Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Albany, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Initial interview was by phone. First on-sight interview was with HR, and at that time was given an IQ test. Once the results are back, interview with team is arranged. First meeting with direct supervisors, then if they approve, on to another interview with the rest of the team.

Interview Question – Can't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a salary that was about the same as the salary + bonus I was making. I was able to get them up just above that number.

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted on LinkedIn by an Abercrombie & Fitch recruiter and had a phone interview that week. This was a 20 minute introductory conversation where the recruiter asked basic questions about my background. During this phone call I was asked to come to the home office for an in-person interview. I was told to dress "A&F casual," which is definitely recommended if not required. The home office exudes the same brand sense as their stores do and I think they want to see that you would fit with the company culture. The first in-person interview consisted of the Wonderlick test (50 question/12 minutes) and interviews with two people from the Allocation department. I was there for a total of 2 hours. A week or so later I received an email from the recruiter asking for another in-person interview. This interview consisted of four 30-minute interview with higher level executives. Be prepared with a lot of questions! They want to know that you are interested in the training program and can ask good questions. If you run out of questions just ask the same ones to different people to get different perspectives. Although they asked some difficult questions, non were out of the ordinary. I was that it could take up to 3 weeks to hear a response (my last interview was just before the holidays). I got the contact information of everyone I talked to from the recruiter and I sent everyone thank-you notes. Even though I didn't end up getting the job, the overall interview process was very positive. They don't try to intimidate you or stress you out during the interview and it was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you define success?   Answer Question
  • Would you rather get an A on a test and know you didn't try your hardest, or try your hardest and get a C.   Answer Question

New Albany, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2009.

Interview Details – There are a number of rounds that you need to get passed when interviewing for a position at A&F. You will first be contacted by a recruiter if they are interested. Honestly they will NOT call you if you received sub par scores on your ACT or SAT or if you received below a 3.3 GPA in college. Don't think all your extra curricular activities will help balance out your resume, IT WON'T. They will not touch you if you did not have a decent GPA. If you were like me and don't remember what you scored on the ACT or SAT, make it up, they don't check, just don't make it absurdly high. It's stupid that a test you took in high school can make or break an interview for you, BUT IT WILL.

They will first call you and talk to you, if they like you the recruiter will set up an appointment for you to come in and take the wonderlic test. If you do not score a high enough on this test, you will not proceed any further.

If you score high enough you will interview with 4 people in the current position you are interested in. A senior associate, senior management, a senior director and the VP of your area. You will start with the senior associate first. After they will all compare their "notes" about you, but honestly the most important person you need to impress is the director and VP, if they do not like you or are confident in your abilities, forget about it.

Some positions, like merchandising, require you to complete a project. You will review this project with a recruiter, if they don't feel you have the "right" stuff, you will not proceed any further.

Interview Question – What would people you know and don't know say about you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation if you come through the college recruitment program. They offer everybody the same package. I am not aware of what the negotiation phase is like for senior management.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Allocator interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.