Abcam

Abcam Interview Questions

Customer Service Specialist - Burlingame, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abcam in October 2013.

The position was posted on Glassdoor.com on October 9, 2013. I applied online (October 10, 2013) thru Glassdoor.com which redirected me to Abcam, a company in Cambridge, MA & UK.
    Abcam acquired Epitomics Inc. I used the company email address to inquire about the status of my online application after 2 weeks. No answer. So, I contacted an HR Recruiter in MA then tried contacting a HR Generalist thru LinkedIn.com in Burlingame, CA and she answered.

At the end of the month, I got a phone and 1-to-1 interview with the Supervisor & colleague in MA on video conferencing. The Supervisor mentioned that they were not going to have 2nd interview till the end of the year (December).

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about skill set related to Customer Service and Microsoft software, for example Outlook(email), WORD, PowerPoint, etc... Personality traits and what word or phrase would you used to describe oneself. I mentioned honesty and being genuine.

I had received a voice mail message saying that I would be contacted in the first week of Dec. for a 2nd interview. I was not so I emailed & attached the voice mail message of stating that I would be contacted (to refresh the Supervisor memory). A couple of hours later, I received another voice message stating that I was not chosen for the 2nd interview.

I saved both voice mail messages & I am hoping to get in contact with the Senior HR to let her know of these messages b/c they are totally opposite of each other. The first voice mail message stating that I would get a 2nd interview & the second voice mail message stating I was not chosen. The discrepancy is disingenuine.

I just got off the phone with the Senior HR and she was no help at all in understanding. When I asked, the Senior HR stated that 100 candidates
      applied for the position.

Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abcam in January 2010.

Q1. Your degree
    Q2. Your skills
    Q3. Benefits package
    Q4. relocation

Interview Questions
    • How many years working experience for this position?   View Answer
    • Did u have hands-on? If yes, what kind of hands-on you did.   View Answer

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Had to initially write a cover letter to go with my CV, and got an email a few days later asking for a telephone interview. I was interviewed by two members of staff, both in the same role I was applying to. They went through my CV, what I expected from the job, and all in all this was quite relaxed and friendly. Heard back later that same day to go to Cambridge for a second interview. Make sure you read up on the company and understand who they are and what they do.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you already have that's most relevant to this position to date?   Answer Question