Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Interview

QA
Alameda, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was arranged by the recruiting agency. When I got there they said that the person interviewing me was out that day so another team lead would interview me. That person said they did not know what the position is for so they could not tell much. Then they asked me a few questions and then the interview was over and they said they would get back to me. The recruiter never got back to me. I had to call them to find out that someone else was hired.

Interview Question – How do you test a medical device   Answer Question

R&D Intern Interview

R&D Intern
Alameda, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs in November 2009.

Interview Details – I first talked to a recruiter at a career fair, and I applied online on my university's career center site that night. Within a few days, I received an email telling me that I had an interview. About two days before the interview, I received a call asking if I could do a phone interview (which I did the next night). The questions asked were more behavioral questions ("Name a time where you applied something you learned in one of your classes outside of class." or "Give an example of a time you took a risk, and why you took it.") After the phone interview, I was told that I was to be interviewed in person the next day on campus. This interview seemed quite casual. The interviewer did not ask me much of anything, and mainly explained to me about what Abbott was like as a company. I received a call about a month later telling me that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you took a risk. Why did you take that risk?   Answer Question
  • Name an instance where there was a conflict in a group you were working in. How did you go about resolving this conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. This was an internship program.

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!