Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

It is best to start as a contractor when trying to get into the company. I worked for a contractor for eight months and they kept extending my contract. If you are a hard worker they will look out for jobs for you and try to get you in. Once a position opened up they encouraged me to apply and I did. I was then asked to interview in a group interview session with three people asking me question all who were going to be management. Within a week I received a phone call to let me know what the decision was.

Interview Questions

• What are your flaws or weak points? Who was your most difficult boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask for something more. (That's what the HR representative told me to do)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Four on one interview utilizing a white board to describe past projects.

Interview Questions

• Draw the UML diagram for the project you completed two years ago.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I originally interviewed in January 2012 and was told I was their top candidate. However, after 7 weeks the position was unfortunatelly cancelled. I decided to keep in touch with the recruiter and I was contacted again in May 2012 for a second interview for another position. I interviewed and I was offered the position. First interview in Jan was with 4 managers and the second interview was with 3 managers. 1 on 1 discussions for about an hour each. Managers were super friendly and very comforting. It was a nice, casual interview. No behavioral questions, no accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiations. I told them what I wanted and I received an offer which exceeded my expectations.

Global Command Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

This was a fourth in person interview, and second telephone interview. The first two interviews were with the original hiring manager, and the third interview was with the original hiring manager and his supervisor. Since the overall hiring process began in May of 2011, by January of 2012 when I attended the fourth and final interview the hiring manager had changed, and both the advertised (as well as originally discussed) work shift and salary had changed as well. The new hiring manager was an internal transfer, and did not appear to be comfortable either interviewing, or describing what his expectations were for the position.

Interview Questions

• Same behavioral questions as previously; describe a time you had a problem with a boss, what did you do, etc.   Answer Question

The offered salary, benefits and work schedule had shifted from the original posting.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Princeton, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

Two full day interviews with multiple people including senior management. First interview was with direct manager as well as other managers that I would be working with closely. When called back for second interview it was more relaxed for part of the day, lunch with co-workers to-be second half of day interview with high level management (directors). Entire interview process was planned out well, was given an itinerary with names and titles which helped.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, very thorough and professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a very reasonable offer and I accepted. I was offered exactly what I was seeking.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of two, 30 minute interviews. Both of the interviews were with one interviewer. Th questions asked were strictly behavioral, along the lines of "tell me about a time when...?" There was no planned office visit, offers were made right after the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you a had a team member who did not pull their own weight? How did you motivate that person?   Answer Question

Logistics Distribution Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (North Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR representative who presented me with the salary offered for the position. After 2 weeks I had 2 panel interview, team and managers. Typical questions. Still waiting for feedback.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Alameda, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was arranged by the recruiting agency. When I got there they said that the person interviewing me was out that day so another team lead would interview me. That person said they did not know what the position is for so they could not tell much. Then they asked me a few questions and then the interview was over and they said they would get back to me. The recruiter never got back to me. I had to call them to find out that someone else was hired.

Manufacturing PDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (North Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I found out that I had to interview for this position while I was interning. I originally thought that I wouldn't have to do that. I was contacted by someone in HR asking if I was interested in interviewing, I said yes. From there I had more than a month to prepare for my interview and believe me, that's what I spent a lot of my downtime doing. As an intern, as there's no other way to describe it, I feel head over heels in love with Abbott. Great culture, very supportive, you are treated very well, interesting working assignments, I could go on... Anyway, I flew to Chicago to interview around when Abbott hosts an annual intern event, Abbott House (they like to kill two-birds with one stone whenever possible). I was interviewed by three different people, but it was all one-on-one. Each interview was 30 minutes. I can tell you honestly, if you go over 30 minutes, it means you're doing good because (at least hopefully) you're connecting with your interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked in a difficult group?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I probably could have negotiated, but I did not think it was prudent. Mainly because coming straight out of undergrad, you are getting a sweet offer. Think about it... Within the context of becoming a PDP (someone in their professional development program), you're starting at a great salary and all you really are for 2 years before you get placed is a glorified intern. Their benefits are crazy cool too; a LOT better than most other companies. If you get an offer, take it!

Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was a summer intern who was about to graduate, and I knew that I wanted to work at Abbott. So I applied for one of their development programs. The process was pretty straightforward because most of the time they draw on their intern pool for their development programs; I simply received an email from an HR rep and said that I wanted to interview. The interview was timed to take place when all the interns who were interviewing would be at HQ for Intern Week. We interviewed in small groups with a 3 different managers/directors and the questions were all pretty basic behavioral questions. However, you're under the radar the entire time you're there; they have an HR person watching you in the waiting room and during Intern Week there are activities in which they seem to be watching and observing you and how you interact with others.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time in which you had to lead a complex project. What made that project difficult? What were your results?   Answer Question