Abbott Labs Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Fairfield, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The process involved recruiter interaction between me and the hiring manager. (The resume better be outstanding and true.) The recruiter asked all of the relevant questions pertaining to hiring a maintenance technician / mechanic and passed the information on to the manager. Once hired, the supervisor/lead gave me a safety briefing and walk through. I was then tested on various tasks and skills such as LOTO procedures, familiarity with shop equipment, and use of test equipment. With my experience depicted on my resume. The process was relatively simple. I was able to display my skills on the first day of work since I was able to repair a down production line by troubleshooting the problem to the component in a short amount of time. My advice to any applicant is to be honest. You better be able to back up what you say or what is written on your resume.

Negotiation

I requested an amount and got it. Should I have asked for a little more? Maybe. Would that have negatively affected my chances of getting hired? Maybe. I feel that I was fair and got treated fairly.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Alameda, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was arranged by the recruiting agency. When I got there they said that the person interviewing me was out that day so another team lead would interview me. That person said they did not know what the position is for so they could not tell much. Then they asked me a few questions and then the interview was over and they said they would get back to me. The recruiter never got back to me. I had to call them to find out that someone else was hired.

Interview Questions

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abbott Labs (Alameda, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I first talked to a recruiter at a career fair, and I applied online on my university's career center site that night. Within a few days, I received an email telling me that I had an interview. About two days before the interview, I received a call asking if I could do a phone interview (which I did the next night). The questions asked were more behavioral questions ("Name a time where you applied something you learned in one of your classes outside of class." or "Give an example of a time you took a risk, and why you took it.") After the phone interview, I was told that I was to be interviewed in person the next day on campus. This interview seemed quite casual. The interviewer did not ask me much of anything, and mainly explained to me about what Abbott was like as a company. I received a call about a month later telling me that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you took a risk. Why did you take that risk?   Answer Question
    • Name an instance where there was a conflict in a group you were working in. How did you go about resolving this conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. This was an internship program.