AbelsonTaylor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Developer Interview

Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview Details – I interviewed in person very well, and they asked that I write an app that proved I could code in the language needed, so I wrote an app, they liked the source, and I got the job. I started immediately afterward and chose this company because the culture and vibe was better than the competing offer I had.

Art Director Interview

Art Director
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview Details – Had two interviews. The first was with CD and ACD in their office and was often interrupted. Challenge was to keep their attention on my skills/accomplishments. Second interview was with a panel, presenting my portfolio,during which they gave little reaction either positive or negative. Went away wondering how it went.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview Details – There are two separate interviews- one with the hiring manager (Helen Trbovic) and the second a group interview with the present Clinical Research Associates. The Clinical Research Associate group also review your resume, and Helen Trbovic gives the CRAs' opinion strong consideration. Although the group interview can seem intimidating at first, all CRAs went through the same process and everyone is generally pretty friendly.

Interview Question – Why become a Clinical Research Associate for an ad agency?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

PM Interview

PM

Interviewed at AbelsonTaylor

Interview Details – Very fast. Interviewed on a Friday, received an offer on Monday.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiating

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor.

Interview Details – Put my resume in on the company website, had a brief phone conversation with the hiring manager then came in for an interview. Spoke with the hiring manager and an HR person then got an offer the next day. Important to express interest in advertising, strong leadership skills and communication skills.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Abelson Taylor?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in August 2010.

Interview Details – This interview took place in the office after I had a brief phone interview. It was an average interview- all questions you would expect from an Ad Agency. Nothing out of the norm. Mostly be able to think on your feet and be able to convey your passion for the agency, the industry (healthcare and advertising), and the position.

Interview Question – What is your favorite ad?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was connecting to the HR woman through a friend. I submitted a cover letter and resume, and was brought in for an interview. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes about the role, and then she sat me down with about 6 other CRAs, and we chatted. It was pretty casual.

One unpleasant aspect of the experience was that I did everything right, including a thank you email right after the interview, and I waited patiently to hear back for almost 2 weeks. I emailed another follow-up email, and was told the position had been filled long ago. I can only assume that, had I not reached out, I never would have been informed. While that's something okay for initial interviews, I think that's an inappropriate way to treat a final-round/in-office candidate.

Interview Question – What are your future plans with Abelson-Taylor?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in October 2010.

Interview Details – Met with 2 people over 2 days and talked to each for about 45 min.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with a 3rd party recruiter, followed by an in person interview. 3 rounds of the interview, 1st was with two mid level associates, followed by the department director, followed by the CFO.

Interview Question – Asked to describe a mistake/regret.   Answer Question

Traffic Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AbelsonTaylor in March 2007.

Interview Details – The interview was casual and mostly personality based. The hiring manager was very personable and easy to talk with. For this particular position (entry-level), the company was primarily looking for individuals who have displayed success in school, obtained their bachelors and had marketing or advertising internship experience. They were also highly interested in candidates that participated in extracurricular activities and studied abroad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations for this position. The salary was set, but did include OT which was substantial at times.

Worked for AbelsonTaylor? Contribute to the Community!