Abengoa Bioenergy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abengoa Bioenergy

Salary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took a long time. My first interview was in September and I was hired in January. I first interviewed locally with the head of HR for the US and a plant manager. Then I was interviewed at St. Louis corporate with two executive VPs and another VP. Then I was interviewed locally by a member of the management team from a company that is in a joint venture and finally I interviewed at DC corporate with the CEO, another EVP and a VP. I received notice within 24 hrs I would be getting an offer. Getting the offer and the start date were three weeks apart.

Interview Questions

• There were no Google style questions. They were often specific about the job and how I'd handle situations. "Tell me how you'd handle prospect resistance, especially when they tell you in no uncertain terms they will never do business with you."   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was so generous that I accepted immediately.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy in May 2013.

Interview

Communicate your honesty, explain your ability to work on a team and alongside other teams. Ability to operate light equipment is a plus. Independent, responsible work is required, as is being a self-starter.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was in regard to my non-industry background and willingness/desire to remain in industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy in November 2011.

Interview

Comprehensive team interview. Interviewed with 2 Department Managers. Asked prior job related questions. Alternated questions between the two interviewers. They will ask about what you know about the company, so make sure you investigate Abengoa Bioenergy on-line. This plant makes ethanol.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about trouble shooting and working with others.   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2011.

Interview

One interview. Burocracy process, 2 months to be hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long, lack of communication.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy (Mount Vernon, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

One interview. Answer honestly. They want to hear your accomplishments in the university. Also, if you interviewed well, they will have you take an aptitude test at an Ivy Tech branch. The test can take 4 hours. My best advise is ANSWER HONESTLY. The test is designed to ask repetitive questions, so it will know if you are lying.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to go beyond the job duties and help where needed?   1 Answer

Plant Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy in May 2009.

Interview

I first had 4, 1 on 1 interviews with different managers and HR. I then had to take test on knowledge and personality. The questions in the interviews consisted of personal information and experience along with knowledge of a process situation. The test consisted of a timed dexterity test and also a computer timed test based on trouble shooting and processes.

Interview Questions

• Some of the computer test questions were were tricky as to how they were phrased or what the picture showed.   Answer Question