Abbott Labs

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abbott Labs.

Phone call, then face-to-face, then offer. All done by hiring DM. The people have all changed, so I'm not sure the value of this information at this point.

Comparing Abbott to Janssen: I had some great managers at both companies. I felt that the Janssen DMs were very consistent--you pretty much knew what you were going to get. There wasn't much variation. However, Abbott had some great DMs and some very weak management. Unfortunately because of relatively frequent re-organizations, you couldn't be sure which one was coming next.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember if any question caught me off guard. My hiring manager was more interested in checking personality mesh with himself. The regional manager suprised me, because he was the rubber stamp that I had grown used to in the pharma sales interview process, he didn't act like he was in favor of hiring you. He had a very good poker-face. that regional manager later became my DM and was one of the best bosses I ever worked for in corporate america.   Answer Question
Yes, I moved from a management capacity to take this job, so they matched my base.

Other Interview Reviews for Abbott Labs

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2008.

Phone interview followed by interview with District manager, then regional manager. THe phone interview was standard. THe decision falls on how the District manager feels about you. The regional manager just confirms.

They wanted to see my salary stub. You have to give them good reason to pay you more than what they offer. Be sure to close the interview and offer amount. Have a 'Brag book"

Interview Questions
    room to negotiate. They wanted to see my salary stub. You have to give them good reason to pay you more than what they offer. Be sure to close the interview and offer amount.