Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Camden, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details – Phone call, then face-to-face, then offer. All done by hiring DM. The people have all changed, so I'm not sure the value of this information at this point.

Comparing Abbott to Janssen: I had some great managers at both companies. I felt that the Janssen DMs were very consistent--you pretty much knew what you were going to get. There wasn't much variation. However, Abbott had some great DMs and some very weak management. Unfortunately because of relatively frequent re-organizations, you couldn't be sure which one was coming next.

Interview Question – I don't remember if any question caught me off guard. My hiring manager was more interested in checking personality mesh with himself. The regional manager suprised me, because he was the rubber stamp that I had grown used to in the pharma sales interview process, he didn't act like he was in favor of hiring you. He had a very good poker-face. that regional manager later became my DM and was one of the best bosses I ever worked for in corporate america.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I moved from a management capacity to take this job, so they matched my base.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by interview with District manager, then regional manager. THe phone interview was standard. THe decision falls on how the District manager feels about you. The regional manager just confirms.

They wanted to see my salary stub. You have to give them good reason to pay you more than what they offer. Be sure to close the interview and offer amount. Have a 'Brag book"

Interview Question – Why have you had more than one job in 6 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – room to negotiate. They wanted to see my salary stub. You have to give them good reason to pay you more than what they offer. Be sure to close the interview and offer amount.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Abbott Labs

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abbott Labs Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Abbott Labs employees and interview candidates.