Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Public Affairs Interview

Director Public Affairs
North Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2009.

Interview Details – Be prepared for anything. Make sure you know something about the company and that you have at minimum looked at their website. Initially I had several phone interviews the the HR/Talent recruiter - who is actually contracted out. I had to prepare a written document and submit that prior to our phone interview. Then I had the initial phone interview (typical of most). The second phone interview consisted of Q & A. Then I had 1:1 interviews with staff in the department. It lasted about four hours. The last interview was with some senior department people. (It was down to three of us.)

Interview Question – Describe a situation that you define as a crises. What was your role? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Public Affairs Director Interview

Public Affairs Director
Abbott Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2008.

Interview Details – It was a long, tedious, exacting interview process. For every employer I had to find a reference.

Negotiation Details – The company was willing to negotiate on some things but not others. Overall, the compensation and benefits package was good offer but they let me go within a couple of weeks of cashing in on any of what they were offering. I would recommend you negotiate a severance package up front with this company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Abbott Labs

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abbott Labs Public Affairs Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Abbott Labs employees and interview candidates.