Abbott Labs

Updated Nov 16, 2014

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2010.

Met with territory manager, then regional manager. Went through a head hunter. Took about a month. I went to training in Ohio for about three weeks. They paid for almost everything and the training was excellent. I really felt like I knew the product after the three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward. Why do you want to be a sales rep? Tell us about yourself and where you see yourself in five years..   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2010.

Met R&D director at a job fair at a conference. He/she was very interested and asked me to email a resume.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really look into interviewing ethics, but I was asked a few illegal questions. I was asked if I were married and whether or not I was a US citizen.   View Answer
    They offered a lower salary than I expected with potential for more money if I met certain conditions. I told them I had another offer, and they guaranteed that I will receive the extra money even if I didn't meet those conditions.

Human Resources Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2010.

I came through a temp service so I had to interview with the temp service and then my would be manager. It was fairly easy but I do think I interview well due to my personality.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. The Hewitt Associates interview was much worse.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

Very thorough followup by the HR- from calling to emailing, the recruiter contacts you about every detail, which is really great in my opinion. From reserving the flight to details of the orientation, Abbott HR contacts you weeks in advance of the start date! They offer paid stay in Marriott courtyard during the 3-month internship, and grad students can get their own studio there. Many perks to being an intern at abbott.

Interview Questions
    • What were the most challenging projects you worked on, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

I first got a call from HR and they scheduled a time and date for the interview. I then had a telephonic conversation with the HR representative which lasted for around 30mins. It was a behavioural interview which comprised of normal questions like cite an example of leadership or tell us how you came up with your own idea of trouble shooting something or what sort of a position you are looking for. Then I got a call one week later to interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager did not ask me that many questions. He was friendly just wanted to know about my technical skills and what research projects i was working on. It was totally a technical interview. Then he said they will call me for an onsite but I have not heard back from them,

Interview Questions
    • cite an example where you came up with something new or a solution.   Answer Question

District Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

I had 5 interviews all based on behaviorial questioning.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

Overall, the HR team is diligent and thorough. The interviewer must be spot on, not once but numerous times throughout the interview process.
    1. Initial contact: Telephone interview
    2. Interview: with HR rep alone
    3. Interview: Depending on the schedules of the directors/asst. directors, you may have individual or group interviews consisting of (3-4). Each department has their preference.
    If it's an individual interview, each one will be scheduled for 45 min. You will go from one interview to the next. If it's a group interview, it's scheduled for 45-60 minutes.
    4. A call back for the job offer (in my case-took almost a week)

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were common, however they stress situational questions.   Answer Question

QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2010.

Had phone interview with manager and was offered job over the phone, had 1-1 interview before I started to discuss the job in more depth but at that point I had already been hired. I was hired as a contract employee from Manpower (Abbott offered me the job, then sent my info to Manpower Professional- I was never hired directly by Abbott).

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2010.

The interview process for Abbott opportunities can be endless. I first received a call from Abbott HR for prescreening. She had went over the job posting description. I then tried to explained my professional experiences and tried to relate why I fit for the position. At the end of the call I was told to send 3 references and the next step would be onsite interview. It took well over 1.5 week to be called in for onsite itnerview.

Interview Questions
    • When you are in a meeting, participants are not cooperating, what do you do to bring people back on track?   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2010.

Interviewd with 5 people over 2 days. Staff was very professional, asked many good questions and talked about the position and working with abbott. Some standard HR questions, weaknesses, strengths, tell me about confilct, tell me about projects, tell me about bending rules. Also, toured the facility, talked a little about benefits. The employees all seem to be very happy about working for Abbott and this location. Apparently it is a good site to build tenure and you have alot of lateral movement across divisions and projects so you will not get bored. There is career advancement potential and the benefits are fantastic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to change direction half way through a project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a manager that you had a hard time with and what was the outcome?   Answer Question