AbelsonTaylor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

I applied for the position on LinkedIn. Within two hours of submitting my application, I received a call from the recruiter about setting up an interview. When I went in for the interview, I met with two people, the recruiter, and someone in HR. One of the first questions was 'Where else have you been interviewing'. We talked very little about my past experience, or why i even wanted the position. It felt more like they were trying to sell me on the agency and the job instead of getting to know me or learn about my skills and qualifications. They offered me the job before I even left the office, and wanted me to start the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • What are three words that your last team would have used to describe you?   Answer Question

I turned the position down because I had a few other leads at other agencies that I thought I would be a better fit for.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

I interviewed in person very well, and they asked that I write an app that proved I could code in the language needed, so I wrote an app, they liked the source, and I got the job. I started immediately afterward and chose this company because the culture and vibe was better than the competing offer I had.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Had two interviews. The first was with CD and ACD in their office and was often interrupted. Challenge was to keep their attention on my skills/accomplishments. Second interview was with a panel, presenting my portfolio,during which they gave little reaction either positive or negative. Went away wondering how it went.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

There are two separate interviews- one with the hiring manager (Helen Trbovic) and the second a group interview with the present Clinical Research Associates. The Clinical Research Associate group also review your resume, and Helen Trbovic gives the CRAs' opinion strong consideration. Although the group interview can seem intimidating at first, all CRAs went through the same process and everyone is generally pretty friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why become a Clinical Research Associate for an ad agency?   View Answer

PM Interview

Very fast. Interviewed on a Friday, received an offer on Monday.

there is no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Put my resume in on the company website, had a brief phone conversation with the hiring manager then came in for an interview. Spoke with the hiring manager and an HR person then got an offer the next day. Important to express interest in advertising, strong leadership skills and communication skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in August 2010.

This interview took place in the office after I had a brief phone interview. It was an average interview- all questions you would expect from an Ad Agency. Nothing out of the norm. Mostly be able to think on your feet and be able to convey your passion for the agency, the industry (healthcare and advertising), and the position.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in July 2010.

Was connecting to the HR woman through a friend. I submitted a cover letter and resume, and was brought in for an interview. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes about the role, and then she sat me down with about 6 other CRAs, and we chatted. It was pretty casual.

One unpleasant aspect of the experience was that I did everything right, including a thank you email right after the interview, and I waited patiently to hear back for almost 2 weeks. I emailed another follow-up email, and was told the position had been filled long ago. I can only assume that, had I not reached out, I never would have been informed. While that's something okay for initial interviews, I think that's an inappropriate way to treat a final-round/in-office candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future plans with Abelson-Taylor?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in October 2010.

Met with 2 people over 2 days and talked to each for about 45 min.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in April 2011.

Initial phone screen with a 3rd party recruiter, followed by an in person interview. 3 rounds of the interview, 1st was with two mid level associates, followed by the department director, followed by the CFO.

Interview Questions

Worked for AbelsonTaylor? Contribute to the Community!