiter and I was contacted again in May 2012 for a second interview for another position. I interviewed and I was offered the position. First interview in Jan was with 4 managers and the second interview was with 3 managers. 1 on 1 discussions for about an hour each. Managers were super friendly and very comforting. It was a nice, casual interview. No behavioral questions, no accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions
    There really was no negotiations. I told them what I wanted and I received an offer which exceeded my expectations.

Global Command Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2012.

This was a fourth in person interview, and second telephone interview. The first two interviews were with the original hiring manager, and the third interview was with the original hiring manager and his supervisor. Since the overall hiring process began in May of 2011, by January of 2012 when I attended the fourth and final interview the hiring manager had changed, and both the advertised (as well as originally discussed) work shift and salary had changed as well. The new hiring manager was an internal transfer, and did not appear to be comfortable either interviewing, or describing what his expectations were for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Same behavioral questions as previously; describe a time you had a problem with a boss, what did you do, etc.   Answer Question

The offered salary, benefits and work schedule had shifted from the original posting.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2011.

Interview was arranged by the recruiting agency. When I got there they said that the person interviewing me was out that day so another team lead would interview me. That person said they did not know what the position is for so they could not tell much. Then they asked me a few questions and then the interview was over and they said they would get back to me. The recruiter never got back to me. I had to call them to find out that someone else was hired.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2012.

Four on one interview utilizing a white board to describe past projects.

Interview Questions
    • Draw the UML diagram for the project you completed two years ago.   Answer Question