Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Camden, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details – Phone call, then face-to-face, then offer. All done by hiring DM. The people have all changed, so I'm not sure the value of this information at this point.

Comparing Abbott to Janssen: I had some great managers at both companies. I felt that the Janssen DMs were very consistent--you pretty much knew what you were going to get. There wasn't much variation. However, Abbott had some great DMs and some very weak management. Unfortunately because of relatively frequent re-organizations, you couldn't be sure which one was coming next.

Interview Question – I don't remember if any question caught me off guard. My hiring manager was more interested in checking personality mesh with himself. The regional manager suprised me, because he was the rubber stamp that I had grown used to in the pharma sales interview process, he didn't act like he was in favor of hiring you. He had a very good poker-face. that regional manager later became my DM and was one of the best bosses I ever worked for in corporate america.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I moved from a management capacity to take this job, so they matched my base.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Abbott Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2012.

Interview Details – I originally interviewed in January 2012 and was told I was their top candidate. However, after 7 weeks the position was unfortunatelly cancelled. I decided to keep in touch with the recruiter and I was contacted again in May 2012 for a second interview for another position. I interviewed and I was offered the position. First interview in Jan was with 4 managers and the second interview was with 3 managers. 1 on 1 discussions for about an hour each. Managers were super friendly and very comforting. It was a nice, casual interview. No behavioral questions, no accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiations. I told them what I wanted and I received an offer which exceeded my expectations.

Global Command Center Interview

Global Command Center
Abbott Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2012.

Interview Details – This was a fourth in person interview, and second telephone interview. The first two interviews were with the original hiring manager, and the third interview was with the original hiring manager and his supervisor. Since the overall hiring process began in May of 2011, by January of 2012 when I attended the fourth and final interview the hiring manager had changed, and both the advertised (as well as originally discussed) work shift and salary had changed as well. The new hiring manager was an internal transfer, and did not appear to be comfortable either interviewing, or describing what his expectations were for the position.

Interview Question – Same behavioral questions as previously; describe a time you had a problem with a boss, what did you do, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offered salary, benefits and work schedule had shifted from the original posting.

QA Interview

QA
Alameda, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was arranged by the recruiting agency. When I got there they said that the person interviewing me was out that day so another team lead would interview me. That person said they did not know what the position is for so they could not tell much. Then they asked me a few questions and then the interview was over and they said they would get back to me. The recruiter never got back to me. I had to call them to find out that someone else was hired.

Interview Question – How do you test a medical device   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2012.

Interview Details – Four on one interview utilizing a white board to describe past projects.

Interview Question – Draw the UML diagram for the project you completed two years ago.   Answer Question

QC Interview

QC
Worcester, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with manager and was offered job over the phone, had 1-1 interview before I started to discuss the job in more depth but at that point I had already been hired. I was hired as a contract employee from Manpower (Abbott offered me the job, then sent my info to Manpower Professional- I was never hired directly by Abbott).

Interview Question – What interests you about Abbott's products?   Answer Question

IT Professional Development Program (ITPDP) Interview

IT Professional Development Program (ITPDP)
Abbott Park, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2012.

Interview Details – I initial had a 1:1 interview at my college with a recruiter from Abbott, which consisted mainly of reviewing my resume and go more in depth with information on the position. Almost a month and a half later I was contacted again and participated in a quick phone interview which was really just a chance for the ITPDP Coordinator to get a better idea of my personality and history. Some of the questions included "Why do you want to work for Abbott Labs" and "What experience do you have that can contribute to this position?". After that I was scheduled for an on-site interview that was in the group/panel style with three leads in the program. There were a lot of behavioral questions, as well as some technical ones.

Interview Question – Tell us about an instance where you had to learn a new technology in order to complete a project or assignment?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Analystles Representative Interview

Systems Analystles Representative
San Juan, PR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very difficult and with 5 people in 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions

• Draw me in a paper the Health department system of Puerto Rico   View Answer
  • Tel me an experience were you could not achieve a goal from base . What did you did ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - standard package for manpower contract employee - no option for a 20 year old contract !!!

Logistics Distribution Interview

Logistics Distribution
North Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR representative who presented me with the salary offered for the position. After 2 weeks I had 2 panel interview, team and managers. Typical questions. Still waiting for feedback.

Interview Question – How do you motivate others?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Abbott Park, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of two, 30 minute interviews. Both of the interviews were with one interviewer. Th questions asked were strictly behavioral, along the lines of "tell me about a time when...?" There was no planned office visit, offers were made right after the interviewers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you a had a team member who did not pull their own weight? How did you motivate that person?   Answer Question