Abbott Nutrition

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.2

Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Nutrition.

In the past getting hired from being a contract was hard, it still is. Takes time to find a permanent position. Once in company it can be a bit difficult in getting interviews and hired into new positions. At times seemed someone already in mind and just the formality for someone else being interviewed.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abbott Nutrition.

Internview consisted of a phone interview and then in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of meeting with numerous members of the plant staff. They asked very detailed questions on my expereince and "what if" scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • How deal with conflict and authority issues on the job?   Answer Question
    i did not negotiate

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Nutrition.

2 phone interviews, 1 in-person

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. Related experiences, situational.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abbott Nutrition.

I applied through my university. It was a very straightforward process, I submitted my resume and a cover letter. I was contacted after a couple of weeks to schedule an interview. The actual interviews were very relaxed, both interviewers were very nice and friendly. There were two back to back interviews that were about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything too unexpected, the usual behavioral questions and a couple of mini case questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager-Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Nutrition in October 2013.

Contacted by local Recruiter, interview set-up by corporate HR staff. Spoke with hiring manager and peers. Average length the associates had with Abbott was 20 years. Organization attempting to drive change through focus on value/cost saving in Supply Chain and components.

Interview Questions
    • Standard Behavior Questions. Interviewed by four resources many asked the same questions. Appear to have a specific resource in mind for role.   View Answer

Quality Coordinator Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter first, then got a phone call/phone interview from the company. My qualifications were right on with their job description so I came in for a face-to-face interview a few days later. I was in a conference room sitting across from 4 other managers as I was interviewing for 2 positions. The managers were very professional but also very friendly and the whole interview seemed to flow very naturally. That same day I job shadowed one of the coordinators which was great so I could see first-hand what I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be the best fit for this position?   Answer Question

Pediatric Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Nutrition.

Initial screening is through a 3rd party talent acquisition program. Afterwards, you'll be reached by the talent management rep. Your hiring manager has some say on whom he would like to interview, so it's best if you know your hiring manager. You'll typically conduct a phone interview with the manager, then a face-to-face interview. Afterwards, the top 2 or 3 will interview with the regional sales director. This interview is typically a courtesy interview, but the management teams typically allow the district manager to make the final decision since its the DM that will have to work/ mentor the representative.

Interview Questions
    • Using your sales/pharma experience and translate it to nutrition hospital sales. This position may look like pharma, but many pharma reps struggle the first year because the expectations are significantly higher.   Answer Question
    If you're requesting a salary that's higher than their typical initial offer, you will need to provide a pay stub showing you were earning an equivalent in your current job.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Nutrition.

Answered a job listing in the paper. Three interviews; one with the regional sales trainer, the hiring district manager, and the regional manager. One ride along with a current sales rep. Took about 8 weeks to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Coming for another industry, showing I could sell to physicians.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abbott Nutrition in June 2013.

It takes a ver long time, so do not get discouraged if you do not hear back right away. They usually do 3 interviews for a job, Manager, Sr. Manager, and Director.

Interview Questions
    • They read from a list of questions and pick ones that make you think. Most of them are about weaknesses, different scenarios that you have been a part of.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abbott Nutrition in February 2013.

I had a 30-45 minute phone screen with an HR person. I applied on line and the HR person reached out to me the very next day. The phone screen was short and involved me walking through my resume and answering a few behaviorial questions. It was fairly easy and the HR person was good as she provided feedback at the end.

The interview process involves the HR person taking a bunch of notes on your responses to questions, sending it to the hiring manager and the hiring manager decides, based on the written notes, if they want to talk to you or not. The HR manager was very prompt about getting back to me to let me know that I didn't get a second interview because the hiring manager said that my background doesn't fit their criteria. I appreciated the personal and quick response. Most HR people aren't like that.

What I didn't like about this interview experience was that I felt like things were done backwards. The hiring manager should have seen my resume first before the phone screen was done - not the other way around.

Probably one of the best HR persons I've dealt with due to promptness and willingness to share information. Learned a bit about the company in my brief conversation and it sounds like a great company to work for had I been given the opportunity.