Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2009.

First there was a phone interview followed up with a face to face interview which taken the entire day. I was interviewed by several people. After two weeks of the interview process, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strenghts and weakness? How do you manage difficult people?   Answer Question
    The offer was much more than I expected.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2009.

Contacted via HR recruiter
    Said that the only like to schedule 1 round of interviews, however I completed 2 rounds of interviews on 2 separate days plus a subsequent phone interview
    Behavioral/situational based interview questions that each interviewer selects from (probably provided by the HR organization)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which the end result was not positive and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Corporate Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2009.

Plan to spend an entire day. Interview with three directors as well as at least four group members. The process consists only of 1x1 discussions, although that is managed by the STAR interviewing method. Interview personnel are objevtive and they get to the point. Everyone is very polite because that is the Abbott culture. Depending on the director you will be reporting to, the hiring decision may be made solely by that director or it may be made as a group consensus. Also depending on the situation, you may or may not get called back for a second interview - but you could get hired with just the single interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest failure and what you did about it.   View Answer
    I was provides a very attractive offer, so I did not feel any need to negotiate. The salary range is wide, however, and it is based on the experience you have with auditing FDA regulated facilities. Recent experience and more direct experience will command a higher salary.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2009.

SMART interview questions to experiences. How did you handle a time when you disagreed with your manager. How did you acheive your biggest success. how did you handle your peers. what would your friends say about you

none. no negotiation

Senior Manager, Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2009.

I applied online for the position and an HR specialist contacted me a few weeks later. I had a phone interview with the HR specialist, who was nice and professional, that focused on my skills and work experience. Shortly afterwards, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The interview began with a timed skills test in which I had to write a brief news release and answer questions about how I would handle various PR/communications situations.
    I then met with the director of PR for that division, along with another man who worked in some sort of quality assurance position. From there on, the interview went downhill. What the job actually was--communicating to employees why a plant was being closed and why they were going to lose their jobs--was much different than the job description, which had emphasized media relations. The hiring manager kept glancing at her watch and drumming her fingers and it was obvious that I was not going to be considered for the position, A few days later, I got the rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would plan a communications program to inform employees about the quality initiative that will require these manufacturing plants to be shut down. (Or something like that--can't remember exact wording.   Answer Question

Lotus Notes Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbott Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2009.

The hiring and interview process went very smoothly. I made one visit to them and got a job offer right away.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2009.

Very accommodating in scheduling. Company rep was enthusiastic and helped me understand the full company organization.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Hiring process was phone screen, f2f with Regional Manager. Compared to similar companies, Interview was very unstructured and very easy. RM was very "old school" and didn't seem to even care as long as he filled open positions. Total interview time for f2f was less than half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you get laid off at last company?   View Answer
    they started low, I negotiated up $10k on salary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbott Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2009.

Basic day interview then email offer

No negotiation or room for it.

Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2008.

informal, mainly behavioral

Interview Questions
    not really able to negotiate