Abbott Labs

Updated Mar 3, 2015

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2011.

The interview consisted of two, 30 minute interviews. Both of the interviews were with one interviewer. Th questions asked were strictly behavioral, along the lines of "tell me about a time when...?" There was no planned office visit, offers were made right after the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you a had a team member who did not pull their own weight? How did you motivate that person?   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2011.

Interview was arranged by the recruiting agency. When I got there they said that the person interviewing me was out that day so another team lead would interview me. That person said they did not know what the position is for so they could not tell much. Then they asked me a few questions and then the interview was over and they said they would get back to me. The recruiter never got back to me. I had to call them to find out that someone else was hired.

Manufacturing PDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

I found out that I had to interview for this position while I was interning. I originally thought that I wouldn't have to do that. I was contacted by someone in HR asking if I was interested in interviewing, I said yes. From there I had more than a month to prepare for my interview and believe me, that's what I spent a lot of my downtime doing. As an intern, as there's no other way to describe it, I feel head over heels in love with Abbott. Great culture, very supportive, you are treated very well, interesting working assignments, I could go on... Anyway, I flew to Chicago to interview around when Abbott hosts an annual intern event, Abbott House (they like to kill two-birds with one stone whenever possible). I was interviewed by three different people, but it was all one-on-one. Each interview was 30 minutes. I can tell you honestly, if you go over 30 minutes, it means you're doing good because (at least hopefully) you're connecting with your interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you worked in a difficult group?   Answer Question
    I probably could have negotiated, but I did not think it was prudent. Mainly because coming straight out of undergrad, you are getting a sweet offer. Think about it... Within the context of becoming a PDP (someone in their professional development program), you're starting at a great salary and all you really are for 2 years before you get placed is a glorified intern. Their benefits are crazy cool too; a LOT better than most other companies. If you get an offer, take it!

Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

I was a summer intern who was about to graduate, and I knew that I wanted to work at Abbott. So I applied for one of their development programs. The process was pretty straightforward because most of the time they draw on their intern pool for their development programs; I simply received an email from an HR rep and said that I wanted to interview. The interview was timed to take place when all the interns who were interviewing would be at HQ for Intern Week. We interviewed in small groups with a 3 different managers/directors and the questions were all pretty basic behavioral questions. However, you're under the radar the entire time you're there; they have an HR person watching you in the waiting room and during Intern Week there are activities in which they seem to be watching and observing you and how you interact with others.

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me about a time in which you had to lead a complex project. What made that project difficult? What were your results?   Answer Question

Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2011.

Just one phone interview; the hiring manager called me, asking me to briefly introduce my research projects (I'm a PhD student), and we discussed a little on the projects I just described. Then I asked about the details of the intern position, like what exactly I'm supposed to do, the stating date, payment, etc.

Interview Questions
    • He didn't ask me any unexpected/hard question, but I was surprised that he can raise some good point in my own research project.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The salary for interns are pretty standard.

Systems Analystles Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2011.

Very difficult and with 5 people in 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Draw me in a paper the Health department system of Puerto Rico   View Answer
    • Tel me an experience were you could not achieve a goal from base . What did you did ?   View Answer
    No negotiation - standard package for manpower contract employee - no option for a 20 year old contract !!!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2011.

First I had a brief phone interview, then I interviewed with 3 different managers at their offices

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2011.

he introduce the project i will work on and ask several technique questions like describe the research you have done.
    quite relaxing

Interview Questions
    know what your research experience well

MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2011.

Lots of networking events, kissing up to many people within the company to prove your "love". Actual interview process began long before the interview - with romancing the company, networking, etc. On the day of the interview - two 1:1 interviews, mostly behavioral. Overall, not a bad experience but too much emphasis is placed on networking rather than skill, potential, experience.

Interview Questions
    • "I see your hobby is XX. I am a Venture Capitalist. You are opening a XX business. Tell me why I should invest in your company"   View Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2011.

Its a hit or miss as they look to hire weak candidates. If youre a minority you will need to be interviewed by a minority to get the job. The women seem to get into positions of authority

Interview Questions
    You can't negotiate anything as a CONTRACTOR