Abbott Vascular Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2015

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Vascular (Temecula, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 senior engineers, 2 group leaders and 1 associate ME. The interview lasted for about 5 hours, having each person interview me for about 45 minutes. Before the interview, HR gave a pamphlet explaining the response format that are looking for. The responses should be in a STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Vascular (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied this position on line, and got contacted with a recruiter through email. A virtual interview was done by using an agent named HireVue, and then an real interview was done in the research park near UIUC. This was an onsite interview with three interviewers. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. It was a one to one interview, not a group one. They are looking for candidates to do an intern somewhere in United State first, and then they will send these interns when they graduate from school to work internationally.

Interview Questions

• What are your most proud achievement so far; Why are you choosing Abbott   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abbott Vascular in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on a job board and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. Had a 20-minute phone screen with the recruiter. Was passed on to the Regional Manager, who set up a face-to-face interview two days later at a hotel bar in Los Angeles. It was an informal interview, since there was not an available position yet. The RM stated the company was still deciding how to arrange the territories, and was not sure how many positions would be available until the end of the month. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. The following day, I was notified by the recruiter that I would not be considered for a position.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were typical for a sales position, such as "Describe your selling process". The RM was looking for someone who showed passion and enthusiasm.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Abbott Vascular in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process started with a recruiter phone call to set up actual phone interview with the hiring manager. If the call goes well, in person interview is set up and confirmation is sent via email by the recruiter with the hiring manager copied. It was nice that the recruiter included documents that helped understand the company background a bit more and a list of names of who would be on the interview panel. The in person interview was scheduled for 2 hours with two separate interview panels.

Interview Questions

• What area of your career do you want to focus on growing?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Temecula, CA).

Interview

Received an Initial phone call asking if I would like to come in and interview for an intern position. I then had several face to face interviews with several members around the office. Received a phone call that same day with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• In your 21 years of life, tell me something important that you have learned that most people have not?   1 Answer

Senior Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abbott Vascular.

Interview

Typical. Too many generic questions. Thought the process emphasized too much on being able to answer generic questions rather than finding out more about the person being interviewed. It was more like a grilling than "get to know you and your talents". I feel going through a half day series of three or more interviews is more intimidating than helpful to all parties. Business is business, however - it doesn't have to be ultra-impersonal. Having vented, the process is typical of interviewing sessions these days and everyone expects the same treatment. Doesn't mean it can't change for the better though!

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a difficult and challenging situation in previous position and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Line Maintenance Tech Interview

Interview

Standard grilling STAR

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abbott Vascular (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Lengthy and tedious - involves multiple levels and layers of people. The interviewers are given worksheets and suggested questions and directions to drive the interview. Interview process can take half a day if not more - depends on position

Interview Questions

• there is a 4 page document on how to run the interview   Answer Question

better offer elsewhere

Clinical Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abbott Vascular.

Interview

converted from a contract position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abbott Vascular.

Interview

Got an interview from a career fair at my University. Interview was the next week. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and was purely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question