Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Abbott Labs
- Intern (7)
- Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (5)
- Marketing Manager (4)
- Administrative Assistant (4)
- Software Engineer (4)
- Associate Scientist (3)
- Scientist (3)
- Statistician (3)
- Engineer (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Territory Manager (3)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (2)
- Field Service Engineer (2)
- Senior Scientist (2)
- Sales Representative (2)
- Finance Intern (2)
- Technical Specialist (2)
- Summer Intern (2)
- Systems Analyst (2)
- Information Specialist (2)
- Information Systems Analyst (1)
- Information Technology (1)
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer (1)
- Associate Engineer (1)
- Maintenance Technician (1)
Sales Representative Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Camden, NJ).
Phone call, then face-to-face, then offer. All done by hiring DM. The people have all changed, so I'm not sure the value of this information at this point. Comparing Abbott to Janssen: I had some great managers at both companies. I felt that the Janssen DMs were very consistent--you pretty much knew what you were going to get. There wasn't much variation. However, Abbott had some great DMs and some very weak management. Unfortunately because of relatively frequent re-organizations, you couldn't be sure which one was coming next.
- I don't remember if any question caught me off guard. My hiring manager was more interested in checking personality mesh with himself. The regional manager suprised me, because he was the rubber stamp that I had grown used to in the pharma sales interview process, he didn't act like he was in favor of hiring you. He had a very good poker-face. that regional manager later became my DM and was one of the best bosses I ever worked for in corporate america. Answer Question
Yes, I moved from a management capacity to take this job, so they matched my base.
Other Interview Reviews for Abbott Labs
Sales Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Atlanta, GA) in March 2008.
Phone interview followed by interview with District manager, then regional manager. THe phone interview was standard. THe decision falls on how the District manager feels about you. The regional manager just confirms. They wanted to see my salary stub. You have to give them good reason to pay you more than what they offer. Be sure to close the interview and offer amount. Have a 'Brag book"
- Why have you had more than one job in 6 years. Answer Question
room to negotiate. They wanted to see my salary stub. You have to give them good reason to pay you more than what they offer. Be sure to close the interview and offer amount.