Abbott Labs Interview Questions in North Chicago, IL

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2012.

Way to stretched and several weeks and then eternal wait to hear Y/N. It baffles me that dozen people scrutinize you and end up spending several weeks and nothing comes out of it. In the meantime you also lose other opportunities. It is puzzling.

Interview Questions
    • Not much of difficulty just have relevant skills and be balanced.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2011.

Its a hit or miss as they look to hire weak candidates. If youre a minority you will need to be interviewed by a minority to get the job. The women seem to get into positions of authority

Interview Questions
    You can't negotiate anything as a CONTRACTOR

Logistics Distribution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in October 2011.

I was contacted by the HR representative who presented me with the salary offered for the position. After 2 weeks I had 2 panel interview, team and managers. Typical questions. Still waiting for feedback.

Senior Manager, Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2009.

I applied online for the position and an HR specialist contacted me a few weeks later. I had a phone interview with the HR specialist, who was nice and professional, that focused on my skills and work experience. Shortly afterwards, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The interview began with a timed skills test in which I had to write a brief news release and answer questions about how I would handle various PR/communications situations.
    I then met with the director of PR for that division, along with another man who worked in some sort of quality assurance position. From there on, the interview went downhill. What the job actually was--communicating to employees why a plant was being closed and why they were going to lose their jobs--was much different than the job description, which had emphasized media relations. The hiring manager kept glancing at her watch and drumming her fingers and it was obvious that I was not going to be considered for the position, A few days later, I got the rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would plan a communications program to inform employees about the quality initiative that will require these manufacturing plants to be shut down. (Or something like that--can't remember exact wording.   Answer Question

Manufacturing PDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

I found out that I had to interview for this position while I was interning. I originally thought that I wouldn't have to do that. I was contacted by someone in HR asking if I was interested in interviewing, I said yes. From there I had more than a month to prepare for my interview and believe me, that's what I spent a lot of my downtime doing. As an intern, as there's no other way to describe it, I feel head over heels in love with Abbott. Great culture, very supportive, you are treated very well, interesting working assignments, I could go on... Anyway, I flew to Chicago to interview around when Abbott hosts an annual intern event, Abbott House (they like to kill two-birds with one stone whenever possible). I was interviewed by three different people, but it was all one-on-one. Each interview was 30 minutes. I can tell you honestly, if you go over 30 minutes, it means you're doing good because (at least hopefully) you're connecting with your interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you worked in a difficult group?   Answer Question
    I probably could have negotiated, but I did not think it was prudent. Mainly because coming straight out of undergrad, you are getting a sweet offer. Think about it... Within the context of becoming a PDP (someone in their professional development program), you're starting at a great salary and all you really are for 2 years before you get placed is a glorified intern. Their benefits are crazy cool too; a LOT better than most other companies. If you get an offer, take it!

Director Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2009.

Be prepared for anything. Make sure you know something about the company and that you have at minimum looked at their website. Initially I had several phone interviews the the HR/Talent recruiter - who is actually contracted out. I had to prepare a written document and submit that prior to our phone interview. Then I had the initial phone interview (typical of most). The second phone interview consisted of Q & A. Then I had 1:1 interviews with staff in the department. It lasted about four hours. The last interview was with some senior department people. (It was down to three of us.)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you define as a crises. What was your role? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2007.

Abbott has reduced their complex process to what they call "4X4X1" - Four people being interviewed for a particular position; four interviewers in turn, all done on one day if the schedule allows.
    Abbott is big on Behavioral-based interviewing and seems to be leaning towards more expertise in probing questions - digging deeper after your initial response.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a project that didn't go so well: what happened, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!